Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Mid-TN State GDT

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    When you see the performance that apparently went on in Tenn on Sunday, I see no reason to sit back and be silent about it. I still contend the game prep was not what it should have been. I guess it does reflect on AJ, after all some on here think he can walk on water. I dont think he can, but he is entitled to make mistakes too, and I am willing to bet he is rethinking many things about Sunday. It thats tailspin then I guess I am guilty as charged.
    Come on...obviously nobody walks on water... but when you have a record as good as AJ has in recruiting and coaching, let's not start suggesting that he (and his assistants) didn't have the team prepared, or some such nonsense. I was at Purdue and we started out just as bad due to poor shooting, not turnovers. AJ didn't take a shot at the basket in that game, and he didn't bring the ball up the court against MTSU's press. Consistent performance by this year's team may be a problem and that worries me, but I'm hoping they (the players!) can turn that around.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
      Come on...obviously nobody walks on water... but when you have a record as good as AJ has in recruiting and coaching, let's not start suggesting that he (and his assistants) didn't have the team prepared, or some such nonsense. I was at Purdue and we started out just as bad due to poor shooting, not turnovers. AJ didn't take a shot at the basket in that game, and he didn't bring the ball up the court against MTSU's press. Consistent performance by this year's team may be a problem and that worries me, but I'm hoping they (the players!) can turn that around.
      AJ has had a great tenure here at SDSU. The level of success that he has brought to the team and the amount of recognition he has brought to SDSU is, if not unmatched, then pretty high on the list. But with that success also came the bar-raising that I think we all knew couldn't be replicated each and every year.

Did AJ slack off in getting the girls ready? I highly doubt it. Did his coaching staff? Also unlikely. But there is a bit of a drop off from what we have come to expect and I think there is a logical step of looking to the coaching staff. When, in reality, it could be a combo of young team/injured PG/developing chemisty issue.
      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

SDSU graduates about three seniors each yr.
        This year we can still be a pretty good team.Sunnarborg has really developed tremendously so far,Jill provides scoring also.
        We need the sophmore class to step up in my opinion this year, or next yr ,we will see a drop off .Waytashek can help alot too.
        But, my point being is,each yr, players should show improvement over the previous year.
        This years team is laying the foundation for next years team minus our seniors.They have to play better together.One might expect 38 turnovers if you had 12 players who have never played with each other before, but by now, they should be passing and running a lot smoother than they are right now.
        They are young,and I'm hoping ,as the year unfolds, we will see much better play.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
          I think we can agree to disagree on this one. Maybe I have based my conclusion on a very biased video from the MTSU website, but to have their pockets picked so many times and points scored by the opponent, really makes me wonder. This is not the first time we have played this team. There may have been game videos exchanged but did they have any hint about what was coming? I do agree maybe hopes are high this year, but if we run into pressure defense and cant handle then its going to be a long season. I hoping our young ladies will recoup and have a great win in Manhattan, a place I will never set foot in again. The fans all stand during the game and sit down when a timeout is called. Kind of a crazy place

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
            I guess my point would be that until they lose a game like this in the regular season...I'm not worried.

uhhhh this is the regular season isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
              I think the NCC still lingers in some minds, the season does not begin until conference play starts.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                Touche' Jeff, I meant conference play.
                With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Working...
                X