Paying for On-line Argus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Paying for On-line Argus

I will choose one, print or online,i won't duplicate.So,does that put added strain on their print product, if most decide to scrap the print version in favor of the online version?Or does it help to keep the print version at lower numbers?They must have it figured out, or they wouldn't be doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
      I will choose one, print or online,i won't duplicate.So,does that put added strain on their print product, if most decide to scrap the print version in favor of the online version?Or does it help to keep the print version at lower numbers?They must have it figured out, or they wouldn't be doing it.
      He he he. You've got a lot of faith, don'tcha? It's called a death spiral for a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
        Just thought I'd bring this over, but in TV's chat, he said that if you subscribe to the print, the online is included. He said he was "pretty sure."
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
          Just thought I'd bring this over, but in TV's chat, he said that if you subscribe to the print, the online is included. He said he was "pretty sure."
          Isn't the on-line much cheaper than the print ? Unless you want the print version to get the ads and inserts,I don't see the point of getting anything other than the on-line.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
            Isn't the on-line much cheaper than the print ? Unless you want the print version to get the ads and inserts,I don't see the point of getting anything other than the on-line.
            Some people like reading physical copies. I don't really care much for newspapers, but I prefer buying an actual physical book over an e-Book. I'm assuming some people feel the same way about newspapers.
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I purchase a print version every morning and I give the ads to the clerk at the store to recycle. I know, stupid me, why would I pay for something when I can get it for free. The way I look at it is if I want continuing coverage of my Jackrabbits someone has to pay TV's salary. Those of you that refuse to buy a copy of the paper most likely would be the first ones to bitch when coverage of the Jackrabbits disappears. Therefore, they (Argus Leader) had no choice but to start charging for content that was free.

Also, I enjoy Annie's mailbox, the comics, and that other dumb chick that gives advice in the Argus (I can't think of her name).

The only reason I visit online stories is to see who is complaining about what in the comments sections.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                I'm sure they've done market analysis and all that jazz, so it's probably pretty right on....but 9 bucks a month seems REALLY steep to me.
                I subscribe to the Rapid City Journal on-line. I just got my bill and it is $9.95 per month. For that I get an acutal screen shot of the entire newspaper with the exception of the ads that are stuffed inside. If I want to see those, I go to the store site, i.e. Target.com, etc.
                Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Has anyone else seen the television commercial with Stu Whitney promoting the new Argus ? I already knew he was full of himself,but that one rose to new heights.

Comment

Has anyone else seen the television commercial with Stu Whitney promoting the new Argus ? I already knew he was full of himself,but that one rose to new heights.
                    Just saw it tonight and...I got nothin.

Comment

No have not seen that yet, but KELOLAND ran a commerical saying the news online was free at KELOLAND, I assumed that was aimed at the Argus charge which was to start on Feb 1. I yet to see any popups asking for payment or subscribing.
                      Did the Argus back off?

Comment

Thought TV had a quip that the charge starts Thurs 2/16, in his SDSU/USD game chat.

Comment

I know we've been promoting our station's website as free.
                          I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

today is the first day it showed it said i had 9 articles left. so I guess i will be waiting for anything from Terry to read to get my 10 free articles. I wonder if reading it on my smart phones gets 10 free ones on there or how that will change. anyway just wondered if anyone else noticed that it started. Pretty sure I have read articles on there yesterday and it didnt do anything different.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
                              I know we've been promoting our station's website as free.
                              Figure out how to get Vandrovec to write some "Special To . . ." features for you, and you've got a deal.
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

If I plunk down (and it's by no means certain that I will) it will be exclusively to read Terry V's stuff. And if I do go for it, I will make SURE that Whitney and the rest of the Argus editors know that. We'll see if we can't get the guy a raise.
                                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                                X