Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: Future Rosters

Default Re: Future Rosters

Just because it's so dead lately (& not sleepy yet), thought I'd take up more space in this thread with a little bit of my drivel. After watching the USA under 16 game vs El Salvador,I remembered someone quoted it was somewhat of a risk recruiting younger players, (in another thread, another sport) although I thoroughly agree in general, after watching how good some of these youngsters are, if you can get the right ones, those that have great potential and it shows, the risk is greatly diminished to a large extent. Obviously, watching the 12 best players in the Country (according to the USA U 16 selection committee anyway) my view is somewhat skewed (ok a lot skewed).

Nice fairly regional player from Colo, Betts and the Kansas native Payton Verhulst are very good multiple P5 offered players to watch, I know Payton Verhulst has been sought after and pursued by Amy Williams and the Corn Huskers for awhile, reading their fan forum. Aside from these top elite athletes (unless a local wanting to stay close to home or just lucky to nab one), establishing contact with , forming a recruiting relationship with young talented players early can sometimes lead to good dividends later. Not too bad a recruiting strategy when it works out, if you can spot the right ones, it's like capturing lightning in a bottle and keeping it until needed.

It's a highly competative business these recruiting wars , and are very important to the success of the program moving forward,obviously. And, there are a lot of these young players around and getting to not be such a rarity, if they are good, coaches know about them, as many have excellent recruiting resources at their disposal. Sometimes a little risk is acceptable to help one succeed,if not overly done, and some players you'd be amiss assuming a player would be too great a risk, especially considering their potential to be a great player. Just some thoughts on the subject, albeit somewhat trivial for some , I find it somewhat interesting , I'm probably in the minority on this
    Last edited by jackdaniel; 06-18-2019 at 02:55 AM.

• 0 replies 0 retweets 37 likes

Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Oh yes,the all important recruiting season , hope we make some good contacts, future recruits hopefully....we have the best coaches as well as people doing the recruiting,we are in good hands!

Looks like we offered Allison Weidner from Nebraska. 5'-10" She has offers from NDSU, UNO, Denver, USD, Duquene, Toledo, Wyoming, Creighton and Nebraska.

https://twitter.com/NebraskaAttack/s...942861824?s=20
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalJack View Post
    Looks like we offered Allison Weidner from Nebraska. 5'-10" She has offers from NDSU, UNO, Denver, USD, Duquene, Toledo, Wyoming, Creighton and Nebraska.

https://twitter.com/NebraskaAttack/s...942861824?s=20
    Very good offer, looks like she could be a pretty good player at the next level,fast and all over the court, takes it to the hoop and can shoot, good ball handling. The next recruit would fill out the roster at (15) for '21, the '22 class will be huge, up to (6) players,as of now, for a completely full 2022 roster.It wouldn't hurt to acquire a '21 player to reduce the size of the '22 class by 1 for a full roster,down to (5).Next season 2020 is full, all 15 spots accounted for.We like to be near full on roster size, to develop the future players and provide bench depth, that's a good thing.
    Last edited by jackdaniel; 08-25-2019 at 01:35 AM.

It looks like we might be short one for 2020. Maddie Mock has decided to go to Western Illinois according to her twitter and the Western Illinois site. Hope it all works out for her.

https://mobile.twitter.com/maddie_mock?lang=en

https://www.prepgirlshoops.com/2019/...s-recruitment/

noted....thanks for the " heads up" on this news Sodakbull, have to keep my chart accurate and up to date as possible. Good luck to her at her new destination, except when they play the Jacks of course.

Offer out to Hilary Behrens, a 5'11 guard from Brandon Valley. First 2023 offer?

https://twitter.com/SDNETworkBBall/s...69615427112960