New Stadium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Stadium

Looks like President Chicoine is ready to press forward with the planning process for a new stadium. Playing games in stadiums like Memorial Stadium and other esstablished FBS programs shows we need to think big and get the ball rolling. It makes you think they may have some seed money pledged to some of these new facilities in the Master Plan

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...21/1002/sports

Re: New Stadium

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    Looks like President Chicoine is ready to press forward with the planning process for a new stadium. Playing games in stadiums like Memorial Stadium and other esstablished FBS programs shows we need to think big and get the ball rolling. It makes you think they may have some seed money pledged to some of these new facilities in the Master Plan

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...21/1002/sports
    I think you may be 100% correct. Just need more people to come forward with donations to make those come to fruition!!!

Comment

For what its worth, the plans were on display at the Endowment Banquet the eve before the ISU game. They were very impressive. I had a short visit with Fred Oien. Fred Oien was mentioning that Ohio State had financed a ton of project using bonds. I was kind of quesitoning where we would get the money for such a project, and he mentioned the procedure that Ohio State had used as a possiblity and I suspect though you would need some gifts in hand to serve as collateral or to reduce the size of the bond issue. Fred said he is pretty much out of the loop as far as what is going on now and thought he should be, and he thought that Justin Sells was doing a remarkable job as AD. I am sure the current staff at the foundation are working on this a few hours every week and are making contacts and having discussions about possible gifts. A Sanford gift would help, but not absolutely necessary.

Comment

I had the same feeling, that since we hadn't heard anything - things must be getting pushed back as this isn't a priority to our administration.

Now, I don't think I was dreaming this, but I spoke with someone at the Foundation and expressed that thought - that since we hadn't heard anything - it must be getting pushed back (priority-wise). Again, I don't think I was dreaming, but this person said "oh contraire". There has been a lot of work done behind the scenes and I was left to connect the dots that perhaps Beef Bowl or Hobo Day (One of our home FB games) we will have a little fanfare (similar to a few years ago, when we threw out some plans on a Dykhouse Center "dream" - before sending the Bison home with their tail between their legs).

That's my dream and I'm sticking to it. I hope they have secured a nice 'down payment' and they've worked out the bonding/financing and will trumpet it out loud later this fall and make a big announcement. That seems to be the way things have happened over the past few years and look at the beautiful buildings that we have added and continue to add to our beautiful campus. Go Big! Go Blue!! Go Jacks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MaddogJack View Post
          I had the same feeling, that since we hadn't heard anything - things must be getting pushed back as this isn't a priority to our administration.

Now, I don't think I was dreaming this, but I spoke with someone at the Foundation and expressed that thought - that since we hadn't heard anything - it must be getting pushed back (priority-wise). Again, I don't think I was dreaming, but this person said "oh contraire". There has been a lot of work done behind the scenes and I was left to connect the dots that perhaps Beef Bowl or Hobo Day (One of our home FB games) we will have a little fanfare (similar to a few years ago, when we threw out some plans on a Dykhouse Center "dream" - before sending the Bison home with their tail between their legs).

That's my dream and I'm sticking to it. I hope they have secured a nice 'down payment' and they've worked out the bonding/financing and will trumpet it out loud later this fall and make a big announcement. That seems to be the way things have happened over the past few years and look at the beautiful buildings that we have added and continue to add to our beautiful campus. Go Big! Go Blue!! Go Jacks!!!
          May have something to do with the invite to be in Brookings on Thursday, October 21st for a "bold announcement". I missed the Avera Health Sciences dedication, I hope to make it for this.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
            May have something to do with the invite to be in Brookings on Thursday, October 21st for a "bold announcement". I missed the Avera Health Sciences dedication, I hope to make it for this.
            I thought the same thing when I got the announcement in my inbox earlier today! Hopefully we aren't disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
              The Thursday before Hobo Day would be a great time to make such an announcement

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                The Thursday before Hobo Day would be a great time to make such an announcement
                It will be a major announcement, but not to announce a major contribution to a new football stadium

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                  It will be a major announcement, but not to announce a major contribution to a new football stadium
                  Never said it would. Just the Thursday before Hobo Day would be a great time to make a major announcement...

Comment

It is interesting that the Athletics Master Plan will be presented to the Regents on October 13 and 14. But I'm guessing the announcement will be something about the "public" phase of the "It Starts With State" campaign.
                    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I was aware of the big announcement. Seems like I read something on one of the offical websites, but really have no clue what its all about. I do know that the foundation board which now numbers nearly 50 people meets just prior to Hobo Day and if there are any key announcements then they would fall in that week. It has to do do with the current campaign and I doubt any announcement about a major gift towards a football staduim will be made.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                        I was aware of the big announcement. Seems like I read something on one of the offical websites, but really have no clue what its all about. I do know that the foundation board which now numbers nearly 50 people meets just prior to Hobo Day and if there are any key announcements then they would fall in that week. It has to do do with the current campaign and I doubt any announcement about a major gift towards a football staduim will be made.
                        Definitely. The event will be focused on the entire It Starts With State campaign, and will feature the announcement of the final goal for the campaign, which will be the highest fundraising goal ever for any higher education institution in the state as we enter the "public" phase as mentioned by JimmyJack. While the athletic facilities are part of the campaign, they are only part. More information on the athletic facilities will be forthcoming from the mid-October presentation to the Regents than will emerge on the Thursday of Hobo Week IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                          Definitely. The event will be focused on the entire It Starts With State campaign, and will feature the announcement of the final goal for the campaign, which will be the highest fundraising goal ever for any higher education institution in the state as we enter the "public" phase as mentioned by JimmyJack. While the athletic facilities are part of the campaign, they are only part. More information on the athletic facilities will be forthcoming from the mid-October presentation to the Regents than will emerge on the Thursday of Hobo Week IMO.
                          Seems like what I read did mention the public phase, which was not defined. Can you help me out here? How would the public phase differ from the private phase?

Comment

Just as an FYI there are currently 89 members of the Foundation's Council of Trustees. See page 34 for the list.

http://www.sdsufoundation.org/wp-con...DF-FOR-WEB.pdf

Also it is my understanding that the President will be sharing a number of facilities master plans with the Board of Regents to make sure they are up to date on the progress that has been made and to ask their permission to take the next steps (the next steps will involve additional and more detailed planning). There are lots of steps when you are talking about master plans that project out to 2025.

Go State!

Comment

Always amazes me that the state has to approve plans for which they contribute no money to build or maintain a facility.

Comment

Working...
                              X