Jacks #23 and Yotes gets one vote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacks #23 and Yotes gets one vote

Hey YF want to talk more football? The non-scholarship USD got 13 votes. The FCS coaches called and said it is time for you to take off your rose colored glasses.

Team (1st votes) 2008 Record Points 2008 Final Ranking

1. Appalachian State (13) 11-3 665 5
    2. Richmond (10) 13-3 660 1
    3. Montana 14-2 623 2
    4. Northern Iowa (1) 12-3 584 4
    5. Villanova (1) 10-3 569 6
    6. James Madison (2) 12-2 528 3
    7. Southern Illinois 9-3 468 10
    8. New Hampshire 10-3 419 7
    9. Weber State 10-4 405 9
    10. Wofford 9-3 370 11
    11. Elon 8-4 364 19
    12. Central Arkansas 10-2 312 12
    13. Cal Poly 8-3 282 13
    14. William & Mary 7-4 239 20
    15. McNeese State 7-4 237 21
    16. South Carolina State 10-3 225 13
    17. Eastern Washington 6-5 204 NR
    18. Massachusetts (1) 7-5 196 NR
    T19. Jacksonville State 8-3 145 22
    T19. Maine 8-5 145 16
    21. Texas State 8-5 137 23
    22. Harvard 9-1 121 14
    23. South Dakota State 7-5 101 NR
    24. Hofstra 4-8 78 NR
    25. Grambling State 11-2 77 24

Others receiving votes (points in parentheses): Liberty (76), Eastern Kentucky (72), Georgia Southern (66), Holy Cross (64), Delaware (63), Florida A&M (62), Youngstown State (56), North Dakota State (56), Furman (55), UT Martin (43), Colgate (40), Northern Arizona (34), Montana State (33), Tennessee State (25), Prairie View A&M (24), Eastern Illinois (22), UC Davis (19), Jackson State (17), Hampton (17), Southern University (13) San Diego (13), Western Illinois (12), Bethune-Cookman (12), Jacksonville (11), Princeton (10), Albany (9), Northwestern State (8), Norfolk State (4), Morgan State (3), North Carolina A&T (2), South Dakota (1), Lehigh (1), Alabama A&M (1)

Re: Jacks #23 and Yotes gets one vote

Well that settles it. Why even play out the season?
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
      Ten to one the voter doesn't know the difference between the two.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
        Hey YF want to talk more football? The non-scholarship USD got 13 votes. The FCS coaches called and said it is time for you to take off your rose colored glasses.

Team (1st votes) 2008 Record Points 2008 Final Ranking

1. Appalachian State (13) 11-3 665 5
        2. Richmond (10) 13-3 660 1
        3. Montana 14-2 623 2
        4. Northern Iowa (1) 12-3 584 4
        5. Villanova (1) 10-3 569 6
        6. James Madison (2) 12-2 528 3
        7. Southern Illinois 9-3 468 10
        8. New Hampshire 10-3 419 7
        9. Weber State 10-4 405 9
        10. Wofford 9-3 370 11
        11. Elon 8-4 364 19
        12. Central Arkansas 10-2 312 12
        13. Cal Poly 8-3 282 13
        14. William & Mary 7-4 239 20
        15. McNeese State 7-4 237 21
        16. South Carolina State 10-3 225 13
        17. Eastern Washington 6-5 204 NR
        18. Massachusetts (1) 7-5 196 NR
        T19. Jacksonville State 8-3 145 22
        T19. Maine 8-5 145 16
        21. Texas State 8-5 137 23
        22. Harvard 9-1 121 14
        23. South Dakota State 7-5 101 NR
        24. Hofstra 4-8 78 NR
        25. Grambling State 11-2 77 24

Others receiving votes (points in parentheses): Liberty (76), Eastern Kentucky (72), Georgia Southern (66), Holy Cross (64), Delaware (63), Florida A&M (62), Youngstown State (56), North Dakota State (56), Furman (55), UT Martin (43), Colgate (40), Northern Arizona (34), Montana State (33), Tennessee State (25), Prairie View A&M (24), Eastern Illinois (22), UC Davis (19), Jackson State (17), Hampton (17), Southern University (13) San Diego (13), Western Illinois (12), Bethune-Cookman (12), Jacksonville (11), Princeton (10), Albany (9), Northwestern State (8), Norfolk State (4), Morgan State (3), North Carolina A&T (2), South Dakota (1), Lehigh (1), Alabama A&M (1)
        I'm taking the bait LJ. All I can say is you now better play up to those lofty expectations and be a challenger in the MVC. Anything less than almost perfect and you will be ridiculed. Since it is in the smack section, only someone like you would pop off like you were national champions.

Although I could careless whether we play or not, with you popping off about preseason it warrants the argument about playing each other. The offer was made to play, and give you the initial 2 for 1, but you won't play. That sounds like someone might be a wee bit scared to play their counterparts in the south.

LakeJack, I am almost ashamed I took your bait, but as they say.........."PUT UP OR SHUT UP".

Make fun of me when you are 7-0 and we are 0-7 and I'll take it. Anything other than that and I will be on you like white on rice.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
          With as few fans as show up, or should I say pay to show up for Yote games it might save USD some $$$$

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
            I'm taking the bait LJ. All I can say is you now better play up to those lofty expectations and be a challenger in the MVC. Anything less than almost perfect and you will be ridiculed. Since it is in the smack section, only someone like you would pop off like you were national champions.

Although I could careless whether we play or not, with you popping off about preseason it warrants the argument about playing each other. The offer was made to play, and give you the initial 2 for 1, but you won't play. That sounds like someone might be a wee bit scared to play their counterparts in the south.

LakeJack, I am almost ashamed I took your bait, but as they say.........."PUT UP OR SHUT UP".

Make fun of me when you are 7-0 and we are 0-7 and I'll take it. Anything other than that and I will be on you like white on rice.
            So you are saying we are going to have to play like we did last year when we were one game back or the MVFC Championship, or maybe you think we need to play like we did the year before when we won the Great West Football Conference Championship to live up to your expectations. I think we will be ok.

Face it those who know, know that we are a contender and the Yotes are just pretenders, whinning at our back door looking for scraps. Go away puppies the big boys have work to do.

Comment

By the way YF we open the season with Georgia Southern they got 66 votes. Who do you open the season with?
              Last edited by LakeJack; 08-24-2009, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Can you prove there was an offer out there? Until you do I have a hard time believing USD made the offer.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
                  Ten to one the voter doesn't know the difference between the two.
                  Bet you're on to something but it may not be the voter. Might be the one tallying the votes.
                  What are the odds the tallier who got the real SDSU mixed up with San Diego State in women's basketball also mixed up the non-scholly University of San Diego and the Yotes?
                  Given that, is it possible the California SD got credit for votes for the South Dakota SD? Just askin'. .......... (Fat one down the middle to YF, I know. Sorry about that)

Noticed that the California SDs play Valpo this year. Didn't the Jacks destroy Valpo 60-something to nothing during transition?

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                    Bet you're on to something but it may not be the voter. Might be the one tallying the votes.
                    What are the odds the tallier who got the real SDSU mixed up with San Diego State in women's basketball also mixed up the non-scholly University of San Diego and the Yotes?
                    Given that, is it possible the California SD got credit for votes for the South Dakota SD? Just askin'. .......... (Fat one down the middle to YF, I know. Sorry about that)

Noticed that the California SDs play Valpo this year. Didn't the Jacks destroy Valpo 60-something to nothing during transition?
                    Not going to take it, but thanks anyway. You have a legit post.

Comment

By the way YF we open the season with Georgia Southern they got 66 votes. Who do you open the season with?
                      Hey LakeJack, we play William Penn.

Have you ever played them? If so, when? Just curious. (certainly not when you were D-I)

Comment

69-6 your 2nd season of transition. Big butt kicking.

Comment

Not very good since USD the good one from San Diego beat UC Davis 28-20 last year and UC Davis finished ahead of USD, the bad one from South Dakota with only 1 FCS win ever, in the Great West standings

Comment

Hey LakeJack, we play William Penn.

Have you ever played them? If so, when? Just curious. (certainly not when you were D-I)
                            2006, the same season that we beat three ranked teams including #4 Cal-Poly on the road. Remind me how many FCS ranked teams you guys are scheduled to play this year. Remind me how many FCS ranked teams you have beaten. Oh yea you beat Southern Utah once and that is it all time and of course they haven't had a winning season in some time. Still nice win for the Yotes.

If you want respect from the big boys you first have to do something. So like I told you puppy no scraps for you so go home
                            Last edited by LakeJack; 08-24-2009, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Not very good since USD the good one from San Diego beat UC Davis 28-20 last year and UC Davis finished ahead of USD, the bad one from South Dakota with only 1 FCS win ever, in the Great West standings

Well, "good one" is relative here and in all fairness, these are the San Diego Toreros, not the Chargers, we're talking about. ...The Yotes finished seven slots ahead of that other USD in the final '08 Sagarin ratings. ...Your dislike of the Yotes obviously runs deep but give credit where credit is due.

Comment

Working...
                              X