Page 62 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019-20 Men's Roster

Default Re: 2019-20 Men's Roster

Quote Originally Posted by jackdaniel View Post
    I'm not sure I got it yet, but HS athletes can bet, until they step on campus as a College athlete with a scholarship in hand, then they are bound to NCAA rules prohibiting betting.So, it didn't break any NCAA rules, but he can't do any betting on games once he falls under NCAA rules as a college athlete.Once he's told that,if he doesn't already know, I'm sure there won't be any problems going forward, after all it's a no foul no harm situation, right?
    He didn't bet on who will win the game, he bet that he would drop 40 on USD his freshman year. There are 2 parts to it... 1. The kid is confident, which is good. He already has a healthy disdain for USD, which is great. 2. Will he be dropping 40 on anyone his freshman year? Probably not. Should he be saying things like that on video? Definitely not.

At the end of the day, he's a high school kid that's confident in his abilities and a little more loose lipped than he probably should be. Really not a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by CappinHard View Post
    He didn't bet on who will win the game, he bet that he would drop 40 on USD his freshman year. There are 2 parts to it... 1. The kid is confident, which is good. He already has a healthy disdain for USD, which is great. 2. Will he be dropping 40 on anyone his freshman year? Probably not. Should he be saying things like that on video? Definitely not.

At the end of the day, he's a high school kid that's confident in his abilities and a little more loose lipped than he probably should be. Really not a big deal.
    I agree not really a big deal.

I still think it's not a good look, but he's a high school kid. Learn from it and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    I agree not really a big deal.

I still think it's not a good look, but he's a high school kid. Learn from it and move on.
    Kind of a typical USD smoking gun. What kind of malware did they use? Not hardly the best.

Brandon Key sighting. Also, not sure when the roster was updated, but he's listed on there now too. I know people said it was happening, but now it's official.

https://twitter.com/GoJacksMBB/statu...89975477805057

Neither Buchanan or Wilson are in the picture, but they are listed on the roster. Good to see Freidel and Wingett.

Anyone want to venture a guess as to who will red shirt this year? With the uncertainty on the roster, it feels like we might need everyone tbh.

Here's my first crack at the roster:

PG - Key/King, Mims
    SG - Buchanan, Freidel
    SF - Arians, Scheierman?
    PF - Wilson, Fiegen
    C - Dentlinger, Dillon, Coburn?

Sit out - Wingett? (Maybe... unless Penny signs off saying he was basically cut...?)

It is a weird year. We have a lot of potential, but a lot of unproven players. The only proven players we have are Key and Arians. King, Dentlinger, and Dillon have some experience, but need to show improvements. I have high hopes for King, as I think he'll get plenty of opportunity to be more assertive this year. It seemed like when he got comfortable he really thrived, but he looked uncomfortable for most of the year. I just don't know if Dentlinger or Dillon can earn steady minutes, which is why I'm not sure if we can afford to have Coburn redshirt, assuming he's ready to go. Our best lineup might end up not involving a true Center anyway, like last year. Something like this could end up being the starting 5 imo:

PG Key
    SG King
    SF Buchanan or Freidel
    SF Arians
    PF Wilson

I'm really interested to see what Mims, Fiegen, Freidel, Scheierman, and Coburn look like. I have the most confidence in Freidel, but that's just because I'm the most familiar with him. Others could surprise me, which would be great.

Anyone want to venture a guess as to who will red shirt this year? With the uncertainty on the roster, it feels like we might need everyone tbh.

Here's my first crack at the roster:

PG - Key/King, Mims
    SG - Buchanan, Freidel
    SF - Arians, Scheierman?
    PF - Wilson, Fiegen
    C - Dentlinger, Dillon, Coburn?

Sit out - Wingett? (Maybe... unless Penny signs off saying he was basically cut...?)

It is a weird year. We have a lot of potential, but a lot of unproven players. The only proven players we have are Key and Arians. King, Dentlinger, and Dillon have some experience, but need to show improvements. I have high hopes for King, as I think he'll get plenty of opportunity to be more assertive this year. It seemed like when he got comfortable he really thrived, but he looked uncomfortable for most of the year. I just don't know if Dentlinger or Dillon can earn steady minutes, which is why I'm not sure if we can afford to have Coburn redshirt, assuming he's ready to go. Our best lineup might end up not involving a true Center anyway, like last year. Something like this could end up being the starting 5 imo:

PG Key
    SG King
    SF Buchanan or Freidel
    SF Arians
    PF Wilson

I'm really interested to see what Mims, Fiegen, Freidel, Scheierman, and Coburn look like. I have the most confidence in Freidel, but that's just because I'm the most familiar with him. Others could surprise me, which would be great.
    Just A WAG (Wild Assed Guess) of a depth chart:
    Pg- Key/O King/Mims
    SG - Buchanan/Friedel/O King
    SF Ariens/Friedel/Scheierman
    PF Wilson/Dillon/Fiegen
    C Dentlinger/Dillon/Coburn

Of course if Wingett gets a waiver, that'll change some things, most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by da_coach View Post
    Just A WAG (Wild Assed Guess) of a depth chart:
    Pg- Key/O King/Mims
    SG - Buchanan/Friedel/O King
    SF Ariens/Friedel/Scheierman
    PF Wilson/Dillon/Fiegen
    C Dentlinger/Dillon/Coburn

Of course if Wingett gets a waiver, that'll change some things, most likely.
    You could have just said "Same".

You could have just said "Same".
    True.

I actually had Dillon down as starting 5, at first. But then I figured his positional versatility and put him at primary back up for both post spots.

The Wings are going to be really interesting. Pretty sure Arians has one locked down. Key returning should solidify the point.
    But The Buchanan/Friedel/Scheierman/Wingett quartet... that's a lot of (mostly young) Wing players.
    Buchanan - Jr.
    Arians - So
    Wingett R. Fr
    Fridel Fr
    Scheierman Fr.

O King has the athleticism to play a wing position as well. Going to be interesting.

Brandon Key and David Wingett have been added to the Jacks' official roster for 2019-2020. There's still room for a walk-on or two. And we're still short two assistant coaches.

https://gojacks.com/roster.aspx?path=mbball
    This space for lease.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacked_Up View Post
    Brandon Key and David Wingett have been added to the Jacks' official roster for 2019-2020. There's still room for a walk-on or two. And we're still short two assistant coaches.

https://gojacks.com/roster.aspx?path=mbball

https://hoopdirt.com/juco-dirt-defen...ew-head-coach/

This article alludes to an assistant.