Mid-TN State GDT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Mid-TN State GDT

After watching the clip on the MTSU website, I think we need to spend a great deal of time learning how to break a press. I am surprised we were so unprepared.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      After watching the clip on the MTSU website, I think we need to spend a great deal of time learning how to break a press. I am surprised we were so unprepared.

Man, you sure know basketball, I think I may have to twitter that to AJ and see if he agrees. Did I mention FANTASTIC OBSERVATION?

rep pts coming!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitNation View Post
        Man, you sure know basketball, I think I may have to twitter that to AJ and see if he agrees. Did I mention FANTASTIC OBSERVATION?

rep pts coming!!!!!!!!!
        Well I can recognize non-prepareness when I see it and thats what the clip showed me. Did you see something otherwise?

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
          cant even get the ball down court to try and even score. already in a pissed off mood, this is not gonna help. 12 -0 MTSU and we are sucking
          I guess someone else was paying attention.

Comment

• Re: Middle Tenn St GDT

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
            Tyler is speechless about the SDSU WBB play. Jacks are down 13-0. Jacks have only shot twice in game.

Now 19-0 12 min left in half.
            here is another comment supporting my point.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
              Kansas State is probably looking at this game licking thier chops....wow ,were going to see pressure the rest of the year, better learn to deal with it.
              And another.

Comment

In watching the MTSU website clip and listening to the game, SDSU got murdered on the backdoor cut. Hopefully this element of play improves, otherwise it could very well be a tough season, defending one of the basic elements of offense.

Comment

In defense of Nidaros, during that stretch in the first half when the Jacks could not get the ball down court I tweeted Tyler Merriam and asked him if it looked as bad as it sounded. His reply "Worse."

Comment

• It wasn't the press

It really wasn't the press itself that gave your guards a hard time. It was going 1-on-1 against a quicker guard. Most of those 16 TOs from your two guards were in the open court against only one defender.

The guards did a "good" job of staying away from the corners where they could be trapped between the sideline/halfcourtline and two defenders. What the guards couldn't do was dribble anywhere near Jones or Stewart.

Comment

• Re: It wasn't the press

Originally posted by Stephen Shirley View Post
                      It really wasn't the press itself that gave your guards a hard time. It was going 1-on-1 against a quicker guard. Most of those 16 TOs from your two guards were in the open court against only one defender.

The guards did a "good" job of staying away from the corners where they could be trapped between the sideline/halfcourtline and two defenders. What the guards couldn't do was dribble anywhere near Jones or Stewart.
                      Thanks, this is not the first time we played MTSU, we should have been better prepared, I am not sure how, but that what we hired our coach for. I am sure there is no one more disappointed about the SDSU performance than A. Johnston.

Comment

It's one game...I said it last year and I'll say it this year. All these ladies have to do is make it to the League Tournament. Which they will.
                        Amazing what throws this board in to a tailspin. AJ will have them ready. Pretty sure this is a young team, most of these players are just stepping into starting roles. Relax.
                        With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                          Amazing what throws this board in to a tailspin.
                          When you see the performance that apparently went on in Tenn on Sunday, I see no reason to sit back and be silent about it. I still contend the game prep was not what it should have been. I guess it does reflect on AJ, after all some on here think he can walk on water. I dont think he can, but he is entitled to make mistakes too, and I am willing to bet he is rethinking many things about Sunday. If that's tailspin then I guess I am guilty as charged.
                          Last edited by Nidaros; 12-01-2010, 05:44 AM.

Comment

MTSU was way more athletic this year than last IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                              When you see the performance that apparently went on in Tenn on Sunday, I see no reason to sit back and be silent about it. I still contend the game prep was not what it should have been. I guess it does reflect on AJ, after all some on here think he can walk on water. I dont think he can, but he is entitled to make mistakes too, and I am willing to bet he is rethinking many things about Sunday. It thats tailspin then I guess I am guilty as charged.
                              I guess my point would be that until they lose a game like this in the regular season...I'm not worried.
                              With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by MinnJack View Post
                                On gojacks.com, the totals for turnovers don't go any further back than 2000-01. Sunday's game set a school-record at the D-I level.

Last year, SDSU had 33 turnovers at Oral Roberts.
                                It was ugly. Interesting to note however that last year's previous high turnover mark was on the road, against a very good team, the first time we had faced them in the season, and the Jacks recovered to make the nationals and went on to give Oklahoma a great game on the road in Norman. Will hope for a similar scenario from this year's squad!

Comment

Working...
                                X