Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: ndsu GDT

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
    So start a new thread on a new game and ignore the Bye-soons who can't fathom why the imbeciles and morons aren't on continuous bended knee to the Bye-soon Way..... (cue stupid picture here).
    Who cares what they sing on the National Anthem? Free country and those two words and whining about where they go to the toilet clearly qualifies as creative writing in some quarters.
    Not so long ago I sat in an East side section with a bunch of Bye-soons when the jacks manhandled them and they wanted to string up their quarterback and HE was the reason we owned them, not our dominating play (remember that?). I can say with the exception of three morons who were embarassing even the hard-core fans, all of them were good people; by gametime many of them had clearly enjoyed their spirits, though, and a lot of them didn't get the first 250 or so words of the anthem right, either. Kind of sounded like Belushi doing Louie Louie in Animal House.
    Carry on.
    Better keep those thread a zenner apart so the "Bye-soons" don't migrate over there too.

Comment

• Re: ndsu GDT

Originally posted by filbert View Post
      It seems that the playing of the Star Spangled Banner at sporting events, like tossing back home run balls onto the field, is something that we can hold Cubs fans and a visiting Boston Red Sox player in Chicago for the 1918 World Series responsible for . . .

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/6...-espn-magazine

Its origin is as a moment of solidarity for athletes and fans of both teams.

That people have twisted it into something else is simply another example of "This is why we can't have nice things."
      I did not know about the above, but do know that in 1918 was when my father was on his way to France, a dough boy and a immigrant drafted, who could not speak English but quickly learned once out of the Norsk ghetto of Sinai SD. During this period there was a patriotic frenzy going on. People who spoke a foreign languages were often suspect of being pro-Kaiser. Often when found doing so were arrested and convicted under the Sedation Act. There was the good and the bad from this period. Thanks for the information. I myself think the National Anthem is appropriate for opening of civic events but not athletic events. I will continue to stand, remove my hat and hold hand over heart when it is played and if the BYSOONS continue to throw in their two cents, be my guest. Jensen is the greatest btw and up there with Muhmand Ali.

Comment

Working...
      X