Brookings BK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brookings BK

A friend mentioned the Burger Kings in Brookings were closed. Couldn't tell why driving by, any one have an idea what is going on?
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Re: Brookings BK

I'm sure the actual link to the story is inactive, but here is the previous thread on it.

Link

Comment

Everytime I drive by there is nothing going on. I think those who have ownership interests in the franchise are still sorting out who gets what and who is in charge. Once that all shakes out, I would expect both to re-open.

Comment

wow, where have I been. I guess these could be merged.

remodel the store, change the menu and rename it Burger Petes. Any sdsu fan would be there in a heart beat IMO. What are the plans for the Binker?

I know I always ate there in college because of how much they supported SDSU and the marching band. I guess with all the other options intown now, not surprised some are hurting from it.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Burger Pete is looking for a job, and his wife is working out at the bowling alley. There was a rumor that the eastside (of I-29) was reopening, but haven't heard anything solid. And IMHO it would make more sense to just have one and that should be the in-town location, because it is much larger and able to handle a lot of the bus groups that come to town. While the closing was "officially" a financial decision, I do know that both of the Binkers worked exceptionally hard and may have been burned out. They were exceptionally strong supporters of SDSU, and all of Brookings, and that support will be missed.

Comment

No doubt the Binker support of SDSU will be missed. The two locations seems to be an interesting marketing topic. I suspect the reason the east of I-29 location came into being was because of of quick access from/to I-29 and the working population at Daktronics and other firms that have sprung up in that industrial park.

I worked in an industrial park in suburban Chicago and any food place nearby the office was a blessing as I was too lazy to bring my own lunch everyday.

I would think many workers have missed the BK particular the east location, since it closed.

The sixth street location is worth its weight in gold, and whoever has ownership in the franchise is losing out each day that they are closed. Its convenient for bus loads as you stated, but also very close to campus and any one heading west on 6th street.

Comment

Construction trailer out front, and some demolition has happened.

Comment

The Brookings Burger King will re-open within 2 months per Tom Walsh Jr. It will have a brand-new look, one not seen before in the Midwest. There was a story in Today's print edition of the Brookings Register.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                  The Brookings Burger King will re-open within 2 months per Tom Walsh Jr. It will have a brand-new look, one not seen before in the Midwest. There was a story in Today's print edition of the Brookings Register.
                  So a new look means its not going to be a BK and will be something else?

Comment

I'm sure it'll still be a BK... Walsh owns the BK franchises in Sioux Falls... I think they're going to do a massive remodel, if what Lake is saying.
                    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Dakota King (The Walsh Family) has 31 Burger Kings in South Dakota, Minnesota and North Dakota.

Comment

Yes, a BK. Sorry I didn't make that clear.

Comment

Tom Walsh is a major supporter of athletics. Skyforce owner etc. This could be very good for SDSU and the Jacks.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
                            Tom Walsh is a major supporter of athletics. Skyforce owner etc. This could be very good for SDSU and the Jacks.
                            Good to hear

Comment

Do not have any great expectations of support, thet have been in Vermtown for years and do not support USD much.

Comment

Working...
                              X