Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Downtown Bookstore

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
    I know the downtown store just happened (I stopped there yesterday and it is nice), but IMO the next logical step for the bookstore is a site in Sioux Falls somewhere. The Empire Mall would be perfect, but a stand alone site somewhere else would be great too. Imagine the marketing possibilities then...
    I am right with you on this one. I don't have a problem with them copywriting things but then make them more available. If AD Sell is serious about reaching Sioux Falls Jackrabbit fans he'll support something like this. Now, as for the logistics, I have no clue.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Until I read some of the posts in this thread, I would have first guessed that the bookstore is independent of the athletic department. Does the athletic department control the bookstore?

Comment

bookstore is stand alone. It used to be under the student association, but with the move to D1 it was thought best that they get a real manager. I don't remember his name, but he does a really really good job. Look at touchdown tuesdays as an example.
        Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Derek Peterson is a great guy. Good family and his daughter is a decent ball player for Sioux Valley.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
            bookstore is stand alone. It used to be under the student association, but with the move to D1 it was thought best that they get a real manager. I don't remember his name, but he does a really really good job. Look at touchdown tuesdays as an example.

The bookstore was never under the student association or at least in the last 30 years. It has been under the division of Finance and Budget. The Change in Directors had nothing to do with D1. The old Director just happened to retire at the same time.

Comment

Now they just need to hire a webmaster to constantly update the merchandise online.
              Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
              -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

I stopped in the downtown bookstore last Friday while in town for the amateur games. Very nice man running it. Said he couldn't sell us anything at that time since they weren't officially open, but called the store on campus to make sure they had the stuff that we were looking at.

Great idea, nice people. I hope it does very well.

I got a sweet new hat (long overdue), hitch cover, and the missus got a new hoodie.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmieTuba View Post
                  Now they just need to hire a webmaster to constantly update the merchandise online.
                  Here-here! I love shopping online and often get stuff the very next day or at the most two days later. But there is so much stuff that's not available online. Not sure why?

Bits - which hat did you get? The new black Jackrabbits golf hat looks sweet!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmieTuba View Post
                    I agree. I'm guessing it's an issue where they don't have any way to link their in-house inventory system to their Web site. Without that kind of link, you really can't run a Web store. Imagine the difficulty of keeping a Web store updated to reflect the inventory in your store without that kind of automation.
                    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Story in the Register

http://www.brookingsregister.com/V2_...&story_id=5894

Comment

Store hours:

Hours at Jackrabbit Central are 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday; 10 a.m. - 8 p.m. Thursday; and 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. Saturday.

I plan to stop by the next time I'm in town.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                          A lot of Jacks alumni will relate to as being across the street from the Safari Lounge.

I miss mug night!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
                          mug or jug superbunny?...lol
                          Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
                          Muhammad Ali

Comment

Does anyone know the Summer Hours for the University Bookstore or the Downtown Bookstore? Thank you.

I went to Scheels about a week ago, they had almost nothing to choose from.

Comment

Downtown store is open the same hours during the summer as the school year. I just went and asked them.

Store Hours are:

Monday 10-6
                              Tuesday10-6
                              Wed. 10-6
                              Thurs. 10-8
                              Friday 10-6
                              Sat. 10-5
                              Sun. closed

Comment

Working...
                              X