• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nick's best in SD

http://www.kdlt.com/index.php?option...temid=57#video

Re: Nick's best in SD

Mmm, Nickburgers.
    You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Let the coasts keep their tofu and couscous... gimme a bag of Nickburgers and an ice-cold beer any day. What good is living longer if all you eat is rabbit food?

"It ain't healthy, but it sure tastes good"
      I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
        Let the coasts keep their tofu and couscous... gimme a bag of Nickburgers and an ice-cold beer any day. What good is living longer if all you eat is rabbit food?

"It ain't healthy, but it sure tastes good"

With all due respect to Nicks' once you've gone Five Guys - an East Coast creation - you enter a whole new Burger Realm.... There are two kinds of burger eaters in the world; Those who've eaten Five Guys and those who haven't.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
          With all due respect to Nicks' once you've gone Five Guys - an East Coast creation - you enter a whole new Burger Realm.... There are two kinds of burger eaters in the world; Those who've eaten Five Guys and those who haven't.
          For me it's a toss up between 5 Guys and In-N-Out. Both destroy anything in the midwest fast food wise.
          Originally posted by JackFan96
          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
            For me it's a toss up between 5 Guys and In-N-Out. Both destroy anything in the midwest fast food wise.
            In and out is good, but it is more hype to then anything I think.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
              In and out is good, but it is more hype to then anything I think.
              Have you ordered off the not so secret "secret menu" there? many are unaware of it's existence..

I prefer animal style burgers and fries!

for those not in the know...

http://www.badmouth.net/in-n-outs-secret-menu/

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post

I prefer In-N-Out over Five Guys, and both are better than Nicks. I like Nicks for the history and the friendlieness, but they don't have fries, and the burgers are too small.

My advice...

If you go to California..eat an In-N-Out Burger
                If you go to D.C....eat a Five Guys Burger
                If you come to Brookings...eat at Nicks
                LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Just spent two months in Utah and New England...all I ate was In-N-Out (Animalized) and 5-Guys. To be honest with you, I could not wait until I got to Brookings for the W. Illinois game to get a Nicks. In-N-Out fries are terrible, the animal menu is just the burger done in a mustard sauce. IMHO, 5- Guys is a much better burger than INO but Nicks heart attack burger has a unique taste that makes you want to come back for more.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitden View Post
                    Just spent two months in Utah and New England...all I ate was In-N-Out (Animalized) and 5-Guys. To be honest with you, I could not wait until I got to Brookings for the W. Illinois game to get a Nicks. In-N-Out fries are terrible, the animal menu is just the burger done in a mustard sauce. IMHO, 5- Guys is a much better burger than INO but Nicks heart attack burger has a unique taste that makes you want to come back for more.

WHAT???

In-N-Out's fries are amazing.

I've had both In-N-Out and 5 Guys, I will take In-N-Out over 5 Guys any day of the week.

Comment

I ate at a 5-Guys for the first time last week and I like them better than In-N-Out. They gave me so many fries I could not eat them all. I ordered the small fries and they nearly filled a small brown lunch bag full of fries.

5-Guys was the best hamburger I have had in the last three years. Houston's has the best hamburger of anyone.

Go Jacks
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)
                      (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

The IN-N-OUT Fries are the best, they are fresh cut. Perhaps you pefer your fries processed and frozen.

Comment

Frankly the best burger I ever at was in Cooke City Montana just north of the yellowstone enterance. A Dinner there had the Funk burger. It was a garlic and seasoned burger with all the fixens on a onion kaiser roll. IT was amazing. My family didnt find it so amazing from the gas I got after wards, but was damn tasty.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                            The IN-N-OUT Fries are the best, they are fresh cut. Perhaps you pefer your fries processed and frozen.
                            Actualy the best frys are fresh cut of equal length and thickness, soaked (washed) to get out the starch, soaked in new water while being chilled, patted dry, partial fried, removed from the oil, cooled then fried to a golden brown and seasoned to your taste. Preferably in canola oil. It is called double fried fry's. So yes I do prefer them somewhat processed and somewhat frozen. Try it yourself sometime and you will see what I am talking about. I like frys with flavor and a crispy tecture. In-N-Out fries are crispy but lack flavor, in fact they are somewhat dry. Now this is only my humble opinion after eating at seven different INO stores in three different states in the last couple of months. I still suggest you try the double fry at home some time. I think you will see what I am talking about.

Comment

Actualy the best frys are fresh cut of equal length and thickness, soaked (washed) to get out the starch, soaked in new water while being chilled, patted dry, partial fried, removed from the oil, cooled then fried to a golden brown and seasoned to your taste. Preferably in canola oil. It is called double fried fry's. So yes I do prefer them somewhat processed and somewhat frozen. Try it yourself sometime and you will see what I am talking about. I like frys with flavor and a crispy tecture. In-N-Out fries are crispy but lack flavor, in fact they are somewhat dry. Now this is only my humble opinion after eating at seven different INO stores in three different states in the last couple of months. I still suggest you try the double fry at home some time. I think you will see what I am talking about.
                              For somebody that doesn't like IN-N-OUT you sure eat it quite a bit.

Comment

Working...
                              X