Sanford Premiere Center......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sanford Premiere Center......

Any time there is a multi-million dollar project, there are problems. Now the good cities/contractors/etc. get it fixed early, and generally by the person who is at fault. But it takes time.

2nd. I don't think it looks that bad, now it probably looks worse in person, but still who cares. If its not fixed by next year this time then be my guest and complain.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
      Any time there is a multi-million dollar project, there are problems. Now the good cities/contractors/etc. get it fixed early, and generally by the person who is at fault. But it takes time.

2nd. I don't think it looks that bad, now it probably looks worse in person, but still who cares. If its not fixed by next year this time then be my guest and complain.
      I don't think I'll even care then! Besides, if it's in litigation, it will have to get resolved one way or the other, just wonder if Joe public will even know the outcome, a year from now, or even care.....maybe that's the plan, who knows.

Comment

I thought it looked worse during construction though. looks like someone wrinkled tinfoil and tried to smooth it again Hopefully they get it fixed soon. I thought during construction that some of the panels were actually sticking out further from the rest.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

So they may be arguing over who is responsible. The installer may be saying it's the material and the manufacturer may be saying it was installed incorrectly. Ultimately, the city will likely see this fixed just takes time when the lawyers get involved.
          And what if City staff knew the risks, but decided to proceed anyways?

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
            For those who haven't seen a photo here is a link to a picture of the outside. http://visitsiouxfalls.com/planners/...events-center/
            First time really even seeing the place. What the world....I'd say the erratic placement of windows is uglier than the panel problem. Are the top four "rows" of paneling different? Those didn't seem to bow at all...
            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

The first time I saw the building, I thought the paneling looked funny. I just figured my taste wasn't refined enough to understand modern architecture.

They will get it figured out. It isn't the first time a multi-million dollar project had to have a major renovation within a few months of completion... come to think of it, didn't some of the brand-spanking-new dorms on SDSU's campus need to be renovated almost immediately...?
              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                What risks? Are you implying the city said hey, we know you've never installed this product but we will give you a shot and if it sucks we wont make you pay?

Comment

A camel is a horse designed by a committee. I really don't have a dog in this fight and don't see any problems. People come to see an athletic event or a concert, not to observe the siding or do I have it wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                    First time really even seeing the place. What the world....I'd say the erratic placement of windows is uglier than the panel problem. Are the top four "rows" of paneling different? Those didn't seem to bow at all...
                    Yeah the windows looked like where the panels fell out or soemthing. Like the next post says. Maybe just don't get modern or different architecure design. The inside doesn't have as many issues. My only thing is I am not a fan of the open concourse design in the middle of the center court sections. I would rather have prime seats there then open areas but I am sure others will like it that way.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

What risks? Are you implying the city said hey, we know you've never installed this product but we will give you a shot and if it sucks we wont make you pay?
                      You implied that the material supplier and or contractor need to correct their mistake. What if the mistake was not theirs to own?

Seek and ye shall find...........,

Comment

Bingo

Comment

You implied that the material supplier and or contractor need to correct their mistake. What if the mistake was not theirs to own?

Seek and ye shall find...........,
                          Yeah, and that's not exactly a stretch looking at those photos. Without some inside knowledge I think it's a stretch to lay this problem on an owner. In fact, I can't think how it would be the owners fault without someone doing something incredibly dumb or getting terrible advice from the architect.

So what do you know? Instead of the one line posts implying someone doesn't know the real issue just spill the beans.

Comment

I saw it for the first time on TV and I thought it looked like crap. I specifically texted my buddies about it. I usually don't notice stuff like that so I'm going to assume the average Joe will notice.
                            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

So what do you know? Instead of the one line posts implying someone doesn't know the real issue just spill the beans.
                              Exactly - Tap Dancing isn't an official sport at SDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                                Exactly - Tap Dancing isn't an official sport at SDSU.
                                It might replace Equestrian but since both men and women can tap dance, it might not fix the Title IX issue.

Comment

Working...
                                X