USD > Sw Min St > SDSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USD > Sw Min St > SDSU

you go enjoy your sw mn st win, coyote fan. all of us rabbit fans are going to enjoy a win over a major conference team and not a thing you can say will change that. by the way, how can sdsu be usd's biggest rival when they dont even play each other in basketball or football? just because there arent rabbits and carrots and bison meat thrown on the court or field doesnt mean it cant be our biggest rival.

merry christmas, coyote fan

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
      Just ask yourself this. If NDSU and USD came into Frost with no conference championships at stake which school would you hope that SDSU beat the most. That's what I thought.
      You asked....NDSU, hands down, it means so much more. Merry Christmas and I hope santa brings you a few new brain cells, Rivalrys are created on the field not the smack board. Head to Head records...I don't see any records in the major sports with, oh s h i t, whats your names???

New Division, New Records.

Comment

As many SDSU fans have said right here, "road games don't count". It wasn't me that said it, I am just reiterating what was said here. I guess by that theory this win doesn't count. If ya stand on a beach and throw enough rocks one will eventually land in the ocean. I guess that rock finally made a splash. We'll see if it takes the Yotes 5 years to get a decent win.

USD > SW Min St > SDSU

In case you were to lazy to look at my link, I'll post it here for you.

Transitive Property of Inequalities

Any of the following properties:

If a < b and b < c , then a < c.
        If a ≤ b and b ≤ c , then a ≤ c.
        If a > b and b > c , then a > c.
        If a ≥ b and b ≥ c , then a ≥ c.

Note: This is a property of equality and inequalities. One must be cautious, however, when attempting to develop arguments using the transitive property in other settings.

Here is an example of an unsound application of the transitive property: "Team A defeated team B, and team B defeated team C. Therefore, team A will defeat team C."

And that, Yote fans, is your math lesson for today.

Comment

Re: USD &gt; Sw Min St &gt; SDSU

I find it interesting that most SDSU fans on this board consider NDSU their biggest rival. But yet they are always there to defend NDSU at every turn when USD is involved in the discussion. Sorry folks but that isn't the way it works. USD is still SDSU's biggest rival and this message board confirms that very fact. Currently playing or not, whats the difference. Just look at a programs smack board and see who is getting smacked the most. That is the where the true rivalry comes out. A true rival is who you smack and who you focus your attention. Not one that you stand up for at every turn. That's just how it is.
          If you look up "Rival" in the dictionary, here is one definition: one of two or more striving to reach or obtain something that only one can possess. That definition says nothing about hating the other team or being smacked. And the simple fact is U. has nothing that they possess that SDSU wants.

Comment

As many SDSU fans have said right here, "road games don't count". It wasn't me that said it, I am just reiterating what was said here. I guess by that theory this win doesn't count.
            I don't know why, but I actually laughed out loud at this part of the thread. Maybe it's because I don't take everything as seriously as others on this board. However, you should have stopped here.

Thanks for the laugh on a morning that started with a flat tire on my pickup.

Comment

I find it interesting that most SDSU fans on this board consider NDSU their biggest rival. But yet they are always there to defend NDSU at every turn when USD is involved in the discussion. Sorry folks but that isn't the way it works. USD is still SDSU's biggest rival and this message board confirms that very fact.
              One more time: You can only be rivals with somebody you play regularly. We don't play USD in anything (other than swimming... which seems to be a big deal down there right now). So by definition, we're not rivals.

Basically what you're referring to is a handful of lengthy threads that YOU and a Yote fan or two have kept going with your irrational rants. That doesn't have anything to do with who a rival is. We play NDSU in almost every sport. They're our rival. Period.
              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Just ask yourself this. If NDSU and USD came into Frost with no conference championships at stake which school would you hope that SDSU beat the most. That's what I thought.
                Without a doubt, NDSU, no questions asked.

Comment

NDSU which has an established DI men's program early in their existents and a women's program that will return to prominence. Udot hasn't proven anything at the DI level and quite honestly any truly knowledgeable fan would acknowledge that.

Why is it hard to understand that simple little fact?
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Oh CF, you can have a respectful rivalry with someone when you aren't playing them, it doesn't have to be about hate all the time, like you apparently think so. NDSU and SDSU made the transition together when USD and UND turned their noses up at us and decided to be the best in D2, good thing that lasted a long time. I respect NDSU when we aren't playing them, they've earned it, USD on the other hand has not.

Comment

It's one thing to use the exhibition excuse for a good program that played a bad game. It's another thing to use that excuse for a poor team when most of the regular games are no different. It's not as if the SW game was an exception to the rule. The Iowa State game was the exception until the program proves otherwise.

I find it interesting that most SDSU fans on this board consider NDSU their biggest rival. But yet they are always there to defend NDSU at every turn when USD is involved in the discussion. Sorry folks but that isn't the way it works. USD is still SDSU's biggest rival and this message board confirms that very fact. Currently playing or not, whats the difference. Just look at a programs smack board and see who is getting smacked the most. That is the where the true rivalry comes out. A true rival is who you smack and who you focus your attention. Not one that you stand up for at every turn. That's just how it is.

Well I figure we would hope to beat um both. Its not that we don't smack NDSU, its called respect around here for each others programs. Not childish pranks and lockerroom jokes.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

It explains much that some Coyote fans' idea of a rivalry is some variant of a kindergarten argument about who's got the bigger crayon.

I prefer the more adult relationship we have with NDSU, thanks.
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

If NDSU and USD came into Frost with no conference championships at stake which school would you hope that SDSU beat the most.
                          One question cam to my mind when reading this:

Why would NDSU be playing USD in Frost Arena?
                          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post

Because they're too smart to travel down to Vermillion?
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post

Did it ever occur to you that maybe just maybe they could come into Frost at a different day. I didn't say they were necessarily coming in at the same time. Obviously I meant if SDSU play each school which school would most SDSU fans want to beat the most. In other words would the cheering and crowd intensity be more if the game was against NDSU or USD. Has NDSU sold out Frost yet? I would think they would have had to by now since it's now D1 which is a much bigger animal than D2 (at least according to many).
                              How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Did it ever occur to you that maybe just maybe they could come into Frost at a different day. I didn't say they were necessarily coming in at the same time. Obviously I meant if SDSU play each school which school would most SDSU fans want to beat the most. In other words would the cheering and crowd intensity be more if the game was against NDSU or USD. Has NDSU sold out Frost yet? I would think they would have had to by now since it's now D1 which is a much bigger animal than D2 (at least according to many).
                                I see you are not in a very festive mood. SF_Rabbit_Fan, I am guessing had a little sarcasm with their post.

Comment

Working...
                                X