Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016 Recruiting List

Austin Warner ‏@Auswar
    Proud to say I recieved my first offer from South Dakota State! Go Jackrabbits!

Austin Warner, O Tackle or D Tackle, from Illinois
    http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2670534/...s/175701382/v2

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
      Austin Warner ‏@Auswar
      Proud to say I recieved my first offer from South Dakota State! Go Jackrabbits!

Austin Warner, O Tackle or D Tackle, from Illinois
      http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2670534/...s/175701382/v2
      This kid is a mauler! He physically destroys guys and then looks for the next guy to hit. I watched more of his plays as an offensive tackle and he would not just pancake guys, he tossed them around like rag dolls and then would find someone else to hit. I never saw him pick up the players he pancaked, so I'm curious if he has a bit of a mean streak. When he would move on to the secondary defenders, they often ran away from him versus taking on the block or attacking the ball.

He is listed as a tackle, but I'm curious if he will play guard or DT. Has a nice frame at 6'4", and moves his feet really well. I could see him pulling as a guard. It was impressive how fast he got downfield when he was leading on screens or finding secondary defenders to block. I was almost curious if he just looked this good because he was playing against lesser talent, but it appears Oswego is in Class 8A, which, is the largest class for Illinois football.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
        This kid is a mauler! He physically destroys guys and then looks for the next guy to hit. I watched more of his plays as an offensive tackle and he would not just pancake guys, he tossed them around like rag dolls and then would find someone else to hit. I never saw him pick up the players he pancaked, so I'm curious if he has a bit of a mean streak. When he would move on to the secondary defenders, they often ran away from him versus taking on the block or attacking the ball.

He is listed as a tackle, but I'm curious if he will play guard or DT. Has a nice frame at 6'4", and moves his feet really well. I could see him pulling as a guard. It was impressive how fast he got downfield when he was leading on screens or finding secondary defenders to block. I was almost curious if he just looked this good because he was playing against lesser talent, but it appears Oswego is in Class 8A, which, is the largest class for Illinois football.
        From the description,he sounds like Dick Butkus from the old Chicago Bears days.In an all star geme,a play with a very good running back had just ended,the running back on the ground and Butkus having one leg and Ray Nitchke (?) ,another great LB (Colts?) had ahold of the other,when Butkus quipped "make a wish" to Ray.He said he was actually scared,due to Dicks nasty reputation.I'm getting old and my memory was never that great,but I think the running back was Gale Sayers.I read this a long time ago,but it's stuck in my mind,except for minor details like names for instance.Pretty funny quip from Dick.

Comment

In the 3rd highlight, he actually picked the kid up he had just driven into the ground and continued to drive him another 15 yards down the field. He probably would have been better off to go get another defender, but WOW, you gotta love the bit of nasty there.
          One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Second verbal is in from NE. QB Alec Cromer.
            http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2972593/alec-cromer

@Dan_Jackson5: Our first NebraskaJACK of the 2016 class is in the boat and he's a keeper! What a night for our program. Great young man and family! #NE��

@NateClouse: 2016 Beatrice, Neb. QB Alec Cromer tells me he has committed to South Dakota State tonight. Big get for the #Jackrabbits. #nebpreps #SDSU

Comment

It upsets me to post this:

http://journalstar.com/sports/husker...ile_touch=true

You're welcome.

Comment

I certainly hope we can hang on to Coach Jackson for few more years before he becomes a head coach or gets recruited to the Husker staff.
                This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                  Second verbal is in from NE. QB Alec Cromer.
                  http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2972593/alec-cromer

@Dan_Jackson5: Our first NebraskaJACK of the 2016 class is in the boat and he's a keeper! What a night for our program. Great young man and family! #NE��

@NateClouse: 2016 Beatrice, Neb. QB Alec Cromer tells me he has committed to South Dakota State tonight. Big get for the #Jackrabbits. #nebpreps #SDSU
                  Quarterback or maybe tight end with his size? Also looks like he can punt a little bit.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                    Quarterback or maybe tight end with his size? Also looks like he can punt a little bit.
                    That was my thought as well, ala Cam Jones type.

Comment

Looks like Stig is focusing on offense this class. Another high profile WR from AZ.

WR - Julian Carter***, 6'2" 185, Scottsdale, AZ (Saguaro) - HUDL
                      Offers: Boise State, Colorado State, Idaho, Nevada, New Mexico State

I could be wrong, but it sure seems like we have made more offers to 3-star recruits than we have in years past.

Comment

Another skill position guy...

RB - Blair Mulholland**, 5'10" 187, Kimberly, WI - HUDL
                        Offers: NDSU, Illinois State, Air Force, Colgate, Harvard, Yale, UND

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                          Looks like Stig is focusing on offense this class. Another high profile WR from AZ.

WR - Julian Carter***, 6'2" 185, Scottsdale, AZ (Saguaro) - HUDL
                          Offers: Boise State, Colorado State, Idaho, Nevada, New Mexico State

I could be wrong, but it sure seems like we have made more offers to 3-star recruits than we have in years past.
                          I wonder if our success and now new facilities is emboldening the staff to reach to a even higher caliber athlete?

Comment

Article about Cromer last week in The Omaha Herald, he finished 7th out of 70 QB's at the Rivals Midwest QB Challenge event in Cincinnati last month...http://www.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/r...bd77eb9d8.html
                            Last edited by BigGoosie13; 06-03-2015, 05:06 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Mr. Cromer appears to have about the same size and style as Austin Sumner. I'm maybe way behind on this.....but what is Austin doing now? Before he was injured he wanted a chance to play in the NFL. That is now not on the burner I guess. Is he planning to pursue other professional football leagues?

Comment

Originally posted by 73alum View Post
                                Mr. Cromer appears to have about the same size and style as Austin Sumner. I'm maybe way behind on this.....but what is Austin doing now? Before he was injured he wanted a chance to play in the NFL. That is now not on the burner I guess. Is he planning to pursue other professional football leagues?
                                He was working at one of the car dealerships in Brookings. I think I read he was wanting to go Colorado.
                                http://www.brookingsautomall.com/BAM...esAustinSumner

At the Pro Day he was the official QB to throw to the RBs and WRs, albeit in khakis and a polo shirt. He said he was retired.

Comment

Working...
                                X