Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nebraska 2013

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
    this is why I didn't even attempt to buy them from SDSU. Not their fault as they sell what they're given. Ended up 10-20 rows out between the 40yd lines for the same price.
    Can you PM me your source?

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
      Can you PM me your source?
      A friend I went to State with has a coworker who has season tickets. We got theirs and a bunch of their friends who sit around them. Takes a little luck too.
      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Wear blue, sing the fight songs, and don't be an ass. You'll be hard pressed to pay for a beer all weekend. We got tickets from Californians for Nebraska last time. Great seats, but I vowed to sit with Jackrabbits if they played again when I heard the "let's go rabbits" cheer throughout the stadium. I like the Huskers and love the Jackrabbits...can't wait for the game.
        One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

So for those of you with game day experience in Lincoln, is it better to stub hub it beforehand or look around for scalpers?

I'm just not sure of the nebraska fan's appetite for this game when you have teams like OSU, Michigan, etc coming to town almost every year.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
            I think section 19 row 80 something. Ugh. my brother is joining us for the game. Good news is he went to sdsu. Bad news he graduated from nebraska. So he thinks he is wearing nebraska stuff for the game. I told him since he is sitting with sdsu and we got the tickets we will get him a nice sdsu shirt to wear for the game.
            I'll wave at you as im walking up to row 95. I hope there is more than 95 rows.

Comment

I don't think so. It ends in the 90s somewhere what I remeber. Bring the binoculars. Did nebraska get any new jumbo video boards yet? Wasn't that part of their stadium upgrades? Probably get some good stadium pictures overall from up there.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                I'll wave at you as im walking up to row 95. I hope there is more than 95 rows.
                I believe I sat in row 92 last time. Is it high, yes. Do you need binoculars, no. The view is actually pretty solid from up there.
                "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

There are 98 rows in that section.

We were in the mid 90s last time and the view isn't too bad, except you can't tell if their is a penalty and the sound is not very good up there.

My issue is that we had to stand the ENTIRE game. I felt really bad for an older couple by us. I'm just not interested in doing that this time.

Comment

So for those of you with game day experience in Lincoln, is it better to stub hub it beforehand or look around for scalpers?

I'm just not sure of the nebraska fan's appetite for this game when you have teams like OSU, Michigan, etc coming to town almost every year.
                    I got row 76 and 77 in Sec 19 this year. I didn't mind the view at all and really enjoyed sitting with the other Jackrabbit fans. Stadium was packed last time but I think plenty of tickets were available outside the stadium.

September 25 6:00 p.m. South Dakota State* #6 Memorial Stadium • Lincoln, NE FSN PPV W 17–3 attendance 85,573
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I'd scalp and spend what you saved on stub hub fees on refreshments. There should be plenty of tickets available, especially with the latest stadium expansion.
                      @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                      --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Okay...gotta handle this delicately

Some of you may recall the story about little Jack Hoffman, the young man fighting cancer who captured the hearts of the Nebraska team and fans: he ran a 69-yd TD in the 'Huskers spring game. The Team Jack Foundation has designated the SDSU v. Nebraska game as "Awareness Game" and all Nebraska fans are encouraged to wear gold to the game.

http://www.teamjackfoundation.org/events/2013/09/21/
                        See, also, the ad in the Lincoln Star Journal, Aug 4, 2013, page A9.

YouTube clip of Jack running the TD at the 2013 Spring Game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Jmisv1Spck

This is something the Jackrabbit fans can support. Great cause. Great color. Instead of blue, wear your yellow. Maybe a "Jackrabbits for Jack" yellow hoodie or Tshirt?

Last time in Lincoln, the 'Husker radio guys said it was the first time they could recall hearing the opposing crowd in Nebraska's stadium. This year, they'll say this was the first time they could not only hear the visitors, but see them, too!

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post

This is something the Jackrabbit fans can support. Great cause. Great color. Instead of blue, wear your yellow. Maybe a "Jackrabbits for Jack" yellow hoodie or Tshirt?

Last time in Lincoln, the 'Husker radio guys said it was the first time they could recall hearing the opposing crowd in Nebraska's stadium. This year, they'll say this was the first time they could not only hear the visitors, but see them, too!
                          I love the idea of wearing a Jackrabbits for Jack shirt or sweat shirt! I'd buy'em for the whole family and wear them on game day and on a regular basis in central Nebraska. My son and his cousin would both wear them in the student section and they will both be freshmen at UNL this fall. This could really generate a lot of positive vibes and even press if done with class. I know I would have a number of Husker friends that would even consider owning one if done up right. Do we have any entrepreneurial t-shirt engineers on board? The key to success is the right shade of Jackrabbit yellow in the shirt.

Great idea JJD!

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                            I love the idea of wearing a Jackrabbits for Jack shirt or sweat shirt! I'd buy'em for the whole family and wear them on game day and on a regular basis in central Nebraska. My son and his cousin would both wear them in the student section and they will both be freshmen at UNL this fall. This could really generate a lot of positive vibes and even press if done with class. I know I would have a number of Husker friends that would even consider owning one if done up right. Do we have any entrepreneurial t-shirt engineers on board? The key to success is the right shade of Jackrabbit yellow in the shirt.

Great idea JJD!
                            I work with someone very close to Jack. I will pass along this thought as my co-worker also graduated from SDSU for undergrad.
                            "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                            "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                              Okay...gotta handle this delicately

Some of you may recall the story about little Jack Hoffman, the young man fighting cancer who captured the hearts of the Nebraska team and fans: he ran a 69-yd TD in the 'Huskers spring game. The Team Jack Foundation has designated the SDSU v. Nebraska game as "Awareness Game" and all Nebraska fans are encouraged to wear gold to the game.

http://www.teamjackfoundation.org/events/2013/09/21/
                              See, also, the ad in the Lincoln Star Journal, Aug 4, 2013, page A9.

YouTube clip of Jack running the TD at the 2013 Spring Game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Jmisv1Spck

To add to the story, Jack's parents are both SDSU Alumni. Andrew is a Poli Sci grad from 2000 and Brianna is a 2004 PharmD grad.

Go State!

Comment

I didn't know the SDSU lineage of Jack. A lot of Jackrabbits should wear Jackrabbits for Jack gear!

Comment

Working...
                                X