Countdown to the End of the Transition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Countdown to the End of the Transition

I just watched two news stories about SDSU becoming a full member of NCAA Division I: one on KSFY-TV and the other on KELO-TV. Both reports were well done and featured clips from the SDSU win over NDSU in football and other sports highlights.

We've witnessed a great example of leadership from the SDSU Administration including the sports administration led by Dr. Fred Oien.

We're done talkin' transition!

Comment

Here is the Argus Leader article from TV about the transition to D-1

SDSU celebrates rocky D-I transition

After five years, Jacks finally made it - but school officials admit it was tough

Terry Vandrovec • tvandrovec@argusleader.com • July 2, 2008

BROOKINGS - During the course of the five-year journey to become an active member of NCAA Division I, the South Dakota State athletic department more than doubled its budget and scholarship offerings, raised its collective GPA and achieved on-field success.

Wasn't this transition supposed to be difficult? It was purgatory for programs, a career killer for coaches, history said.

To read the entire article, click here.

Go State!!!
      Go Jacks!!!
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
        I just watched two news stories about SDSU becoming a full member of NCAA Division I: one on KSFY-TV and the other on KELO-TV...
        Originally posted by JackJD View Post

We've witnessed a great example of leadership from the SDSU Administration including the sports administration led by Dr. Fred Oien.

We're done talkin' transition!

I read the paper and watch the news...

Anything from the Bismarck news industry???

Either way... Congratulations, XDSUs!!!

*damn, this is going to be a fun ride...

Comment

Working...
        X