Hobo Day Parade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hobo Day Parade

Pretty fair summary by the last couple of posts...the October 4 date was changed with an extension by the city, because of the questions surrounding the tunnel. I think it was extended until the end of October. At that date, the missed deadline penalties would kick in.

Comment

Did they find any money in the old vault!

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm View Post
        Did they find any money in the old vault!
        Never have heard if they found anything in the vault.

As for some of the delays, the constuction company was told they shouldn't leave any holes dug overnight(I'm sure the city was worried about people visiting the bars falling into them). So, one day they would dig a hole, fill it in that night, dig it in the next morning and continue the process until they could move to the next spot. Trying to walk downtown during the second blocks dig was almost impossible. One day the sidewalk would be blocked in one spot. You head that way the next day and it is blocked in a different spot. I think it was supposed to be one of those moving mazes so people can't find their way out. They are working away on the sidewalks for the first two blocks. The curbs are mostly down (Main Street is really going to look different). The construction by Swiftel is almost done. That storm drain handles a lot of run-off during storms so it had to be fixed too.
        Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Working...
        X