The Summit League Tournament-SDSU Jackrabbits vs ORU Golden Eagles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Summit League Tournament-SDSU Jackrabbits vs ORU Golden Eagles

The 2 seed against the 7 seed could be a bit more competitive on the men's side. the Golden Eagles players do not have any memory of the 7 seed beating the 2 seed in the March 2009 SLT. Of course the Jackrabbits upset the Golden Eagles in OT in Sioux Falls. The SDSU seniors will not be taking any team lightly during this tournament. Emegano will get his points one way or another as we look to slow him down some and not send him to the free throw line. ORU was picked to finish in the top half this year and slipped to the bottom side. It seems they have the parts and could not get the consistency from any player to mesh with Emegano. I will agree with Nagy that the defense needs to bring it to make this Jackrabbit team successful. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: The Summit League Tournament-SDSU Jackrabbits vs ORU Golden Eagles

I expect ORU to put up a good fight. Any team with a player that has the potential to put up 30+ points can be very dangerous in a high pressure, winner-take-all setting.

Let's turn that place into Frost South today. Both SDSU teams will need the help.

Comment

I just don't want the team to get 3 point shot happy. Get the ball into our 3 headed post monsters (Daum, Theisen, and Devine). And throw it into Telly and Bittle if the match-up is right. Obi is going to need a lot of help if ORU is going to win tonight. He is going to get his points regardless of the outcome of the game, it's about stopping the rest of the team.

Comment

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextr...9a3c9f1c5.html

Comment

For a seven seed, ORU is tough. I hope George and Jake's lingering injuries allow them to go near full speed. Their speed and endurance could be key factors in the game. Go, Jacks!
          This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
            For a seven seed, ORU is tough. I hope George and Jake's lingering injuries allow them to go near full speed. Their speed and endurance could be key factors in the game. Go, Jacks!
            I would agree, Sutton found a empty cupboard this season and relied on a number of freshman. I look for ORU to contend next year. Its going to require a heads up effort by SDSU.

Comment

IPFW showing themselves to be susceptible to back court pressure.

Comment

ORU is 6-7 to start and 4-4 from deep and lead 16-6 at the first media timeout.

Comment

What a joke

Comment

What the **** this team doing?

Comment

Jacks are getting worked in this game. ORU killing on the glass so far. They lead 29-18 at the under 8 timeout.

Comment

Jacks down 38-30 at halftime.

Parks and Marshall: 2 points on 1-8 FG

Comment

One team wants it A LOT more than the other right now.

Comment

This could be a short lived tournament if the team doesn't pull their heads out of their you-know-what. Marshall looks like he just started playing basketball last week and the team looks like they are standing in cement on the defensive end. I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of Nagy's ire at halftime
                            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Devine has more points than Marshall and Parks combined at half. Play like GD seniors who have some heart. Garbage. Absolute crap effort. Just pathetic.
                              Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Working...
                              X