Jacks at USD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jacks at USD

"Two things I can't stand in this world; People who don't respect other peoples cultures and the Dutch." Austin Powers (goldfinger)

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      Pretty sure there was a brian janacek or some form of spelling like it. I know who ranek is. It wasn't him. If I have time later I will check to see who scored those touchdowns.
      For clarification purposes, that was the 2003 game at USD. We hit Brian Janecek, #82, on a slant on the opening drive and he took it to the house (zig-zagging Tecmo super bowl style) and then came right back the next drive and hit Josh Davis deep and he ran away from 2 USD defenders to put us up 14-0 in the blink of an eye. Stepped on their throat early and was game over in the 1st quarter.

We have a much better team that USD. There will be no let-down here. Jacks by 20.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Rabbit View Post
        For clarification purposes, that was the 2003 game at USD. We hit Brian Janecek, #82, on a slant on the opening drive and he took it to the house (zig-zagging Tecmo super bowl style) and then came right back the next drive and hit Josh Davis deep and he ran away from 2 USD defenders to put us up 14-0 in the blink of an eye. Stepped on their throat early and was game over in the 1st quarter.

We have a much better team that USD. There will be no let-down here. Jacks by 20.
        Yeah like 2 passes 2 80 yard tds. Thanks for clarification. The rest of the game was pretty mellow after that. Either that or the alcohol was wearing off.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

FWIW Sagarin has us as a 12.5 point favorite.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf...15/conference/

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
            The Jackrabbits travel to Vermillion to face an improved Coyote team. The kickoff is set for 1:00 p.m. in the DakotaDome. It'll be a loud environment with most of the noise directed at the good guys -- relatively few SDSU fans were able to get tickets. But the Jacks are road warriors and haven't been deterred when in hostile environments (a somewhat weird stat: we've lost two at home and none on the road. I think all other MVFC teams have road losses whether in- or out of conference).

SDSU's Sports Info Dept lists the game as the 108th football game, a series going back to 1889. SDSU has a one-game advantage in the series: 51-50-6. SDSU has won the last six meetings which go back to 2001 (the gap from 2004 to 2011 occurred when SDSU moved up to DI).

SDSU's win over Illinois State put the Jacks at 7-2 for the season, 4-2 in the Valley. The Coyotes won at home Saturday against SIU, 34-31. USD's record is now 5-4 overall, 3-3 in the Valley.

The Massey composite rankings list SDSU at #4 and USD is listed at #29.

As noted by filbert a long time ago, threads about USD tend to break down to smack. If you feel the urge to smack, take it to the smack section.

------------

I think this will be the best USD team SDSU has played since USD moved to DI. They have a lot of defensive players that have several "birthdays" as coach Glenn would say. They probably have more defensive upperclassmen than SDSU does right now. We are playing down there and they are better so I think this should be a closer game than the last few but I still see SDSU winning.

USD is 5-4 but other then the NDSU win, I don't know. The NDSU win is something that SDSU didn't do so you have to respect USD for that game but their schedule hasn't been real tough so far. They have beat UC Davis(1-8), Drake(4-5 non-scholarship), NDSU(7-2!!!), Missouri St(1-8) and So. Ill(3-6). I still look at the NDSU game so this one gives me some cause to worry but SDSU should be the better team.

SDSU on the other hand has had a tougher schedule. They played Southern Utah(who is leading the Big Sky at 7-2). The reason for the difference between home and away records is the schedule. They have played #2(W), #5(L), #18(W), #20(L) and #26-(f they went that far W) at home. It might be a good thing that SDSU has played those teams at home because it might have been interesting to play 5 of the top 26 teams on the road. Would they still be 3-2 against those teams???? They have only played #21(W) on the road so far. Western Illinois is receiving votes but we haven't played them, yet.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
              ------------

I think this will be the best USD team SDSU has played since USD moved to DI. They have a lot of defensive players that have several "birthdays" as coach Glenn would say. They probably have more defensive upperclassmen than SDSU does right now. We are playing down there and they are better so I think this should be a closer game than the last few but I still see SDSU winning.

USD is 5-4 but other then the NDSU win, I don't know. The NDSU win is something that SDSU didn't do so you have to respect USD for that game but their schedule hasn't been real tough so far. They have beat UC Davis(1-8), Drake(4-5 non-scholarship), NDSU(7-2!!!), Missouri St(1-8) and So. Ill(3-6). I still look at the NDSU game so this one gives me some cause to worry but SDSU should be the better team.

SDSU on the other hand has had a tougher schedule. They played Southern Utah(who is leading the Big Sky at 7-2). The reason for the difference between home and away records is the schedule. They have played #2(W), #5(L), #18(W), #20(L) and #26-(f they went that far W) at home. It might be a good thing that SDSU has played those teams at home because it might have been interesting to play 5 of the top 26 teams on the road. Would they still be 3-2 against those teams???? They have only played #21(W) on the road so far. Western Illinois is receiving votes but we haven't played them, yet.
              Being their best team since going D1 isn't saying much. As you mentioned, other than NDSU, they haven't beat anybody. They beat the worst team in the Big Sky, the 2 worse teams in the Valley, and Drake.

Jacks 27-10. ( Stig inexplicably goes for 2 when up 6-3)

Comment

This game is huge! Jacks need to come out and play at a high level from the kick off!
                Last edited by rabidrabbit; 11-11-2015, 09:26 AM.

Comment

I don't think the Jacks have any trouble with this one. USD won't be able to move the ball and Wieneke will have a field day along with TC.

USD is improved and have won 2 more conference games then I expected this season. Kudos to them for beating at least one of the xdsu's this season.

My prediction: SDSU 28 USD 3(coming on their 1st possession, which they will start with the ball)

Comment

A couple weeks ago I feared this may be a trap game. But with the fire and leadership it doesn't happen. The UNI loss stings but they're a top 10 team. They'd rip through any other conference. Heck USD would be top 3 in any other conference. The phases are starting to come together, jeez Wesley almost has me believing in him. I wish he'd have been on special teams coverage units the whole time. Get that O-line to gel a little more, TC is feeling more loose and will fling the ball to the Master(I can't call him the wizard, makes me think of the wizzinator and Ciatrick "SOD" Faison) and the RB platoon works for me. To say we have a QB platoon makes me smh, there is a token starter that may get more plays if he does well at first or if TC loses his lid again. 41-10, Jacks win.

disclaimer: I'm a huge fan of Lujan and his leadership, intelligence and grace. He simply cannot do what the other can. When called upon he does his job, admirably. I'm glad he's a Jack.

Comment

Has anyone heard whether Stig has named a starter or said that we're going to continue with the platoon charade?

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                        Has anyone heard whether Stig has named a starter or said that we're going to continue with the platoon charade?
                        Well at least we all know the platoon thing is a farce. If the defense is good we use TC, if it's soft we use Lujan is what it looks like to me.
                        Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

I would expect things to start out just as they have the last couple of weeks for QBs. I think it will be a tougher game than some posters think...but still believe Jacks will win. And BTW, if you didn't know it...Stig lets his offensive coordinator make that call.

Comment

I expect to see a token start when I go to a high school football game on homecoming but this is getting old. I expect we will see the same on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                              I would expect things to start out just as they have the last couple of weeks for QBs. I think it will be a tougher game than some posters think...but still believe Jacks will win. And BTW, if you didn't know it...Stig lets his offensive coordinator make that call.
                              Why continue doing this? So we can dig ourselves a hole and make a mockery out of Lujan, then put TC in for the rest of the game? I feel bad for Lujan, he's a good kid, I hate to see them jerk around with him like this. Sure, it might not be 'fair' that he isn't SDSU's choice for QB anymore, but it is even less fair to do this to him. I know this has been hashed out already on here, but after TC performs like he did against the #2 team in the nation (after getting put into a hole by an interception), I think it's time to name him the starter.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                                Why continue doing this? So we can dig ourselves a hole and make a mockery out of Lujan, then put TC in for the rest of the game? I feel bad for Lujan, he's a good kid, I hate to see them jerk around with him like this. Sure, it might not be 'fair' that he isn't SDSU's choice for QB anymore, but it is even less fair to do this to him. I know this has been hashed out already on here, but after TC performs like he did against the #2 team in the nation (after getting put into a hole by an interception), I think it's time to name him the starter.

No kidding!

Comment

Working...
                                X