Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019-20 Men's Roster

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
    I'll go out on a limb...he's gonna be REALLY good guys. This changes EVERYTHING this year.

https://youtu.be/zeLQ64YygIk
    This is the best news we could have received at the start of the season. I don't know how much he'll score, and I don't know how the team will round out this season.

But adding a player of his talent to the lineup is HUGE. He can shoot the ball too.

this is great news. Great News.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
      False. If he is traveling with the team he will take less credits and have less access to academic resources then if he is playing. I don't know his major, but it could affect his progress towards degree depending on when the courses for his major our offered.
      Doesn't matter since he's been cleared to play this year, but usually transfers that have to sit out still travel because it benefits the team in practice in shoot-around to have a talented kid running on the Scout Team

Comment

With Scheierman's passing ability and Freidel's shooting ability and Winget's ability to play above the rim, this is a pretty awesome class that should be fun to watch for the next 4/5 years.
        Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Kind of hyper-focused on football right now but this is indeed good news. Looking forward to seeing how the team looks under Coach Hendo and Coach Klink. Certainly will take some time for everything to come together but I am cautiously optimistic that we are going to be better than most people think.

Ok, back to football.

Buck the Fison!

SUPERBUNNY
          MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
            This is a big deal. Being ranked 5th in the preseason poll is going to seem silly by the end of March.
            If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
            - Steven Wright

Comment

This is big news. We are going to fly under the radar from an expectation standpoint. I personally think we will have a really good year.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                With Scheierman's passing ability and Freidel's shooting ability and Winget's ability to play above the rim, this is a pretty awesome class that should be fun to watch for the next 4/5 years.
                Is Wingett likely to play at the 3 spot ? He looks like he could be a match-up nightmare at that position.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                  Is Wingett likely to play at the 3 spot ? He looks like he could be a match-up nightmare at that position.
                  I would guess a combo of 3/4 depending on what we need. People might overreact to this, but he's got a Durant-ish nature to his game, especially when he pulls up for that free throw range jumper with his length and gets to the rim with ease with his hops.

Comment

I will need to back this up at a later date with sources, but when he was at Memphis, teammates and others gushed at his effort. He's unselfish, willing to do the dirty work and is as smooth as they come. Combine talent, unselfishness, and effort and you've got something special.

However, he still needs to execute this and gel with his teammates. Count me as excited!

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                      I will need to back this up at a later date with sources, but when he was at Memphis, teammates and others gushed at his effort. He's unselfish, willing to do the dirty work and is as smooth as they come. Combine talent, unselfishness, and effort and you've got something special.

However, he still needs to execute this and gel with his teammates. Count me as excited!
                      I think he would still be at Memphis but they ran out of schollys
                      "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

I'm excited too. I wondered that about him but I think we have a whole team of guys that are unselfish, talented and high effort type guys. Going to be an exciting year where we can be underdogs again!

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                          I think 3 is probably his Natural position... but he could play the 4. He's big enough, especially in the Summit. (I mean, we had Telly play the 4 for 3 years)

It will depend on how the team evolves... you know if Matt D, and Allou D, are progressing well, and Wilson can hold down the 4, he'll probably be the 3 more.

But he could be the 4 as well.

Comment

I don't get too caught up in which player will be playing which position on the floor. Even the NBA will adjust their lineups during a game to make the opponents react to them. Most mid-majors and smaller don't have the luxury of having many athletic players that are 6'10" or taller.

There will be times we go with a big lineup and times where you will see a fast moving/deep shooting lineup that will have four guards on the floor. Heck, even when I play pickup ball in town I find myself guarding bigs because I'm not nearly as quick as I was 25 years ago and I'm a 6' point guard. With good fundamentals, most guards with any length can guard a 4. The exceptions are trying to guard a Daum who can shoot over you from well beyond the arc.

Comment

I don't get too caught up in which player will be playing which position on the floor. Even the NBA will adjust their lineups during a game to make the opponents react to them. Most mid-majors and smaller don't have the luxury of having many athletic players that are 6'10" or taller.

There will be times we go with a big lineup and times where you will see a fast moving/deep shooting lineup that will have four guards on the floor. Heck, even when I play pickup ball in town I find myself guarding bigs because I'm not nearly as quick as I was 25 years ago and I'm a 6' point guard. With good fundamentals, most guards with any length can guard a 4. The exceptions are trying to guard a Daum who can shoot over you from well beyond the arc.
                              Yessir.

I'm curious as to what/where Owen King will play this year. With the Return of Brandon Key, and the Redshirting of Matt Mims done... we have 2 PG's that pretty much play the #1.

Last year, Owen backed up Tevin mostly... played a little bit of wing, but not much. The few little video segments the MBB account have put out did show Mims running the point, so I wonder if Owen will play primarily wing?
                              -He can do both, and I'm not saying it's bad, or good or anything... just wondering how it's going to look. I guess I'm just ready for the season!

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                                I think 3 is probably his Natural position... but he could play the 4. He's big enough, especially in the Summit. (I mean, we had Telly play the 4 for 3 years)

It will depend on how the team evolves... you know if Matt D, and Allou D, are progressing well, and Wilson can hold down the 4, he'll probably be the 3 more.

But he could be the 4 as well.
                                I think you hit it spot on. Plus I get the impression, Wingett is a slightly taller and more athletic version of Telly. He & Wilson will give this team a lot of versatility in being able to play Big and Small Lineups. Non-Con schedule is tough and could start out rough but by Mid-December, I believe we'll see a very compelling team.

Comment

Working...
                                X