Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jacks #23 and Yotes gets one vote

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
    Well, "good one" is relative here and in all fairness, these are the San Diego Toreros, not the Chargers, we're talking about. ...The Yotes finished seven slots ahead of that other USD in the final '08 Sagarin ratings. ...Your dislike of the Yotes obviously runs deep but give credit where credit is due.
    They may be the Toreros, but they did beat UC Davis the 2nd place team from the Great West last year and the Yotes beat Southern Utah the last place team in the Great West. So they each beat 1 FCS scholarship school, but San Diego beat the better school. If you ask me I think both USDs are overated.

I really don't hate the Yotes, I just get tired of USD's tag along ways.

Yotes may be a good FCS team some day and I have said so on other threads but until they have more then 1 FCS win their fans sound like pups begging for scraps at our back door to me.

One School is ranked in the top 25 again, and the other school got 1 vote in the poll, its first vote ever. We are not on the same level even though both schools are in South Dakota. NVJ I am sure you can agree with me on that.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
      I'm taking the bait LJ. All I can say is you now better play up to those lofty expectations
      #23 is 'lofty expectations'?

You must be kidding me. SDSU ended last year at #28, 2007 at #19, and 2006 at #22.

Oh, and one more thing, until you know what's going on with SDSU's scheduling negotiations, you don't know what's going on.

Until you have ANY kind of evidence to support your "bawk-bawk-bawk" talk, I think I'll stick with a more credible source of news and information:

As far out as football schedules are made, I'd be surprised if SDSU wasn't -already- negotiating for that date.

Comment

*sniff*

I miss Bat Boy.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

He was the highlight of the weekly trip to the grocery store.

Comment

New UND mascot?

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
              New UND mascot?
              Oof.

Nice.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I'm taking the bait LJ. All I can say is you now better play up to those lofty expectations and be a challenger in the MVC. Anything less than almost perfect and you will be ridiculed. Since it is in the smack section, only someone like you would pop off like you were national champions.
                Who is acting like they are national champions? Since when does #23 equal national champion?

Make fun of me when you are 7-0 and we are 0-7 and I'll take it.
                No, you wouldn't. Besides, if SDSU is 7-0, do you really think they would only be ranked #23? And if USD was ranked 0-7, do you really think they would recieve even one vote?
                Nice try.

Comment

I'm taking the bait LJ. All I can say is you now better play up to those lofty expectations and be a challenger in the MVC. Anything less than almost perfect and you will be ridiculed. Since it is in the smack section, only someone like you would pop off like you were national champions.

Although I could careless whether we play or not, with you popping off about preseason it warrants the argument about playing each other. The offer was made to play, and give you the initial 2 for 1, but you won't play. That sounds like someone might be a wee bit scared to play their counterparts in the south.

LakeJack, I am almost ashamed I took your bait, but as they say.........."PUT UP OR SHUT UP".

Make fun of me when you are 7-0 and we are 0-7 and I'll take it. Anything other than that and I will be on you like white on rice.
                  UNI 66 - USD 7

Hey YF, can I make fun of you now?

Comment

I really hope the voters can tell the difference between South Dakota State and South Dakota this week. We might drop out of the rankings, thanks coyotes.
                    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                      UNI 66 - USD 7

Hey YF, can I make fun of you now?
                      You may............

Comment

You may............
                        You are a good sport.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                          You are a good sport.

Agreed. I really appreciate fans from other schools that can come on here and post well. I understand I don't post much on here but I read it often and I hate sifting through garbage. Thanks YF
                          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                            I really hope the voters can tell the difference between South Dakota State and South Dakota this week. We might drop out of the rankings, thanks coyotes.
                            It seems the fans of Montana State are having a hard time this week. On the MSU message board their fans are predicting them losing to SDSU. Someone had to fill them in that they are playing USD not SDSU. Read the fun here:

Re: Weekly Predictions Thread: CATS vs South Dakota
                            by MaZooLaGriz on Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:16 am

MSU: 16
                            SDSU: 31

and again here:

Re: Weekly Predictions Thread: CATS vs South Dakota
                            by GavinDonos on Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:13 am

SDSU: 35
                            MSU: 10

Link: http://www.bobcatnation.com/bobcatbb...p?f=20&t=19610

Comment

Hehe. At least now we know where SDSU stands in comparison to Mont. St. in the eyes of some Mont. St. fans!
                              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                                Hehe. At least now we know where SDSU stands in comparison to Mont. St. in the eyes of some Mont. St. fans!
                                Or more likely Montana fans on the Montana St. forum.
                                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                                X