Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 46

Thread: UNI Playoff Game Week

  1. #31

    Default Re: UNI Playoff Game Week

    Quote Originally Posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
    Marshon played against UNI and USD. Limited snaps. If Isaiah Weston doesn’t play, I’d hope we would save Marshon for a more pass heavy offense than what UNI has. They still want to preserve his RS.
    I'm in agreement. I think the coaching staff needs to be in the roll the dice mode and hope we can get by UNI without Genant or Harris. To truly make a run, we need all hands on deck for JMU. UNI is battered and bruised and didn't get a week off, the USD game last week was a physical one for UNI. It was far more taxing for UNI than I thought it would be.

    I know it's 1-0 every week, but a little strategy here may be needed. Getting beat by UNI this weekend won't hurt anymore than getting hammered by JMU.

    This gets back to the what is the goal debate and playing NDSU in Fargo or Frisco, people will have different opinions.

    I'm all for putting every able body in the game to beat JMU, even if it means risking a loss to UNI.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Arlington SD
    Posts
    12,949

    Default Re: UNI Playoff Game Week

    Quote Originally Posted by SoDakJack View Post
    Pierre Gone's injury sure seemed serious enough that he won't play this season. Part of me thinks he shouldn't play the rest of the year and come back 100% healthy. Especially with the opponents we could have in the next couple rounds.
    Not good is all I can say. PSJ has taken a beating. Get well PJS

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    2,536

    Default Re: UNI Playoff Game Week

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
    FWIW, Wilson was listed on the depth chart that was just released, but PSJ was not.

    UNI is waiting to hear about their WR #1, WR #2, LB #1, and #1 TE that was injured against Iowa State. Not sure on the likelihood of any of those guys playing, but I'd expect at least one or two of them.
    Pierre is out. Wilson is likely going to play. Blakely is out.
    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

  4. #34

    Default Re: UNI Playoff Game Week

    Quote Originally Posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
    Pierre is out. Wilson is likely going to play. Blakely is out.
    Too bad about Pierre and Devon but it really doesnít change much about what is going to win this game. 1 or 0 turnovers and we win, 2 or more and likely lose. Our defense is going to keep us in it if they arenít put in bad spots

  5. #35

    Default Re: UNI Playoff Game Week

    Quote Originally Posted by AZjack View Post
    I'm in agreement. I think the coaching staff needs to be in the roll the dice mode and hope we can get by UNI without Genant or Harris. To truly make a run, we need all hands on deck for JMU. UNI is battered and bruised and didn't get a week off, the USD game last week was a physical one for UNI. It was far more taxing for UNI than I thought it would be.

    I know it's 1-0 every week, but a little strategy here may be needed. Getting beat by UNI this weekend won't hurt anymore than getting hammered by JMU.

    This gets back to the what is the goal debate and playing NDSU in Fargo or Frisco, people will have different opinions.

    I'm all for putting every able body in the game to beat JMU, even if it means risking a loss to UNI.
    Itís playoffs. Survive and advance. I donít agree with saving people assuming we will get past UNI. How would you want to be the kid that sits out when the team loses and your season is over?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    union city, michigan
    Posts
    4,674

    Default Re: UNI Playoff Game Week

    Quote Originally Posted by Hareofthedog View Post
    If Wes Genant is healthy and the best option (player) at the Center position then he should play every game from this point on. Stig should be coaching to win games and not worry about eligibility next year if this TEAM has a chance for the title game. Team doesnít have an I (individual) in it.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,113

    Default Re: UNI Playoff Game Week

    Part of the coaching staff's job is to help student-athletes attain their educational and career goals. Genant, as I understand it, wants to develop more and possibly play professionally. Accommodating players in ways like that adds to the recruiting appeal of playing at SDSU. That reputation shouldn't be jeopardized. Coaches have to balance what's best for players and the team in both the short term and long term, and players deserve input. It's not all about what's best for the coaches' resumes or the wishes of us fans.
    This space for lease.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,894

    Default Re: UNI Playoff Game Week

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacked_Up View Post
    Part of the coaching staff's job is to help student-athletes attain their educational and career goals. Genant, as I understand it, wants to develop more and possibly play professionally. Accommodating players in ways like that adds to the recruiting appeal of playing at SDSU. That reputation shouldn't be jeopardized. Coaches have to balance what's best for players and the team in both the short term and long term, and players deserve input. It's not all about what's best for the coaches' resumes or the wishes of us fans.
    This is correct - there is a lot more that goes into these decisions that even the die-hard fan isn't privy to. This is one of those situations that you trust the coaching staff and any administrators involved are making the best decision for the student-athlete involved. The player and the family's input is a large factor in this decision.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Posts
    2,599

    Default Re: UNI Playoff Game Week

    Awfully quiet around here considering the game tomorrow! Sure hope we can get 10,000 fans to this game, but I am going to guess it is around 6,000.

    PSJ will not play according to Zimmer, but I'm glad we have a home run threat back in CJ. Should make things easier on the run game.
    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Sioux Falls
    Posts
    568

    Default Re: UNI Playoff Game Week

    Shout out to Cappin Hard fo getting 77 tickets on a group plan.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •