This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fred Oien article

I drive a Tan Chevy Impala with 130,000. It's time to move on.
    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
      RO, one of these?

Funny story about shirts. I was working at the pool I work at and it was cold so I was wearing one of my SDSU sweatshirts and then I had to leave and drive to Vermillion to teach swimming lessons in the Dome. I had to walk right through the SID offices and some other athletic offices to get to the locker room and people were giving me weird looks and I had no idea why. Then I looked down at my sweatshirt when I was changing and it all made sense. I felt dirty.
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
        Funny story about shirts. I was working at the pool I work at and it was cold so I was wearing one of my SDSU sweatshirts and then I had to leave and drive to Vermillion to teach swimming lessons in the Dome. I had to walk right through the SID offices and some other athletic offices to get to the locker room and people were giving me weird looks and I had no idea why. Then I looked down at my sweatshirt when I was changing and it all made sense. I felt dirty.
        Yeah my fiance yesterday decided that she was going to wear her Dakota Days t shirt with one of my SDSU hats. I told her to take the shirt off.
        (Should say she only went to USD one semester before wising up and transferring to SDSU.)

Comment

I read the article a couple times yesterday, read all of the comments in this thread and re-read the article again. There's really nothing constructive that I can add that hasn't already been said much more eloquently by others. So I agree .... I think it's time to move on ...

I guess there is one comment I would like to add: I love my 1996 Pontiac Grand Prix SE, 135,000 miles, clear coat peeling from the top of the spoiler, one headlight and one fog light burned out.

And if B&G Milky Way sold pie, I'd be sitting there right now on a beautiful warm spring afternoon with the windows rolled down, Springsteen on the radio, enjoying a big piece of banana cream pie! But since they don't sell pie I guess I'll have to settle for an ice cold chocolate Monster Malt ...
          "You trusted us"

Comment

I read the article...... I think when alcohol is the main reason behind the problems you are going to get opinions from all over the spectrum..... Last year at BHSU's homecoming our president came down and tailgated and pounded a few beers back with us before the game and if you knew her, you knew she does that on occation.... I didn't have a problem but my friends parents were there and they were amazed by the fact that she was drinking with students before a football game..... I think Nagy put it right AD's you are never in a good position.... Half of the fans want you to play big name programs, the other half want you to play winnable games, the coaches are always complaining about something, you have to fundraise like no other and then if you screw up its the end of the world.....

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
              Yeah my fiance yesterday decided that she was going to wear her Dakota Days t shirt with one of my SDSU hats. I told her to take the shirt off.
              (Should say she only went to USD one semester before wising up and transferring to SDSU.)
              I'm sure she turned heads after she took the shirt off.

Comment

I'm just guessing TV wasn't thrilled about writing this story, and if Stu was the one to write it......it would been a lot worse and way more damaging to the school.(from what i've heard that was left out of this story)

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                  My trucks got SDSU organization plates too.
                  My plates are up for renewal next month. How do I go about getting SDSU organizational plates for it my pickup?

Can't wait to get that d*mned 1 (Minnehaha County) off of my plates.
                  Last edited by BitsTD; 05-18-2009, 05:22 PM. Reason: Adding a sentence

Comment

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid is my awesome ride. Thinking of trading in on a VW Jetta TDI Sportwagen, and lucky us, that one comes with $1,300 tax credit.

And, it's time to move on.
                    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
                      My plates are up for renewal next month. How do I go about getting SDSU organizational plates for it my pickup?

Can't wait to get that d*mned 1 (Minnehaha County) off of my plates.
                      Just tell them at the county office you want organizational plates and then pick up your stickers ($30 i think) at the little building on the side street across from the alumni center.
                      "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                      -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                        Oien had issues. They were under investigation last fall. In the middle of winter, having (probably) reached his 59 1/2 years and 'rule of 85' (age + years of state employment if he was under the SDRS), he retired.
                        OK...I'm moving on with this one last post on this subject. Fred Oien hasn't reached his 59 1/2 years, he was 57 at the time of the announcement.

Secondly, investigations at SDSU come from complaints. If the complaint is justified, it becomes an action, and if not, it is filed in File 13.

I wonder how many of you read Terry's interview with President Chicoine. If you didn't, you can't now. I find it interesting that I went back to review it, and it had been removed from the web page, and can't be found in the archives. Hmmmm....

Anyway, President Chicoine was asked point blank whether there was another reason for Fred retiring, other than his own wish. The President said, point-blank, there wasn't. Now all of you can think what you want to think...if you think the President is lying, you can continue to look for another answer. I think this was the Argus' last whack at SDSU's retiring AD when they couldn't find the smoking gun they wanted to find...so may he live in peace with the knowledge that he did a great job (even if critics didn't like his management style).

Although I haven't had my last soiree at the Argus...it won't be on this board. I'm moving on...just moving on...

Comment

I like:
                          1. Pie
                          2. My 1994 Buick Lesabre
                          3. Killing Threads
                          OBTW...I ordered VJ Smith's new book today. Can't wait to read it!
                          I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
                            OBTW...I ordered VJ Smith's new book today. Can't wait to read it!
                            It is a very good book, especially the interesting chapter on Doug Miller's death.

Comment

Originally posted by SidelineObserver View Post
                              It is a very good book, especially the interesting chapter on Doug Miller's death.
                              Agreed, Great Book. Everybody that wants to rip up the sod and put an artificial surface in Coughlin should read that chapter.
                              "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                                I wonder how many of you read Terry's interview with President Chicoine. If you didn't, you can't now. I find it interesting that I went back to review it, and it had been removed from the web page, and can't be found in the archives. Hmmmm...
                                Here it is:

Linky

Comment

Working...
                                X