Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Reg Season Finale: 'Necks

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
    I second that, Cappin, with a caveat. First, let me say that I think the Jacks will take this loss, learn from it, and surprise the doubters in the playoffs.

As for next season (and the need to upgrade), I am curious about the DB/LB situation on defense with the loss of Lally, Butler, and Forsythe; however, we still have Bobbit, Hassell, the Brown Bros., and Taylor to help "reload." Also, does anyone else think it might be beneficial to make Mengarelli a Tyrel Kool-type player, as we have Paris, Wallace, Zenner, Wieneke, and Daniel waiting in the wings? That could help maximize the skill players we have on the field on offense.
    I think we will be fine at CB and LB. The two backup corners have great potential and Hassell also does at LB. Plus the LB from Omaha who recently committed sounds like he might have the potential to contribute right away like Lally did. The OL worries me - hopefully the players coming back from injuries can replace the graduating starters.

Comment

Fans can help upgrade the roster. Just donate more money, so the Jacks can hand out bigger scholarships to prime recruits. More money might help the Jacks land home playoff games, too.
      This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
        Fans can help upgrade the roster. Just donate more money, so the Jacks can hand out bigger scholarships to prime recruits. More money might help the Jacks land home playoff games, too.
        Scholarship money would not increase with more donations. 63 scholarships divided up among 85 players. Or are you referring to full cost of attendance?

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
          Scholarship money would not increase with more donations. 63 scholarships divided up among 85 players. Or are you referring to full cost of attendance?
          Yes, I was referring to the cost of attendance bonus. But I don't want to make a big deal of it.
          This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasJack View Post
            I don't understand the usage of the two-QB system right now, though. What did Lujan do to deserve playing the whole game in a matchup that seemed to favor TC's talent set? Bringing TC in for three plays in short yardage situations wasn't exactly deceptive either. It's almost like the Flash Lite in those spots. Try the better runner and stronger armed QB in a game that has 30-40 mph wind gusts. Menagrelli was able to run to the outside. Who's the only other guy on the team that can do it as effectively as Mengarelli? TC.

We have the luxury of having two capable QBs. Did the coaching staff forget that yesterday? This could've been TCs chance to pay back Lujan for bailing him out at Vermillion.
            I am perplexed by the handling of the QBs in WIU game as well. We beat the #2 team in the nation with going with the hot hand, which means you need to figure out who that is for the given game. The last 2 games we basically named a QB and the offense has struggled.

I'm not really a fan of the "2 QB system", but the coaching staff seemed to have it worked out with the 2 series for each QB and then decide from there on, and then we abandoned that.

Inconsistency with the staff's decisions seems to be bringing inconsistency with the play of the offense.
            If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
            - Steven Wright

Comment

I skipped like, alot of this thread.
              That game was a kick in the nuts.

Comment

Please stop saying the loss is on us (coaches) and prepare the team better, adjust during the game and execute.

Run defense has struggled up the middle for weeks. Opponents see this and run, run, run. LBs cannot cover receivers. 3rd down conversions (stops) have been poor lately. Get the safetys closer to the LOS or is it the lack of speed that worries the Defensive call.

Please never run that got awful flash package again. Name another team that relies on this formation to score at the goal line (none). Keep the QB under center and run with a fullback. It was 1st down when Paris fumbled. It was freezing cold, cold football, first snap of the day and running back that fumbles often, a recipe for disaster and many fans yelled......... NO, and that was before the snap.

Why the Hail Mary into the wind when the QB could not throw it to the end zone. Time expired so catching the HM at the two accomplished nothing. I believe all interceptions were thrown into the wind. Know your qb's arm strength when calling pass plays.

No deception when bringing in TC to run on 4th and 4 in the first quarter or in overtime. Defensive coaches have caught on to using TC for just running on a few plays during the game.

Very disappointed in game and froze my a** watching the game but would do it again. Get after it Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                  I skipped like, alot of this thread.
                  That game was a kick in the nuts.
                  I stayed off here on purpose. Read a few of the last pages, won't go any further. There is one item that really needs to be addressed (for me at least). We don't have better athletes than when we were D2? What is that poster smoking?

OK, we lost. It sucks. They won't use it as an excuse, but the travel issues DID have an affect. WIU not wanting to push the game back to 4, or at least 3 had an affect. We came out flat, did not play well, did not look like the same team, physically we looked tired. You would be too.

Had we even played to the level we did against UNI we win by 2 TDs. Now come off the ledge, we go to Montana and have a very good shot to win that game. They are not a physical team. They play Big Sky defense. That would set up a game in Fargo. For once lets go hand it to the Bison. Time for the coaching staff to get their heads up and move on. The season is NOT OVER.

Oh, wasn't this our "rebuilding" year?

Comment

I realize Mengarelli was limping at times in OT but has there been any explanation on his absence in the 3rd qtr? He certainly looked great in the 4th and Paris was ineffective at best in the 3rd qtr. I'm not even counting the fumble. TO's happen, it hurts but so does 3 INT's. Not to say TC wouldn't have had those too.

Comment

That was a terrible, horrible loss and I think it could go down as the worst ever if this team doesn't rebound and beat Montana and then give NDSU all it can handle the next Saturday. To go from top 5 in the nation, a top playoff seed, a bye and a home game to on the road at Montana is damn near devastating. A loss Saturday will impact the current players, future players, recruiting, etc....

As for the loss itself....everything turned on that fumble at the 2. That simple. Turnovers like that just crush a team. Stack that on top of the rest of the **** that happened and you drag you butt out of Macomb with a big fat ugly L. SDSU's coaches are earning every penny of their salaries this week. I expect to see a polished team that moves the ball on offense and gets stops on D. The 3rd down defense was ATROCIOUS at WIU, absolutely horrible. And the Jacks still should have won.

1-0 this week, can I call this a must win???
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                      X