New Director of Bands--Eric Peterson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Director of Bands--Eric Peterson

Athletics pays for pep band at basketball, but not for marching band at football. The Pride gets the parking money.
    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman View Post
      since this is a pride thread.... rumor mill has it the pride may perform at the inauguration in january
      But will they play the two home November football games??
      I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
        But will they play the two home November football games??
        I was told by the gf back in august they may or may not be there. I'd say its a toss up.

Comment

My understanding is that the new band director is officially in charge on game days after Hobo Day. I'm betting the band will be there in November.
          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

You know every time I see a thread or a reference on this board about the band, I imagine Alan Iverson ranting about "Practice". Only he substitutes the word "Practice" with "Band".

We're talking about the Band!!! We're not talking about the game, no we are talking about THE BAND. We're talking about the Band!!!

I wish someone could dub over Iverson's voice and make a you tube video, I think it would be hilarious.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Here's hoping that the Pride will be there for all home games. While I'll admit that I go for the football and not for the band, I recognize that the band is a huge part of the experience and a game as CAS without the band is nothing like a game with them.

You don't see very many people leaving the stands at halftime because few want to miss the Pride. I for one am very appreciative of the band and while I can imaging that cold weather is very difficult for playing instruments, etc I just hope that there is some way they can find to add their presence to the atmosphere for all games.
              Last edited by rabidrabbit; 10-04-2008, 09:52 AM.
              The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Working...
              X