UC Davis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UC Davis

Since we had good luck last week when we started a thread with predictions for the Poly game, I'll start one for this week.

I say SDSU wins the game with a renewed rushing attack and a QB with as much confidence as any QB in the nation leading the passing attack. I think Davis will get their points and it will be a hard fought game, but the home crowd, home cookin and Pride zeal (they should be on their A game with Hobo Days and the UC Davis band in town) will help us pull this game out.

UC Davis 21
    SDSU 27

Davis scores a TD late to really make us sweat.
    "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Re: UC Davis

Cal-Davis 24
    SDSU 38

SDSU will come out of the gates smoking and get up big early in the game!

Davis will score late to make it closer than it really was! Davis won't be able to overcome the clattering of the cowbells and the noise of the 15,500+ at CAS!

Anything else you want to know?

SUPERBUNNY (bearded of course)

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

I am going to say

SDSU 27
      UC Davis 21
      "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
      -Leo Rosten

Comment

From the Collegian:

http://www.sdsucollegian.com/media/s...ucollegian.com

UC Davis football game remains team's focus during Hobo Week festivities

Brian Kimmes

The Jacks continue their Great West Conference schedule with a Hobo Day game versus the University of California Davis.

UC Davis continues the brutal stretch of games with a meeting with the Jackrabbits. Davis enters Saturday's match-up as the No.-16 ranked school in the nation. In the preseason Great West Conference polls, Davis was picked second.

Last week, Davis beat conference foe Southern Utah University, 27-7. The Aggies enter the game with a 1-1 conference record, while the Jackrabbits enter Hobo Day ranked first in the Great West Conference with a 1-0 record in conference play. Both teams are 4-3 overall.

In the meeting between the two schools last season at Howard Wood Field, the Jacks held off a late Aggie rally to win, 16-14. Davis scored two touchdowns in the fourth quarter, but failed on a two-point conversion to tie the score.

"We've got a lot of respect for them," Head Coach John Stiegelmeier said. "We're looking at a team with great tradition ... They compete for a conference championship every year." . . . (read more)

Go State!

Comment

I'm gonna say

SDSU 31

UC Davis 17

Attendance over 16,000

Comment

The biggest match-up (for this Homer Rabbit) is the Hobo Day match-up between the UC-Davis Aggies, and the Fierce Thumpers of SDSU in Brookings, SD. SDSU has been on a tear since game 4. In the pre-season picks, this game was a even call between who wins. As the best game of the season, that's played in Brookings, I still think that the Rabbits pull another W out of their hat of trick. SDSU 27 - UCD 24

Attendence 15,525

Comment

Aggie offense: If Jon Grant (#12) has an "on" day he is fantastic (one of the best) but sometimes runs in streaks. Lots of short passes across the middle. Excellent receivers in Kays (#85) and Carter (#9). Marcus Nolan (#24) beginning to come on as both a running back and receiver but Aggies are primarily a passing team. Tight ends mostly block. Offensive line usually gives up very few sacks.

Aggie defense: Very difficult to run up the middle on the Aggies. Some good teams like TCU were able to run around the ends with very fast running backs. Long passes are hit and miss, sometimes giving up a number in a game and sometimes turning them into interceptions. Passing yards are easier to come by than rushing yards.

SDSU defeat of Cal Poly in SLO was outstanding. It should be a good game and I will be glued to my radio.

Comment

I'm taking SDSU 21-10 in a somewhat defensive game.  I also find the matchups intriguing.  According to the previous post, they are stout against the run and are primarily a passing team.  I believe that, although we've had some decent passing games, we are still a running team who hasn't hit their stride in the running game yet.  This should be a nice subplot.  Also, their passing attack and an O-line that "doesn't give up many sacks" against our renewed pass rush.  The pass rush has been excellent the past few weeks.  I think it comes down to "our strengths" vs. "their strengths".

Comment

I'm calling this one a toss up.

Davis is going to be out for blood after last year's loss. Perhaps they overlooked the Jacks last year, after the pasting they put on them two years ago.

That will not happen again.

This could come down to field position, and the kicking game.

So, I like our chances.

Comment

Hobo Day Blowout

SDSU 38 UCD 17

Jacks will fire on all cylinders. Jaron will strike deep at least 2 times. Jacks will be able to run the ball. GREAT HOBO DAY CROWD......JACKS WIN AND WIN BIG

Comment

Originally posted by cactus jack
                      Hobo Day Blowout

SDSU 38   UCD 17

Jacks will fire on all cylinders.  Jaron will strike deep at least 2 times.  Jacks will be able to run the ball.  GREAT HOBO DAY CROWD......JACKS WIN AND WIN BIG
                      Now that's a prediction!
                      "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by cactus jack
                        Hobo Day Blowout

SDSU 38   UCD 17

Jacks will fire on all cylinders.  Jaron will strike deep at least 2 times.  Jacks will be able to run the ball.  GREAT HOBO DAY CROWD......JACKS WIN AND WIN BIG
                        I hope this is the case!!! I really don't know what to expect from the Jacks. I know they will compete but I don't know if they will come out and score early or storm back late and pull out a tight one. If they score early will they stumble a bit at the end like we did against Nicholls or collapse like with did against UNI? Will we struggle early like we did against McNeese and Cal-Poly and then pull of the unlikely and win? Will we dominate the game like we did against UCA?

Well, I guess I'll waffle a bit and say:

SDSU 34
                        UC-Davis 20

Homecoming crowd, homefield advantage, great special teams and no stupid turnovers or penalties results in the best 60 minute performance all season. And..... I won't be there to witness it!
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Any homers here who think the Ags will get "blown" out are in for a disappointment on Hobo Day.  This game will be decided by 10 points or less.  Whoever controls the clock with their running game will find a way to win.  The Jacks have pride and believe in themselves, but so do the Aggies, and they sure as heck remember what happened last season.  If there's a blowout, it'll be at the hands of Grant and Co. and nobody else.  
                          8-)

X-Factors: Kardoes & play of both teams' offensive lines.

Comment

Originally posted by AggieFinn
                            Any homers here who think the Ags will get "blown" out are in for a disappointment on Hobo Day.  This game will be decided by 10 points or less.  Whoever controls the clock with their running game will find a way to win.  The Jacks have pride and believe in themselves, but so do the Aggies, and they sure as heck remember what happened last season.  If there's a blowout, it'll be at the hands of Grant and Co. and nobody else.  
                            8-)

Don't take it personal, some of these guys here always pick an SDSU win.

But, it's their perrogative.

I too, expect a tight game.

Comment

Originally posted by AggieFinn
                              8-)

Are you coming to the game AggieFinn?  Maybe a friendly wager is in order if you are planning on coming to South Dakota's Largest Cocktail Partytm!

Send me a PM if you are making the trip!

Oh, I'll be putting my "bet" on the Jacks thank you very much! Kardoes is going to have the game every senior dreams of!

SUPERBUNNY
                              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X