Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: ndsu GDT

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
    So much for discussing the game, I guess. Sheesh. Not that there's much to discuss to those of us who are SDSU fans. Tired of the national anthem talk. Nobody's mind will be changed. Tired of the Jensen talk. Start a thread for him or something, if the chat needs to continue. Heck, I even tried to be extra inflammatory in my game assessment just to get the comments back on track. No dice.

There were two bad seed Bison fans under the main grandstand at the end of the game just trying to get SDSU fans wound up. That's why people think they're arrogant. And I told them that. One of the two was bombed. A third guy, though, tried to make it right. He really did. He could see what was happening. Hats of to that kid. But it takes five or 10 of those guys to offset every jerk-a** you run into from NDSU. And the ratio just doesn't work out. Anyhow, enough about that from a guy who was griping about people not posting about the game.
    I'm just going to chime in here on the National Anthem subject:

I currently serve in the Air Force, I don't always partake in yelling Bison and I have no qualms with anyone who does or does not. I defend your right to free speech, and if you are able to add any words to the anthem, that means I am doing my job correctly. I honored that there are those who have come before me and sadly are not happy with people utilizing their free speech, but remember, you may not like what they are saying, but I know for a fact you would die so that they could continue to have that right. I want ANY fanbase to be able to state home of the (insert mascot here)! Even the UN_ people.

About the a-hole fans. I'm sorry I didn't see this going on, I'd tell those asshats to stfu right away. We don't need this rivalry becoming like we have with UN_. I met some great Rabbit fans around me and had a great time bs'ing and ribbing each other the entire game. That's the exact rivalry I want. Not hate.
    2011, '12, '13, '14, '15, '17 '18 & '19 FCS National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
      So much for discussing the game, I guess. Sheesh. Not that there's much to discuss to those of us who are SDSU fans. Tired of the national anthem talk. Nobody's mind will be changed. Tired of the Jensen talk. Start a thread for him or something, if the chat needs to continue. Heck, I even tried to be extra inflammatory in my game assessment just to get the comments back on track. No dice.

There were two bad seed Bison fans under the main grandstand at the end of the game just trying to get SDSU fans wound up. That's why people think they're arrogant. And I told them that. One of the two was bombed. A third guy, though, tried to make it right. He really did. He could see what was happening. Hats of to that kid. But it takes five or 10 of those guys to offset every jerk-a** you run into from NDSU. And the ratio just doesn't work out. Anyhow, enough about that from a guy who was griping about people not posting about the game.
      Well lets talk aboiut zz and his 4 yards. This is still a hard fact to swallow. What could we have done differently? Are their jerks in Fargo? Brookings and SF? I think so and equally so. I have appreciated the comments from the Bison fans that have come on here.

Comment

We definitely have a-holes on both sides. Every school does. Both schools also have a wealth of good people. It was evident out at tailgating.

Comment

Please Mods, lock this one up and put u all out of its misery!
          Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

The more I read, the more upset I get about ZZ being held to 4 hold yards. BisonVille has had a thread called minus 43, and it deals with their good D efforts on zz. Some of the posts are funny, like the clip of Rodney Dangerfield saying the answer is FOUR from the movie Back To School. Another wanted to know how long is a Zenner, and the answer was four yards. That's the funny side, but come Saturday, I expect to see more than four yards of rushing on the score board.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              The more I read, the more upset I get about ZZ being held to 4 hold yards. BisonVille has had a thread called minus 43, and it deals with their good D efforts on zz. Some of the posts are funny, like the clip of Rodney Dangerfield saying the answer is FOUR from the movie Back To School. Another wanted to know how long is a Zenner, and the answer was four yards. That's the funny side, but come Saturday, I expect to see more than four yards of rushing on the score board.
              Nidaros - you are 100% correct. But Ouch. The loss still hurts.

I have a question for all of you. How much of the 4 yards was on Zach Zenner and how much of it was on the O-line? Both looked extremely impressive against Nebraska. You have an All American on the line. You have much, much experience and talent on the line. You are playing Seniors. What happened? Is NDSU talent that much better than Nebraska's? Did the O-line simply get outplayed? Or does NDSU just know SDSU too well? I think this one falls 50/50. Half on the coaches and half on the players - O line, Zenner, and Sumner.

Take your hat off to the Bison, but here is a Jacks fan hoping this gets corrected when we see the Bison again in the playoffs. I'm sure hoping the Seniors get one last chance to beat them.

Comment

What happens on Bisonville should stay on Bisonville.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                  I believe all military guys would not disrespect the National Anthem. Chew on that for a spell.
                  FWIW, I've spent ~240 out of the last 365 days out of the country on combat deployments and I don't have one iota of a problem with them doing it. Maybe it's a generational thing, but I think it's just fans being jubilant about their team.

I remember playing NDSU and their players played very hard but were never cheap and were never lippy at all. Their fans were crazy, but that's because we were right in front of the student section and they were just raucous because they're good fans. A few bad apples spoil the whole bunch, that's for sure. It's the same way with anything and anytime the top dogs start running their mouth it comes across as arrogant but also mean.

If there's a few people on Bisonville that want to act like clowns, who cares. That's the beauty/curse of the internet: It gives any mouth breathing dunce a voice and it seems like those are the types that choose to exercise that voice most boisterously. Reference any youtube videos comment section for proof.

Comment

Originally posted by Danger41 View Post
                    FWIW, I've spent ~240 out of the last 365 days out of the country on combat deployments and I don't have one iota of a problem with them doing it. Maybe it's a generational thing, but I think it's just fans being jubilant about their team.

I remember playing NDSU and their players played very hard but were never cheap and were never lippy at all. Their fans were crazy, but that's because we were right in front of the student section and they were just raucous because they're good fans. A few bad apples spoil the whole bunch, that's for sure. It's the same way with anything and anytime the top dogs start running their mouth it comes across as arrogant but also mean.

If there's a few people on Bisonville that want to act like clowns, who cares. That's the beauty/curse of the internet: It gives any mouth breathing dunce a voice and it seems like those are the types that choose to exercise that voice most boisterously. Reference any youtube videos comment section for proof.
                    Come on man. I'm only 30. I'm not that old! I'm pretty sure we're the same generation!
                    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                      What happens on Bisonville should stay on Bisonville.
                      I should know better but the humor in that particular thread was overwhelming. Especially the Rodney Dangerfield clip. Our defense did play a good 3 quarters and I am proud of them, but every running play by ZZ was stuffed before it could even get moving. This was very hard to take especially when the Dakotah Bank people who ordinarily sit to my left gave their tickets to two NDSU students from Brookings. Talk about two loud mouths, who allowed their beverages do their thinking. They were very annoying to say the least. Every run play, I heard NOTHING!! NOTHING!!. There I got it off my chest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZfpwfQ58Ds

Comment

Originally posted by Danger41 View Post

This is one of the benefits from the NDSU-UND rivalries from the days of D2. UND was famous for saying the Home of the Sioux and I think the Bison fans probably copied it. I don't really think too much of it. I have often questioned why the National Anthem is even played at sporting events. But I am sure someone will remind me that we do it as an honor to our service people and also to remind us that we are in a free society. It just seems to me that a coin toss followed by play action is the right sequence and the fans can start their rah rah's. Even Far cross the plains of Brookings would be a better substitute for the National Anthem.

Comment

I have often questioned why the National Anthem is even played at sporting events.
                          It seems that the playing of the Star Spangled Banner at sporting events, like tossing back home run balls onto the field, is something that we can hold Cubs fans and a visiting Boston Red Sox player in Chicago for the 1918 World Series responsible for . . .

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/6...-espn-magazine

Upon hearing the opening notes of Key's song from the military band, (Red Sox third baseman Fred) Thomas immediately faced the flag and snapped to attention with a military salute. The other players on the field followed suit, in "civilian" fashion, meaning they stood and put their right hands over their hearts. The (Chicago Cubs) crowd, already standing, showed its first real signs of life all day, joining in a spontaneous sing-along, haltingly at first, then finishing with flair. The scene made such an impression that The New York Times opened its recap of the game not with a description of the action on the field but with an account of the impromptu singing: "First the song was taken up by a few, then others joined, and when the final notes came, a great volume of melody rolled across the field. It was at the very end that the onlookers exploded into thunderous applause and rent the air with a cheer that marked the highest point of the day's enthusiasm."
                          Its origin is as a moment of solidarity for athletes and fans of both teams.

That people have twisted it into something else is simply another example of "This is why we can't have nice things."
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Oline has to be better, Sumner has to be better, receivers have to catch well thrown balls, defense had its first really good showing until they wore out (bunch of new looks helped). Special teams are a disaster and I have no idea how to make it better, currently unacceptable with the exception of place kicking.

Jacks had chances to beat NDSU, NDSU was not sharp on offense in the first half. That had to be about their worst offensive half in 2 years. Problem, Jacks were worse. This team has potential and needs to realize it. I think it starts with the QB. Sumner needs to step up and lead this team in the huddle and on the field. I think he can do it. Saturday is a huge day for Jackrabbit football.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                              Oline has to be better, Sumner has to be better, receivers have to catch well thrown balls, defense had its first really good showing until they wore out (bunch of new looks helped). Special teams are a disaster and I have no idea how to make it better, currently unacceptable with the exception of place kicking.

Jacks had chances to beat NDSU, NDSU was not sharp on offense in the first half. That had to be about their worst offensive half in 2 years. Problem, Jacks were worse. This team has potential and needs to realize it. I think it starts with the QB. Sumner needs to step up and lead this team in the huddle and on the field. I think he can do it. Saturday is a huge day for Jackrabbit football.
                              Sumner needs to throw the ball away like he did as a Freshman, that would be helpful too IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                                Can we hurry up and play someone other than the Bison,so we don't have to discuss how great their QB is for a week after the games been played...I don't feel the need to feed their "insatiable" appetite for praise.
                                Getting real tired of all the cartoons showing up as well.
                                So start a new thread on a new game and ignore the Bye-soons who can't fathom why the imbeciles and morons aren't on continuous bended knee to the Bye-soon Way..... (cue stupid picture here).
                                Who cares what they sing on the National Anthem? Free country and those two words and whining about where they go to the toilet clearly qualifies as creative writing in some quarters.
                                Not so long ago I sat in an East side section with a bunch of Bye-soons when the jacks manhandled them and they wanted to string up their quarterback and HE was the reason we owned them, not our dominating play (remember that?). I can say with the exception of three morons who were embarassing even the hard-core fans, all of them were good people; by gametime many of them had clearly enjoyed their spirits, though, and a lot of them didn't get the first 250 or so words of the anthem right, either. Kind of sounded like Belushi doing Louie Louie in Animal House.
                                Carry on.

Comment

Working...
                                X