@TCU GDT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: @TCU GDT

Just looking at the YouTube Clip, TCU does have running backs who block down field. Patterson even admits they got one lucky play and that was the long pass intended for No.10 that bounced off No 10 into the hands of NO. 2. Also special teams No 9 got a key block on Hale No 49 the punter who had a clean shot at No 25 when he took it to the house.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
      I've got a little bit of the 'shoulda, woulda, coulda' blues this morning but will recover, thinking about how the youth on our team showed up well and our vets looked good.
      I do too. The punt, their FG, that tipped pass TD, TCs fumble..... The difference in the game right there.

Comment

I'm sure the TCU defensive squad will be worked good this week in practice.

Comment

I saw TC at the soccer match today. He looked fine and was walking around in sandals with nothing wrapped around his ankle.
          Rollin' in my 5.0
          With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
          Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
            I saw TC at the soccer match today. He looked fine and was walking around in sandals with nothing wrapped around his ankle.
            Good news.

Comment

What is the status of Nick Mears?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post

I caught some of the Insider show last night, and there was no mention of injuries while I watched, which is not to say that Mears is not injured. I know he left and they did some taping of his leg. GoJacks does not have the insider posted yet.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post

From Zimmer.
                  http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...a738eee91a9003
                  "Bumps and bruises

Christion missed one play in the fourth quarter, with Zach Lujan coming in and throwing an incomplete pass. Christion returned but was limping badly on the next play. He came back and finished the game, however, and Stiegelmeier didn’t seem concerned about his status.

Safety Nick Mears, however, suffered a foot injury that could be significant, while cornerback Jordan Brown was bothered by a back injury."

Link to Jackrabbit Insider
                  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tQ0DYkm_nGQ

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                    From Zimmer.
                    http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...a738eee91a9003
                    "Bumps and bruises

Christion missed one play in the fourth quarter, with Zach Lujan coming in and throwing an incomplete pass. Christion returned but was limping badly on the next play. He came back and finished the game, however, and Stiegelmeier didn’t seem concerned about his status.

Safety Nick Mears, however, suffered a foot injury that could be significant, while cornerback Jordan Brown was bothered by a back injury."

Link to Jackrabbit Insider
                    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tQ0DYkm_nGQ
                    Thanks I found the Insider and was about to post it, but you beat me to it. It was out there but not on GoJacks.

Not surprised about Mears, as they took off his shoe which is not because he picked up a pebble along the way. He limped back to the side line.

Comment

OL played very well at TCU. Taino is a great addition as LG. The key block on The Wallace run was the Center though after watching the play

Comment

Just finished reviewing the Insider and if the O line plays like they did against TCU, we should win many if not most football games. Christian had plenty of time to throw and well protected in the pocket. It was very impressive part of the game.

Comment

The defense rotations looked like mass confusion at times and what players should
                          be in the game. It looked like the LBs had a tough game as well with the speed of TCU. The punt return was a huge mistake in the game. The punter must hit the punt out of bounds, no excuse. The delay of game on 2nd and goal was critical as well. Coach needs to call time out or QB must see the clock and ask for the snap. The results was settling for a field goal and a touchdown was needed then.

Comment

Just getting to watch the replay of the game now. Why was Jordan Brown returning kicks? I know it's a normal practice to use a corner back in the return game because of how fast they are. But with how thin we are at corner back already, it just doesn't seem like a good idea. Hindsight is always 20/20, but it looks like he got hurt on a kick return. Hopefully it's not too serious.

Comment

Originally posted by Hareofthedog View Post
                              The defense rotations looked like mass confusion at times and what players should
                              be in the game. It looked like the LBs had a tough game as well with the speed of TCU. The punt return was a huge mistake in the game. The punter must hit the punt out of bounds, no excuse. The delay of game on 2nd and goal was critical as well. Coach needs to call time out or QB must see the clock and ask for the snap. The results was settling for a field goal and a touchdown was needed then.
                              Seems like we were worried about the cornerback position, but they came through early in the two int. I think this game was a big lesson on D and no doubt we will get better. Also Patterson did say he was surprised that we kicked to their fastest guy on special teams. Hale the punter, was only left to make a tackle, but no. 9 for TCU make a nice clean block on Hale and after that no one near him.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                                Just getting to watch the replay of the game now. Why was Jordan Brown returning kicks? I know it's a normal practice to use a corner back in the return game because of how fast they are. But with how thin we are at corner back already, it just doesn't seem like a good idea. Hindsight is always 20/20, but it looks like he got hurt on a kick return. Hopefully it's not too serious.
                                JeRyan Butler did this for most of the season, so I suspect Jordan has the speed to pick up where JeRyan left off. Not a good deal, as we do need Jordan at CB. No 23 Zy Mosley came flying across the field on one D play, which to me tells me he has quickness but probably still learning the CB. I would expect Mosley or some one else will replace Jordan on special teams.
                                Last edited by Nidaros; 09-05-2016, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X