2006 Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 Recruits

Moe Ankeny assistant football coach with the Gophers was being interviewed on KWSN last week. He indicated he was on his way to Pierre after flying to Sioux Falls. Good assumption would be he was meeting with Pierre's heralded sprinter and football player Quincy Christie. He is one of the fastest in the state and is poised to win the 100 meters at the Howard Wood Relays. The Gophers may also looking at a big 6'7 reciever in Pierre (Michael Tveidt). I'm sure the Jacks are doing everything they can to keep these guys in South Dakota.

Re: 2006 Recruits

Junior Quincy Christie of Pierre won the 100 meters in 10.73 and the 200 meters in 21.80 (State Record). This guy can flat out fly. How much fun would it be to see him sprinting down the sideline at Coughlin. May be out of our reach.

Comment

Jacks showing some interest in Quarterback Tim Getting of Waukee,IA. I would think the Jacks would look to the State of Nebraska again next year to fill some needs as their is a deep pool of talent in the class of 2006. University of Nebraska and other Big 12 schools have offered the cream of the crop however their seems to be an abundance of talent particulary in the metro Omaha area. Quincy Christie of Pierre is the only player from South Dakota listed in the Rivals top player list. He seems to be getting a lot of interest from schools like Iowa, Iowa State,Nebraska and Wyoming. I'm sure his recent showing in the state track meet will not hurt him.

Comment

I know he isn't a big time recruit. But I know SDSU has sent some letters to Brady Koopal from Geddes to play football.

Comment

Jacks are showing interest in Maurice Turner 6'1 190 lbs reciever from Mounds View Mn. Also Sam Sterner 6'4 260 from Waconia, MN. He indicated in a Minnesota Preps interview that he gets e-mails from the SDSU coaches once or twice a week.

Comment

Here is a quick hitter about a lineman that we are looking at. No one has made an offer yet and it looks like he wants to stay closer to home, but you never know. Scholarship dollars talk, if we want him.

http://hsarizona.scout.com/2/417205.html

Jeff Hines

Go State!  ;D

Comment

Jacks showing interest in Offensive Guard Tyler Illikinen 6'3 285 of Wayzata MN. Also recieving interest from NDSU, Central Fla, Buffalo and Kansas State. Received first offer from St Cloud State.

Comment

Jacks are recruiting Fairmont's Mike Wubbena a 5'8 170lb running back and defensive back. 4'6 40 and gpa of 3.67 and 24 ACT. Also being recruited by NDSU,UNI,Augie and Mn State. He was second in the state in his wrestling weight class the last 2 years. 1100 yards rushing and 21 TD's his sophmore year. As a junior he amassed 1300 yards rushing,1700 all purpose yards and 26 tds.

Comment

To my understanding SDSU has started to look up to Canada now for football prospects. I myself am a All Purpose back and I received a questionnaire a few weeks ago from this school. Sense your talking about recruiting i thought i would just throw that in.

Comment

I'm glad to see we're looking North of the border for potential recruits. There is some great talent there.
                    Andrushko, I hope things work out for you and someday I can watch you play for the JACKS !!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas_Jacks_Fan
                      I'm glad to see we're looking North of the border for potential recruits. There is some great talent there.
                      Andrushko, I hope things work out for you and someday I can watch you play for the JACKS !!
                      I echo the sentiments of Tex. I think its clear that SDSU has an open door for all in-state and local talent but with the increased level of competition we need to expand our recruiting base. Canada seems perfect to me.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Kyle Minett of Russell-Tyler-Ruthton has SDSU interest but is being recruited by Minnesota. Funny to see us in recruiting wars with Big 10 schools.

[hr]
                        R-T-R RB Kyle Minett Has Gopher FB Interest
                        http://minnesota.scout.com/2/422323.html
                        By Chris Monter
                        Date: Aug 10, 2005

Kyle Minett of Tyler (MN) Russell-Tyler-Ruthton is one of the Minnesota's top two-sport athletes. Minett was named first-team Associated Press All-State as a junior as a running back. He led R-T-R to a 7-3 mark. He has also led the Knights to back-to-back Class A basketball titles on the hardwood. GoldenSports.net recently caught up with Minett to learn the latest on his recruitment.

Kyle Minett led the Knights with a game-high 23 points as Russell-Tyler-Ruthton (28-3) who won their second consecutive state championship in March. Minett was named to the all-tournament team.

Minett had a game-high 15 points and 7 rebounds for R-T-R as they defeated Nashwauk-Keewatin 59-29 in the Class A title game as a sophomore to win the schools' first state championship. The Knights hadn't played in a state tournament since 1990.

Despite his success on the hardwood, Minett is getting more attention for his pursuits on the gridiron. He was the lone junior named to the Associated Press All-State team.

Minett said that Minnesota is currently among his top three schools.

"My top schools are Minnesota, North Dakota State and South Dakota State. South Dakota State has offered me a scholarship.

Minett said that he has heard from most of the area's Division II schools.

I've gotten interest from St. Cloud, South Dakota, Mankato, North Dakota, Augustana, Drake, along with Iowa State.

Comment

This is an interesting article on a kid from Georgia who moved to Fairmont Minnesota. He has accepted a scholarship from Purdue. Recently attended a team camp at SDSU.http://minnesotapreps.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=446072

Comment

I have mentioned in the past that Anthony Thompson of Sioux Falls Roosevelt and Quincy Christie of Pierre are two South Dakota kids who are most likely getting DI looks for football. Is there anyone else in the state that are being recruited by DI and DIAA schools? Thompson is also being recruited for wrestling and Christie for track.

Comment

If the Jacks are interested in a Kicker/Punter they should look no further than Trevor Cook out of Sioux Falls, SD (Washington HS.) One of the best kickers in the nation. I watched the Aberdeen Central vs Sioux Falls Washington soccer game this past weekend at new Swisher Field. He played goalie for SFW, he'd constantly kick the soccer ball 50+ yards, once also he kicked 65 yards. I know there is a differnce between soccerball and football but that's still quite impressive. He's currently talking to Illinois, Miami (Oh), and Northwestern.

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&...mp;nid=2086859

Comment

Working...
                              X