Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nick's best in SD

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
    For somebody that doesn't like IN-N-OUT you sure eat it quite a bit.
    OK, I am a burger freak and I tend to go to places I do like but that does not mean I think they are the best.

Comment

Having lived in Cali and eaten In-N- Out and travelling to the east and eating 5 Guys I much prefer 5 Guys. In-N-Out fries are good but I always had to ask to make em a little bit more crispy but 5 Guys just fills the bag and the burgers are great.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
        Frankly the best burger I ever at was in Cooke City Montana just north of the yellowstone enterance. A Dinner there had the Funk burger. It was a garlic and seasoned burger with all the fixens on a onion kaiser roll. IT was amazing. My family didnt find it so amazing from the gas I got after wards, but was damn tasty.

New test for burger, gas-o-meter?

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
          New test for burger, gas-o-meter?
          I didnt mind, but everybody likes their own flavor. It was hours in a car from there as we drove into yellowstone. My family vowed to never let me eat that again, but next time I am there, I am sure to ask for the funk.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

This just in....owner is SD Retailer of the Year...

http://bit.ly/fSKf4C
            Last edited by NoVaJack; 01-06-2011, 04:44 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
              This just in....owner is SD Retailer of the Year...

http://bit.ly/fSKf4C
              Very cool!!! Thanks for posting.

Comment

Should be for life, not just a year IMO.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Not sure if it was posted else where but Dick Fergen of Nicks passed away recently, a sad day for SDSU and Brookings.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                    Not sure if it was posted else where but Dick Fergen of Nicks passed away recently, a sad day for SDSU and Brookings.
                    I was a year ahead of DIck in high school. He had a way of making you feel good about yourself. A skill few of us have. No fear it's business as usual even with out Dick.

Comment

Dick Fergen's two sons are in the process of buying the business, and one of them will be returning to Brookings to manage Nick's. Glad that is working out, and hope the new management can keep Dick's success going. It is an institution that we need to keep going, despite the preponderance of fast food (hamburgers) scattered across Brookings.

Comment

This is good news. Seems like I read in The Brookings Register story about Dick that his one step son was involved in running the shop. None-the-less, it would be a shame to lose this institutional eating place. My earliest recollection was next door was Con Steen's insurance office and he always had gruesome pictures of auto accidents, and it sort of killed your appetite if you came from the south direction to get some hamburgers.
                        The Insurance Business was later replaced with the barbershop which was an improvement. And of course Dick bought the former barber shop and its now part of his shop. The aroma from Nicks is unforgettable and always has stirred my stomach about noon time.

BTW, I had a Whooper before the game, no comparison to Nicks. I should have went over to the Nicks wagon.

Comment

Stop in at Nick's and order a bag to go. Then walk west a half block and cross the street. Step into Wooden Legs, order an ale, then enjoy the best burger and best beer in Brookings!
                          You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
                            Stop in at Nick's and order a bag to go. Then walk west a half block and cross the street. Step into Wooden Legs, order an ale, then enjoy the best burger and best beer in Brookings!
                            +++++++++++++++++++

I've loved both separately and I have no idea why I'd never thought of combining them.
                            Originally posted by JackFan96
                            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

You're welcome!
                              You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Working...
                              X