• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: South Dakota State New Science Building

*nudge*

Comment

Originally posted by JackerRabbit View Post
      Yeah, I think I heard that the building is going to be for electrical engineering and physics, so that some space will be freed up in Crothers. Not sure about Harding, being replaced.

I heard that this was a project slated for about 10-15 years from now, but a certain wine maker stepped up big to make it happen for the electrical engineering department this spring...
      This is an old quote, but just to bring the record up to date, work has started on the Engineering Building which will be behind Harding Hall. Harding Hall stays as is.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
        This is an old quote, but just to bring the record up to date, work has started on the Engineering Building which will be behind Harding Hall. Harding Hall stays as is.
        The new building will be named Harding South, and is slated to open January 09, assuming no setbacks.

Comment

Originally posted by State_fan View Post
          The new building will be named Harding South, and is slated to open January 09, assuming no setbacks.
          Obviously, given the name HH South, the idea is to knock down old HH and built a north half of the new building at some point down the road.
          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I beleive Harding Hall South is the temporary name until they come up with the permanent name. That is what I was told from one of the engineers.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
              Obviously, given the name HH South, the idea is to knock down old HH and built a north half of the new building at some point down the road.
              Original plans were to add a wing to the west of the new building in the future (but there's a house there right now...not sure what the scenario is about that). I've heard from instructors that current Harding Hall will stay due to limited office space. Not sure if it would be needed though if they added the west wing.

I haven't heard anything about giving the building a new formal name, but it wouldn't surprise me if they did.

Parking on that side of campus is god awful in the mornings M/W/F. Expanded parking when the building is complete should help that. I would be in favor of tearing down current HH and turning it into a parking lot when that's done. The building is terrible. But building space is too valuable on this campus for that to ever happen.

Comment

Isn't a good bit of the funding coming from Daktronics?
                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Not sure if its Daktronics or Jim Morgan himself... I've wondered about that too, I'll ask around a little and see.

Comment

Working...
                  X