Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dakota Marker Game

Originally posted by eqguy View Post
    I am not going to try to go too far into smack as I would like to have a substantive discussion about the game, although with Bison fans like this making their way over it will not likely happen.

Again, you have none. Its not slim its none. Its only slim by your measure which is actually equally slim for the Jacks. Whoever wins the game will have 7 wins and would be eligible. While the Bison do have a better signature win with SIU vs SDSU with WIU you also have a much worse loss Youngstown vs SDSU with McNeese

Ha ha funny funny and not undeserved. But its just smack and attendance has no bearing on the fact that SDSU is the better team this year. Will that bear out on Saturday? Who knows. There is 45 years of history that says no but everything that has gone on this year says yes. That's why they play em.

While I agree that you have the better team this year (passing game only) that's what will make the difference. Just like last year when we had the better team yet you won. Strange things can happen but if Mertens plays like he has all year you guys win and regarding the playoffs while it's not impossible statically it isn't going to happen so to my fellow Bison fans quit dreaming we sealed our fate with the ****ty loss against YSU.

Comment

I always have a lot of fun in Fargo, the games not included. Let's rebound and make the whole trip fun this weekend. See you at B-dubs and Playmakers (blackjack in the bars is just evil)!

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
        I always have a lot of fun in Fargo, the games not included. Let's rebound and make the whole trip fun this weekend. See you at B-dubs and Playmakers (blackjack in the bars is just evil)!
        Playmakers is no more, this is the new facility still at the same location, Head on up to the Forbidden (the asian pub for a SakiBomb!!) they do still have the Blackjack though!!

www.thehubfargo.com

Oh yeah Bison win by 2 yes 2 a freak Safety somewhere in there, and THIS GAME IS THE PLAYOFFS FOR BOTH SU's it would take a miracle for either to make the playoffs!!
        BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

[QUOTE=bisonbacker;93345]While I agree that you have the better team this year (passing game only) [QUOTE]

So.... our running back has over 1200 yards rushing.. 2nd in the Missouri Valley behind Herb.

Comment

[QUOTE=mmiller_34;93383][QUOTE=bisonbacker;93345]While I agree that you have the better team this year (passing game only)

So.... our running back has over 1200 yards rushing.. 2nd in the Missouri Valley behind Herb.
            Only reason Tyler doesn't have more yards is teams can devote thier defense to the run since we don't have passing game. If teams only had to plan on the run for you guys your guy wouldn't have 1200 yards rushing I guarantee it. I've seen your running back he's nowhere near as good as Tyler Rohl.

Comment

Originally posted by bisonbacker View Post
              While I've seen your running back he's nowhere near as good as Tyler Rohl.

Realistically though, who is? He is a Bison so he must be the greatest in the world or else he wouldn't even be on the team.

I would put Minette and a healthy O-Line up against any one in the conference and have a lot of confidence.

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
                Realistically though, who is? He is a Bison so he must be the greatest in the world or else he wouldn't even be on the team.

I would put Minette and a healthy O-Line up against any one in the conference and have a lot of confidence.
                I agree, and i would also like to say that its that combo of the O-Line and RB that make the run game work, as well as having an effective pass attack which helps make it better, equating into a better run game than NDSU's, IMO and the numbers back it up i believe.
                Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Total Rushing Yards, YPC, avg yards per game
                  NDSU-2080, 5.4, 208
                  SDSU-1547, 3.9, 140.6

That is with one less game played and an inconsistent passing game. I don't know how you conclude your running game is better, and the numbers definitely don't back it up.

Comment

It must be Dakota Marker week because some of our Dr. Jeckyll friends from NDSU drink some green potion and turn into Mr. Hyde during this week. Suddenly instead of respected conference mates we're nothing more than pretenders who don't deserve to step on the field with NDSU's storied program.

--Suddenly our running game is no match for theirs.
                    --Suddenly our record for this year doesn't matter (but theirs from the last D2 championship year does.)
                    --Suddenly Tyler Roehl is Earl Campbell and Kyle Minett is Bill Brown.
                    --Suddenly Nick Mertens is... um... well he's still Nick "Throw-A-Pick" Mertens.
                    --And suddenly NDSU is playoff bound if they beat us.

Always a lot of fun during Dakota Marker week. Drink up, Bison fans.

SDSU 38
                    NDSU 24
                    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Rushing Offense- NDSU
                      Passing Offense- SDSU
                      Rushing Defense- SDSU
                      Passing Defense- NDSU
                      Special Teams- Wash
                      HomeField- NDSU

Prediction
                      NDSU 31
                      SDSU 27

Thats about as neutral as I can get.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                        It must be Dakota Marker week because some of our Dr. Jeckyll friends from NDSU drink some green potion and turn into Mr. Hyde during this week. Suddenly instead of respected conference mates we're nothing more than pretenders who don't deserve to step on the field with NDSU's storied program.

--Suddenly our running game is no match for theirs.
                        --Suddenly our record for this year doesn't matter (but theirs from the last D2 championship year does.)
                        --Suddenly Tyler Roehl is Earl Campbell and Kyle Minett is Bill Brown.
                        --Suddenly Nick Mertens is... um... well he's still Nick "Throw-A-Pick" Mertens.
                        --And suddenly NDSU is playoff bound if they beat us.

Always a lot of fun during Dakota Marker week. Drink up, Bison fans.

SDSU 38
                        NDSU 24
                        Damn thats a good one!!!!!!!!!!!

my rep points don't mean much but you still got them anyways!!
                        BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                          --Suddenly Tyler Roehl is Bill Brasky
                          fixed it for ya JimmyJack
                          "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                          -Leo Rosten

Comment

I don't know how you compare the two backs.
                            You can compare stats and say that Tyler's are shorted because NDSU has a poor pass offense. You can also say that Kyle Minnette's are diminshed because SDSU throws 50% of the time.
                            You could go to the fact that NDSU's YPC are 1.5 more than SDSU's, of course the counter arguement would be that the stat includes sacks.
                            You can talk about ypg but you can also say that SDSU has faced much better OOC teams.
                            You can say what would happen if they were switched, but that's really just pie in the sky thinking anyway.
                            In the end they are two different backs, we like our guy they like theirs.

Now, should we get on to my dad can beat up your dad.
                            "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                            -Leo Rosten

Comment

We can also say....
                              NDSU has played one less game
                              Roehl sat out with an injury for a game and a half.
                              Paschall who has 600 yards rushing has cut into Roehl's stats

Comment

Originally posted by eqguy View Post
                                Now, should we get on to my dad can beat up your dad.
                                I have moved on. Which coach of yours would you put into a UFC ring? I would take Rob Sarvis up against any coach in the country.

-Leo Rosten

Comment

Working...
                                X