Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Dakota Marker Game

Default Re: 2019 Dakota Marker Game

I'm really excited to see what this weekend does for our program down the road. So much excitement already across South Dakota and beyond. It really could lead to lots of new fans and a bigger gameday atmosphere in the future. This is going to be special.

So now North Campus Drive is going to be closed entirely???? How do we get into the tailgate lots that open at 6 if the road is shut down? Tickets?

They just finalized the closure this afternoon. Anyone have any info on this?

Quote Originally Posted by GoJacks2011 View Post
    I'm really excited to see what this weekend does for our program down the road. So much excitement already across South Dakota and beyond. It really could lead to lots of new fans and a bigger gameday atmosphere in the future. This is going to be special.
    Agreed. The buzz this has already created is substantial. Itís everywhere on social and traditional media and Iíve heard lots of people who never pay attention talking about it. The potential is there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
    So now North Campus Drive is going to be closed entirely???? How do we get into the tailgate lots that open at 6 if the road is shut down? Tickets?

They just finalized the closure this afternoon. Anyone have any info on this?
    I believe it will close at 9 AM per usual. Before then it will be open.

Correct. 5 hours before kickoff.

Quote Originally Posted by CappinHard View Post
    I believe it will close at 9 AM per usual. Before then it will be open.

Quote Originally Posted by Southeast View Post
    Agreed. The buzz this has already created is substantial. Itís everywhere on social and traditional media and Iíve heard lots of people who never pay attention talking about it. The potential is there.
    What would be great is when the Jacks win, then win the FCS, then they could start selling gear to the national people that want to be trendy/cool. On the new edge. I realize that is a stretch, but nobody else has a Jackrabbit as a mascot.

Quote Originally Posted by Southeast View Post
    Maybe it will wake people up to what they have going on in Brookings. It's a great value from an entertainment perspective. A winning program with elite players and an awesome venue and the fact that ESPN Game day recognizes it, they will be more inclined to attend future games.

https://www.sdstate.edu/espn-gameday-coming-brookings

According to the updated information page, North Campus Drive will be closed Saturday.

They changed its status late this afternoon. It was going to close at 9 AM.

Today Dan Jackson was on AM 1620 here in Omaha. It was a pretty good listen as he talked about SDSU, Brookings, Gameday and the rivalry. What really caught my attention was when he said they would have close to 170 kids they have been in contact with at the game so they could experience the rivalry and Gameday. As much as the fan interest, that could be a huge win for us also.....as long as we don't lose by 50 like the Huskers did on their Gameday.

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaJack View Post
    Today Dan Jackson was on AM 1620 here in Omaha. It was a pretty good listen as he talked about SDSU, Brookings, Gameday and the rivalry. What really caught my attention was when he said they would have close to 170 kids they have been in contact with at the game so they could experience the rivalry and Gameday. As much as the fan interest, that could be a huge win for us also.....as long as we don't lose by 50 like the Huskers did on their Gameday.
    Has anybody heard is there any Effort to bring in those portable stands and park them at the N endzone? I mean they are going to need space for the recruits ETC!