Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USD's Title as Best Team in the Dakotas Secured

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
    "CONFERENCE" run? Isn't the Great West just a scheduling alliance thus it doesn't count as a conference title?

Now go back to your board and play with those 5 people in the country who actually care about USD athletics.
    WAIT the Great WEST ISN'T a CONFERENCE? Their best goes to the post season tourney lower than the NIT. USD has a shot. Pretty amazing that there is a lower conference best than SWAC or independents.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
      I'll also take this opportunity to give a shout out to those Coyote fans who do post here and exhibit signs of rational thought--Yoteforever, yotemeal (although has he been around lately?), even RabbitObserver have generally been rational, yet apparently still USD fans (much as the concept may boggle the mind of the average SDSU fan). There may be others, and I apologize for not recognizing you here. I blame Miller and his cursed light beer.
      Filbert, you shouldn't have; I'm blushing.

I’m not sure why Coyote Fan posted his thoughts in the smack section. Seems more like a benevolent act. Instead of using a little wit to pour salt in your wounds, CF, in CF fashion, tee’d you up a fat vulnerable argument that is appropriately resting about 320 yards down the center of the fairway.

I think what CF meant to say, a message I might endorse, is that the USD men, strength of schedule aside, have put together a respectable season, and based on an eye test and rough analysis of talent, the current USD men’s squad competing against mid-pack Summit League teams is not a laughable notion. Or something like that.

Of course, this is a sports message board, a forum in which we debate, speculate and occasionally antagonize. I’d prefer it if CF would quit throwing you guys so many pitches that land in the upper deck, but I’ll give the guy credit for loyalty and remind myself that every family has at least one. I just wake up every morning thanking god Lakes doesn’t wear red.
      University of South Dakota:
      Oldest university of the Dakotas; Home of S.D.'s only accredited law, medical and business schools; S.D.'s designated liberal arts institution; National scholars galore; Alma mater of 10 S.D. governors, 20 members of Congress, all sitting S.D. Supreme Ct. justices and 1/2 of all S.D. physicians; Warmer than Brookings; Where JackMD received his advanced degree!

Comment

Lakes Bison and his cousin Coyote_Fan pose for the Obnoxious Fan Board Poster of the Year Award publicity shot.

Comment

Well if USD did play in the Summit League this year, I don't think they would be a middle of the pack team. Playing on the road in the Summit is very tough and it takes a while to get use to the travel schedule. USD may win 1 road game this year and that is it. Even winning at Centenary is not easy. NSDU won at Centenary in OT there first year in the league and they went on to win the conference the next year. That NDSU team was better than USD and they only won 3 games on the road that first year. Again, I would give USD 1 road win.

As far as home games, I don't see USD beating Oakland, IUPUI, Oral Roberts. They probably don't beat IPFW either. That leaves SDSU, NDSU, UMKC, Western Illinois, Centenary and So. Utah. USD would probably split these games, winning 3 and losing 3. That would put USD at 4-14 in conference play. This would not get you into the conference tourney. You would need to win 6 games to get into this years tourney.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
            ... SDSU fans can thank their maker that the SDSU administration wanted nothing to do with scheduling the Yotes.
            Yeah, I'm sure that's why SDSU raced out ahead and went D-1 several years before the Coyotes. The Jacks just didn't want to have to tangle with the Yoties any more. ... Yuck, yuck, yuck. ... The logic fueling this thread is getting goofier and goofier.
            This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post

Lakes Bison and his cousin Coyote_Fan pose for the Obnoxious Fan Board Poster of the Year Award publicity shot.
              AW SWEET! It's Wild Rebels.

Me and Filbert know this film.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XL7fqjK_l4

Comment

This one's for CoyoteFan: As much as you think NDSU historically sucks in mens hoops, this season was actually one of our worst in the past 38 years. Since 1972, NDSU only has had 5 losing seasons, including this year. Most of us Bison fans knew before the season began that this year was going to be a toughie. 11-18 is not common for NDSU as you like to think. We replace basically half our roster next year. Coleman and Felt will be back from injuries, We get at least three big recruits in Williams, Bjorklund and Wright, and Taylor Braun takes off his redshirt. If Jay Harris comes to NDSU, look out. I don't expect us to do worse than .500 next year. We will be a LOT better team in 2011. Will we make the dance?? Maybe not, but we'll give a better showing.

SDSU fans can bash our 2010 team all they want on this thread, that's fine, cause we sucked this year. But to think that this is what it will always be for NDSU is just, I'm sorry to say, retarded.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                  AW SWEET! It's Wild Rebels.

Me and Filbert know this film.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XL7fqjK_l4
                  Wild Rebels! Crunchy, fruity Rebels!
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                    Wild Rebels! Crunchy, fruity Rebels!
                    Don't break your teeth on something sweet and hard!!

Comment

Originally posted by yotemeal View Post
                      I think what CF meant to say, a message I might endorse, is that the USD men, strength of schedule aside, have put together a respectable season, and based on an eye test and rough analysis of talent, the current USD men’s squad competing against mid-pack Summit League teams is not a laughable notion. Or something like that.
                      Noone - allegiances aside, is going to dispute that the Yotes have put together a nice year. We can debate whether they would be mid-pack Summit or better than the Jacks, like some donkey might argue.

The FACT is - just a couple of years and the rubber hits the road when the student athletes will play it out on the court/field. Until then, it's like arguing about global warming or government run healthcare. Passions get the better of people, but reasonable people must make a living with the daily grind - all this 'rivalry stuff' is gravy.

Wondering how many 'fictional' titles Coyote fan won before SD HS FB playoffs?

Comment

I sure hate using logic because it does fall on deaf ears but that great mid level Summit team NDSU lost to a team that finished 5-7 in a conference that USD won at 11-1.

I hate using the Cornell reasoning but USD played them down to the wire and it's fair to say that Cornell is as good, but probably better than anyone in the Summit this year.

Based on fair reasoning USD probably finishes somewhere around 10-8 in the Summit. I really think that is a more than reasonable prediction.
                        How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

The point is MOOT CF. Until your Yotes become a member of the conference, I tire of the exercise in 'measuring' each other based on comparable scores or common opponents. Remember Wyoming?

Don't use the facts that weigh in your favor to make your argument when you overlook the facts that dispute your argument.

Comment

Like I said, USD is irrelevant until they man up and step into the Summit.

Comment

I hate using the Cornell reasoning but USD played them down to the wire and it's fair to say that Cornell is as good, but probably better than anyone in the Summit this year.
                              Congratulations on your moral victory against Cornell.
                              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

No you didn't and don't pretend differently. You've likely never had a good opinion and that is the way it just is because those that bring the truth usually aren't thought of too highly.

SDSU fans can thank their maker that the SDSU administration wanted nothing to do with scheduling the Yotes.

Hey, it's basketball. I'm sure the Big Coach upstairs has a lot more to worry about.

Comment

Working...
                                X