Beef Bowl — Indiana State Sycamores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beef Bowl — Indiana State Sycamores

OK, might as well start a Beef Bowl thread about Indiana State.

So far this year, ISU is 0-3 with losses vs. NAIA, FBS, and FCS teams:

Quincy (NAIA) 26 at ISU 20
    ISU 10 at Louisville (FBS), 30
    Eastern Illinois (FCS) 31 at ISU 0

I suppose it's potentially a "trap" game since we're feeling pretty good, and they look pretty bad.

At the minimum, I'm hoping for a really good crowd. I suppose we could look for a little opening up of the offense under Crawford and some quality snaps for O'Brien.

Thoughts?
    Holy nutmeg!

Re: Beef Bowl — Indiana State Sycamores

I personally will be curious to see how good of a turnout we have from the students, with how poor of a team that ISU (blue) is. Hopefully we can fill the student section and then some like the other day, but it could be hard to keep them into the game if we walk away with it.

Football-wise I'd say that we're prolly going to see a lot of reps for our 2nd teamers and young players to get them those invaluable game reps. If we lose this game it cancells out the GSU and the next two wins we get. I highly highly doubt that the coaches let the team look past this game however. Were going to roll on them.
    Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

I'll go 55-10 Jacks with my prediction.

Comment

I'll say SDSU 66 ISU 7

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
          I'll say SDSU 66 ISU 7
          No FCS team could get beaten THAT bad.. oh, wait.
          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
            No FCS team could get beaten THAT bad.. oh, wait.

Careful!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .

We ARE talking that 92-0 game, right? http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...r4ceQD9AM68301

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
              Careful!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .

We ARE talking that 92-0 game, right? http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...r4ceQD9AM68301
              Heh, USD actually gave up 109 more yards of offense to UNI than Texas College did to SFA.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                Heh, USD actually gave up 109 more yards of offense to UNI than Texas College did to SFA.
                Is Indiana State the worst team in the sub-division?
                What the heck is SFA scheduling a team like that for.One can understand a struggling program like Indiana State playing down to NAIA just to pick up a "W" after losing for so long, but ....
                Had everyone ever heard of Texas College before last night?

Comment

Let's not count our chickens here. Last year at ISU (trees) we came out pretty slow and only put 16 up in the first half. Of course we won 49-9. And I think we're better this year. And we're at home. And it's the Beef Bowl, so there'll be a big crowd. And it appears ISU might even be worse this year...

OK. I'm struggling to figure out how we don't hammer them. I'd worry about a let down, but these coaches have really gotten the players to buy into the 1-0 each week, every play is an opportunity to win the game thing.

I'm thinking we'll get way ahead and Stig will do everything short of playing 9-man football to keep us from running it up too much on them.

By the way, ISU (wood) has a football board:

http://www.sycamorehoops.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26
                  Holy nutmeg!

Comment

ISU's offense is not that good. Against E Ill they did get some big plays at times but would then shoot themselves in the foot with sacks. the quarterback from what I saw only takes about a two step drop and hangs onto the ball a long time. The Jacks should handle them without a problem. I don't see Stig letting the Jacks overlook any one at any time. The crowd if it is big will probably intimidate the Sycs. They only played in front of about 2.500 people at home this past weekend.

Comment

Reading the Sycamores' board, I feel guilty about the light-hearted tone of my prior posts in this thread. It looks to me like they've got a lot of loyal, long-suffering fans over there. I certainly can feel their pain. And I hope they have the game of their lives and break out of their slump... later in the season against UNI.

I'm going to be a big fan of whoever is playing UNI this year.

Must be tough for Sycamores fans, though. I'm very impressed that they have a fairly active football fan board. If we had lost 51 in a row or whatever, I can't imagine spending much time here posting.
                      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I remember going into a game a few years ago against some slack division 3 team that we were sure we'd score approximately 69 points against. Some team from Lacrosse if I recall correctly.

Get up on them huge right away, then call off the dogs once the victory is asured. Don't take anything for granted.

Comment

I'm hoping for good weather, a well played game and a chance to get O'Brien some more playing time in the 2nd half.

Let's go Rabbits!
                          The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Just because their offense is bad doesn't mean that they don't have good defense. They really haven't given up that many points. Do you really think the offense can score 69 points. I think some of the points will need to come from defense or defense will have to put offense in a short field to score often.

Comment

Originally posted by FootballWidow View Post
                              Just because their offense is bad doesn't mean that they don't have good defense. They really haven't given up that many points. Do you really think the offense can score 69 points. I think some of the points will need to come from defense or defense will have to put offense in a short field to score often.
                              Unless their run defense is REALLY bad, I can't see 69 points being scored. Stig wouldn't push it like that. Once we get a comfortable lead, we'll see a lot of handoffs to Adam Monke, Jordan Paula and, I hope, Tyrel Kool behind some young offensive linemen.

You're right about their defense. It can't be that bad. They gave up 30 to Louisville, which isn't anything to be embarrassed about.
                              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Working...
                              X