High School games at new stadium?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High School games at new stadium?

Brookings HS needs to get their own football field. This stadium is a Division 1 stadium and should be kept that way. Not the D2 game anymore the stadium is too big for BHS to be playing there with a 1000 people in the stands.

Re: Robert Morris

Originally posted by sdsu2000 View Post
    Brookings HS needs to get their own football field. This stadium is a Division 1 stadium and should be kept that way. Not the D2 game anymore the stadium is too big for BHS to be playing there with a 1000 people in the stands.
    I agree with you right now, but once the field is turf, it won't matter. Many large stadiums host high school football games. Might as well utilize it.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
      I agree with you right now, but once the field is turf, it won't matter. Many large stadiums host high school football games. Might as well utilize it.
      Agree, however until that happens, our field gets destroyed, and will never get back to where it should be. I cannot do anything about it, but until we get turf I am going to complain, because it is a big deal if the field is ripped up and it can impact a lot of things.

Comment

Originally posted by sdsu2000 View Post
        The deal was made to allow the Bobcats to use CAS when the lights were installed. I believe the Bobcats are looking to have their own field, but that will not happen for a few years. Meanwhile we can grouse about the situation and the deal for them to use the field stands. Brookings has not had any rain this morning, so maybe we can avoid the excessive moisture.
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
          The deal was made to allow the Bobcats to use CAS when the lights were installed. I believe the Bobcats are looking to have their own field, but that will not happen for a few years. Meanwhile we can grouse about the situation and the deal for them to use the field stands. Brookings has not had any rain this morning, so maybe we can avoid the excessive moisture.
          I get that there is very little that can be done about it. Should have made it a priority when we moved to D1 this was a D2 deal. Are there really that many high school teams that play on D1 college football fields and of those that do how many are on natural grass?

Comment

Wow! We need something else to bitch about. There are two games left for BHS on the grass surface. Relax. Sell wants to keep the BHS games on campus moving forward. He views it as good for recruiting general students and student athletes. In one town hall meeting I attended, he even talked about a desire to host state playoff and the championship games. How big would that be to get those games played at the best stadium in the state.
            Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
              Wow! We need something else to bitch about. There are two games left for BHS on the grass surface. Relax. Sell wants to keep the BHS games on campus moving forward. He views it as good for recruiting general students and student athletes. In one town hall meeting I attended, he even talked about a desire to host state playoff and the championship games. How big would that be to get those games played at the best stadium in the state.
              Once we have turf, have as many games there as you want. I think it would be a perfect venue for payoff games, etc. They only have 2 games, but all it takes is one game to destroy a field, i.e. UW Lacrosse

Comment

Look forward to the day when State High School playoff and championship games could potentially be played in Brookings. Great recruiting tool!

Comment

That would be awesome, although probably going to be too cold for the state to agree to it for championship games.

Comment

That would be awesome, although probably going to be too cold for the state to agree to it for championship games.
                    I don't think they'll ever move the whole thing away from the DakotaDome, but I wouldn't be surprised if 11AAA and 11AA would possibly consider a move to Brookings or Sioux Falls.

At the same time the SDHSAA is a bunch of money hungry individuals who would consider anything if the money is right

Comment

It's not too cold for them to play the semi games 4-6 days before. Once completed poll the HS's and find out where the players and the coaches would prefer to play. My guess is only 1 HS would be in favor of the dome.......Vermillion.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                        It's not too cold for them to play the semi games 4-6 days before. Once completed poll the HS's and find out where the players and the coaches would prefer to play. My guess is only 1 HS would be in favor of the dome.......Vermillion.
                        This is incorrect. My nephews play for Wolsey Wessington. Making it to "the dome" was a huge deal.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                          This is incorrect. My nephews play for Wolsey Wessington. Making it to "the dome" was a huge deal.
                          I would agree. Although it is nothing but an oversized Quonset hut, it is something special for small town kids to go to the dome.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                            Huge deal because that is where the playoffs are not because the dome is some kind of "palace". When the new stadium is done I'm sure that would be the preference of any high school football player.

Comment

Seriously? The grain bin would be preferred over Brookings. Don't kid yourself, turf and a 3,000+ sq ft hi-def board would be a bigger draw than the dome. I'd also like to think the players love playing in the cold, can be hard to adjust to the dome. How many kids do you see every year cramping up because they're sweating more than usual.

Officials, Sdhsaa and parents would prefer Brookings to because amenities Brookings has over vermillion. Restaurants hotels, etc

Comment

Working...
                              X