Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: @TCU GDT

Originally posted by Hareofthedog View Post
    OL played very well at TCU. Taino is a great addition as LG. The key block on The Wallace run was the Center though after watching the play
    I thought Charlie Harmon also showed great improvement at LT from last season.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      Also Patterson did say he was surprised that we kicked to their fastest guy on special teams. Hale the punter, was only left to make a tackle, but no. 9 for TCU make a nice clean block on Hale and after that no one near him.
      Stig's statement to the Argus regarding the punt return: "We weren’t supposed to be kicking to him. We don’t have anybody that can tackle him in the open field.”

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
        Stig's statement to the Argus regarding the punt return: "We weren’t supposed to be kicking to him. We don’t have anybody that can tackle him in the open field.”

There you have it, both thought it was a bone head move. I think Hale learned something from this mistake.

Comment

I know this could be considered somewhat a porous defense on both sides. But, how many division one football games have there been where combined total points were 100 or more and total offense was 1100 yards or more? I haven't been able to find this information but I'm guessing it's happened only a very few times in the past decades.

Comment

Originally posted by 73alum View Post
            I know this could be considered somewhat a porous defense on both sides. But, how many division one football games have there been where combined total points were 100 or more and total offense was 1100 yards or more? I haven't been able to find this information but I'm guessing it's happened only a very few times in the past decades.
            I'm guessing it's way more than you think.
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by 73alum View Post
              The Big Sky is notorious for high scores and pass offense. This past week EWU upset Washington State. Total offense for EWU was 606 yards and for Washington State 515. The score was 45-42 so very close to total points scored in the TCU-SDSU game. EWU has a wide receiver mentioned in other threads on this board named Kupp who like Wienke is unbelievably good. The NDSU Bison get him next Saturday.

Comment

Punt game. Why have three offensive linemen as the protectors for the punter? I bet these three players never make a tackle. They are 300 pounders trying to run downfield and tackle a quick punt returner. How about using linebackers who can run and are use to making tackles. Do other teams waste three punt protectors who basically don't make a tackle.
                Last edited by Hareofthedog; 09-05-2016, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post

Something isn't adding up here. I don't remember any punt looking like it was punted out of bounds on purpose. I'm sure punters can miss one once in awhile, but not the whole game.

The formation is what we have used for the last 3 years and never gave a touchdown up on a punt until Saturday night. I suspect that returner from TCU will be doing the same thing all year and in the NFL down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Reality View Post
                    Something isn't adding up here. I don't remember any punt looking like it was punted out of bounds on purpose. I'm sure punters can miss one once in awhile, but not the whole game.

The formation is what we have used for the last 3 years and never gave a touchdown up on a punt until Saturday night. I suspect that returner from TCU will be doing the same thing all year and in the NFL down the road.
                    Yes it is the same formation but that doesn't mean we shouldn't make some changes when playing teams with excellent returners or in all of our FBS games. There are two parts to the play. Why have people who can only serve 1 of the parts? If you want some bigger bodies why not put some DE's?

Comment

Just a quick drop in by me, to say that I was so impressed with the Jackrabbits Saturday night. And they totally proved me wrong. I honestly didn't think we had a prayer of staying with them for that long. And if the ball bounces differently, in a few instances, could have been the "upset of the week".

Super impressed with the Jackrabbits offense. And I also think, the defense wasn't terrible. There were so many plays where we had guys coming to make the play... kind of in position, but were just slower to get there. This is a compliment to TCU's team speed. Boy, do they have it everywhere. Every Wideout, RB, Flanker, etc... has some serious jets.

Very proud of the effort from the Jackrabbits team on Saturday. Now my hope is, that the team isn't satisfied, and uses this as a confidence builder. Can't be thinking "well, we played TCU tough, so this game shouldn't be hard." Need to be thinking of those few plays that broke the wrong way.

I trust in the coaching staff. Also, since the playcallers always take so much crap when the team struggles... HUGE shoutout to EE for calling a phenomenal game. Kept em guessing, and off balance, and generally out of sorts pretty much all night.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                        What is the status of Nick Mears?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zim tweeted that Mears is out this week vs drake and is the only significant injury. It's a good thing we are deep at safety.
                        Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                          Also, since the playcallers always take so much crap when the team struggles... HUGE shoutout to EE for calling a phenomenal game. Kept em guessing, and off balance, and generally out of sorts pretty much all night.
                          Unless I missed it, they also did not go to the Flash/Wildcat all night. Considering the situation, this was arguably the best offensive game in SDSU history and it came without the formation that they have leaned on so much in the past. Very glad to see that.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                            I trust in the coaching staff. Also, since the playcallers always take so much crap when the team struggles... HUGE shoutout to EE for calling a phenomenal game. Kept em guessing, and off balance, and generally out of sorts pretty much all night.
                            I'm usually quick to point out or dismal play calling. But man it was excellent. We did things I've been critical of not doing and vice versa.

Great job coaching staff. We should play EVERY game that aggressively!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                              I'm usually quick to point out or dismal play calling. But man it was excellent. We did things I've been critical of not doing and vice versa.

Great job coaching staff. We should play EVERY game that aggressively!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
                              And they executed it very well. Minor issues considering how good of a team we were facing.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                              X