Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Campus Construction

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
    Does he vote against all university construction projects, or just SDSU construction projects?

I realize it doesn't make any difference, but there are plenty of SDSU grads in Mobridge. I wonder if they realize how he votes on these things.
    Mobridge is 60 miles away from Isabel, I could be wrong but I don't think they are in the same district.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
      Does he vote against all university construction projects, or just SDSU construction projects?

I realize it doesn't make any difference, but there are plenty of SDSU grads in Mobridge. I wonder if they realize how he votes on these things.
      I heard an audio clip this morning on the THE RANCH 910AM radio(KJJQ). Maher's big complaint was that there have been three buildings done at McCrory in the past five years and he wondered if McCrory was about being a development project and less of its orginal intent which I suppose is horticulture education and beautification.

See what I mean about "strong backs and closed minds". No doubt Maher is a product of the Homestead Act as are most of us on this board. The RANCH played a follow up audio from Pam Merchant, a Senator from Brookings County and surrounding area, who mentioned that the new Vistor Centor will be very user fee oriented and will help pay for its operation.

If it were spring I would love to take Mr Maher to coffee at Perkins and fill his cup several times and then take him to tour McCrory across the street. Touring McCrory on a full bladder is a challenge for anyone including some legislator from Isebal. Perhaps he would get the purpose of a Visitors center.
      Last edited by Nidaros; 03-04-2010, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post

If it were spring I would love to take Mr Maher to coffee at Perkins and fill his cup several times and then take him to tour McCrory across the street. Touring McCrory on a full bladder is a challenge for anyone including some legislator from Isebal. Perhaps he would get the purpose of a Visitors center.
        More likely he would simply alter the PH of the McCrory soil.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
          Mobridge is 60 miles away from Isabel, I could be wrong but I don't think they are in the same district.
          My mistake. I read the SD Legislature page wrong.
          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Construction update pictures taken 3/28/10.

Residence hall construction. The precast for the new buildings is erected and the cranes are gone.

South Building (immediately west of Brown Hall - last to be erected)

Middle building (immediately west of Grove Hall)

Union Construction (photo looking south from the west entrance to Ag Engineering)

See more photos on the albums at my profile.

Comment

From the Dykhouse open house story:

I think SDSU really needs to do something with the "SOUTH DAKOTA STATE UNIVERSITY" signage. It disappears under the brise soleil during day games, and isn't backlit for night games.

Comment

Was that something that got "scaled back"?

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Not 100% sure but I think the letters on the building were photo shopped in. I know the Dykhouse Student-Athlete Center letter were just put on the south side of the building in the last two weeks so they were not there when we played SIU.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                    Not 100% sure but I think the letters on the building were photo shopped in. I know the Dykhouse Student-Athlete Center letter were just put on the south side of the building in the last two weeks so they were not there when we played SIU.
                    I was pretty sure the lettering was there during FB season. This confirms it (hat tip to BKXD). Agree, though, it needs illumination.
                    @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                    --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                      From the Dykhouse open house story:
                      I think SDSU really needs to do something with the "SOUTH DAKOTA STATE UNIVERSITY" signage. It disappears under the brise soleil during day games, and isn't backlit for night games.
                      Since they put the letters up I always thought it would look awesome if the would've put blue neon behind 'South Dakota State University'

just my thoughts.. glad others think it's too dark...

Comment

SDSU's Facebook page has plans/architectural renderings and recent photos of the dorm and union construction at: http://www.facebook.com/SouthDakotaStateUniversity.
                        You'll need to scroll down the entries to see them.
                        Summer construction season is underway. If you're visiting the campus over the summer, know that the south entrance to Rotunda Lane is closed for utility construction.

Comment

Construction on the new parking lot south of 8th Street between 12th and 13th Avenues has begun. All of the buildings on the block except the apartments on the southwest corner have been removed. The lot should have approximately 300 parking spaces, primarily for commuters.

Here's a picture looking north from 7th Street. The building across the way is the new electrical engineering building.

See other photos in my album.

Comment

Thanks BKXD for posting the picture. I was by there the other day, and wondered what was going on. 300 parking spaces will be of significant help on the edge of the campus and sorely needed with three new dorms just a block away!!

Comment

I walked around the middle of campus yesterday and was really surprised at the huge amount of work being done. When I said I walked around the middle of campus I mean it literally because there is so much construction going on that you cant walk THROUGH the middle at all.

I will be pretty impressive when all of that work is done.
                              Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Everyone is talking about all the construction on campus. Would love to see some pictures if someone is in that neighborhood.

Comment

Working...
                                X