Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Building question

Originally posted by JackJD
    Should we start a new section titled: I know something you don't know!?
    I don't know anything, isn't that something or isn't it?!?  :-?

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU
      [quote author=JackJD link=1176698889/15#28 date=1180912441]Should we start a new section titled: I know something you don't know!?
      I don't know anything, isn't that something or isn't?!? :-?
      [/quote]
      I don't know. Do we have clearance, Clarence?

Timmy, do you like movies about gladiators?
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I don't know if Blue is talking about the Student Athlete Development Center to be built on the north end of the football field or not. But the Regents will be asked very soon to give expenditure approval (of private funds) and then the legislature will have to do the same in the 2008 session. Expenditure authority will be sought for $15 million. I do not believe there is any other major athletic facility planned for next year at that time, although fundraising to complete the baseball field is ongoing.

There is much more information on the SADC that I posted on a thread under football if you are interested.

Comment

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...25/1002/SPORTS

$1.1M addition at SDSU will be done in '08
          Title IX improvement plan includes extra locker rooms for women's teams

By Terry Vandrovec
          tvandrovec@argusleader.com
          Published: June 8, 2007

As construction for a new wellness center continues around it, South Dakota State's Stanley J. Marshall Health, Physical Education and Recreation Center is going to get better, too.

Not perfect, but better.

A two-story, $1.1 million addition onto the north side of the building should be complete before the start of the 2008-09 school year, according to SDSU associate athletic director Rob Peterson. The first floor will house new locker rooms, one each for the women's basketball and volleyball teams, while the second floor will have a locker room for the women's swimming team and a team room to be shared by the men's and women's swimming programs.

Also, a dance studio turned acceleration training room on the floor level of Frost Arena will be remodeled to serve as separate team rooms for volleyball and women's basketball. It is not included in the $1.1 million price tag.

The building addition is part of a Title IX improvement plan sparked by a 2003-04 review of the state's public universities. Built in 1973, the HPER center has three women's locker rooms and they are smaller than the four available to the school's men's teams.

"Yes, it's part of Title IX, but it's also part of (NCAA) Division I," said Peterson, referring to the department's ongoing reclassification, "and making the upgrades that are necessary for our student-athletes to have the Division I experience." . . . (read more)

Go State!

Comment

Steel work is starting to go up on the New Wellness Center.

Comment

They brought the climbing wall pieces to the site today for the wellness center. The wellness center and locker room additions are coming along well. Can't wait for them to be done.

Harding Hall South and the New Diary Bar are supposedly scheduled to start construction soon, sometime within the month. Rotunda Lane will be closed from north of Yeager Hall to just past the track to all traffic. Talk of the new science building construction starting soon is starting to heat up a little bit.

Coughlin Campanile has been closed this year due to plaster and stuff falling inside. Supposedly, there is a rumour about it being moved, but I believe since it is a Historic Place they cannot move it.

Comment

Not sure what is going on with the Barn, but it looks like they are gutting the inside and possibly tearing the place down? I have a few classes in there this semester and coach McDaniel mentioned they are tearing it down. Not sure if anyone else(JimmyJack) knows more about this?

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman View Post
                  Not sure what is going on with the Barn, but it looks like they are gutting the inside and possibly tearing the place down? I have a few classes in there this semester and coach McDaniel mentioned they are tearing it down. Not sure if anyone else(JimmyJack) knows more about this?
                  I have been told that when they bulldoze the one-story portion of Shepard Hall which is occupied by the College of Pharmacy in order to build the new Pharmacy/Chemistry building that the College of Pharmacy will temporarily relocate to the Barn during construction. I have never heard what plans there are after that.
                  Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
                    I have been told that when they bulldoze the one-story portion of Shepard Hall which is occupied by the College of Pharmacy in order to build the new Pharmacy/Chemistry building that the College of Pharmacy will temporarily relocate to the Barn during construction. I have never heard what plans there are after that.
                    I have also heard the same thing about the Pharmacy program moving in temporarily. I haven't not hear anything about it being tore down.

Comment

It is not being torn down.

Go State!

Comment

The Wellness Center is well into construction. Almost enclosed so inside work can continue in the warmth of the building. Side note, heard a rumor about a new dorm being constructed in 2010 or 2011. Not sure if it is rumor or fact. Also I heard something about President Chicoine pushing for the Master Plan to move along faster with Rotunda Lane being shut down in the near future.

Comment

Any update on the Wellness Center? Will it be ready for students this fall?

Comment

From what I've heard it is scheduled to be completed by the time the students get here. The building looks great from the outside although I haven't been inside yet. From what I've heard though it is very impressive.

Comment

Working...
                            X