Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ndsu

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
    Wish I could share more optimism than some of y'all, but I simply can't. Our defense, usually a strength, is a MAAAAAAAAJOR concern to me this season. Don't know what happened, but it's not going well. And while our kickers are good, our special teams units are, as we have spent no shortage of time discussing on this forum, pretty awful more times than not. Coverage and return squads have not been even adequate. While the offense has been solid all season, I remain quite worried that we don't have wide receivers who can get downfield or pose any serious breakaway threat. We'll get our points, but probably not enough. And, at the risk of really agitating everybody, how badly we were outcoached in the playoff game last year scares me to death. Unless our D somehow rejuvenates itself in a week's time, I can see it getting ugly...something like 41-24 with the good guys in blue on the short end of the stick.
    I think the score will be 30-17 or so. That's of course because I have the optimism that the defense plays better. If not, yeah I can see it being a 21+ pt loss.

Comment

I was going to say 41-20, but I gave us four extra points. That was my form of optimism. It's all I can muster on a Monday night, I guess.
      Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

The next two games we pretty much need to play perfect ball or we'll be 3-3 in a heartbeat. Heck, there is a real chance we drop both games even if we do play perfect. I don't recall what the schedule looks like after UNI.
        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
          The next two games we pretty much need to play perfect ball or we'll be 3-3 in a heartbeat. Heck, there is a real chance we drop both games even if we do play perfect. I don't recall what the schedule looks like after UNI.
          SDSU plays SIU after NDSU. Don't play UNI until Oct 26.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
            SDSU plays SIU after NDSU. Don't play UNI until Oct 26.
            Oh. I should probably you know, LOOK at the schedule then huh? I had it in my head that Hobo Day was UNI.

SIU will be no pushover this year either though.
            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Way too much pessimism on this board, the Jacks are going to WIN. SDSU will out TAILGATE, out COACH, out WORK!, out PLAY and DEFEAT the bison.
              We...ARE...STATE!
              SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks View Post
                Way too much pessimism on this board, the Jacks are going to WIN. SDSU will out TAILGATE, out COACH, out WORK!, out PLAY and DEFEAT the bison.
                See HERE (post 79) for my more optimistic approach to this week.

Comment

I knew you even didn't believe your post when you started with saying you would out TAIILGATE us. bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Comment

NDSU hasn't lost on the road in almost three years. That said, it's a rivalry game. Anything can happen.
                    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Way too much sarcasm on this board!

Comment

Way too much egotism on this board....

Comment

Clean up a spot at SDSU to display the Dakota Marker trophy for the next couple of years. The Jacks will win on Saturday and end the sappy Bison love fest. The Jacks' O-line can handle Bison D-line. The Jacks' defense will have to step it up and keep their QB in check, but the Bison defense will have its hands full, too.
                          This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                            NDSU hasn't lost on the road in almost three years. That said, it's a rivalry game. Anything can happen.
                            So you are saying they are due for a road loss... I agree.
                            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

We've already lost if we think we can't win.

Comment

I think we can win.

I think we've got to play better (at least defensively) than we have seen yet this season to win. (Butler doesn't count).

I think most people here think the same thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X