Mascot News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mascot News

Anybody else think its a bit odd that our new conference, The Summit League, got its logo from a graphic designer from SDSU, but the school is paying an outside firm to do the same????? :-?
    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan
      Anybody else think its a bit odd that our new conference, The Summit League, got its logo from a graphic designer from SDSU, but the school is paying an outside firm to do the same????? :-?
      Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks02
        [quote author=SF_Rabbit_Fan link=1177610068/90#90 date=1179329803]Anybody else think its a bit odd that our new conference, The Summit League, got its logo from a graphic designer from SDSU, but the school is paying an outside firm to do the same????? :-?
        Yes.[/quote]
        My guess is that a logo for a "summit" is easer to pull off than a logo for a "jackrabbit." (No offense intended or implied towards Ms. Schmidt, the new league's logo is nice, simple and clean.)

Most people are just a tad more emotionally invested in the logo for their individual school than in a conference, I suspect, making the school logo job even more difficult.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks02
          [quote author=SF_Rabbit_Fan link=1177610068/90#90 date=1179329803]Anybody else think its a bit odd that our new conference, The Summit League, got its logo from a graphic designer from SDSU, but the school is paying an outside firm to do the same????? :-?
          Yes.[/quote]

No.

You aren't counting on the sale of merchandise with the Summit League logo on it. You are expecting to sell lots of merchandise with the Jackrabbit on it. Two entirely different purposes. All they have in common is that they're logos.
          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Then the Jackrabbit logo should be better. It isn't. It's an abomination.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan
              Two words - Gong Show.
              I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack
                [quote author=Jacks02 link=1177610068/90#91 date=1179333227][quote author=SF_Rabbit_Fan link=1177610068/90#90 date=1179329803]Anybody else think its a bit odd that our new conference, The Summit League, got its logo from a graphic designer from SDSU, but the school is paying an outside firm to do the same????? :-?
                Yes.[/quote]

No.

You aren't counting on the sale of merchandise with the Summit League logo on it. You are expecting to sell lots of merchandise with the Jackrabbit on it. Two entirely different purposes. All they have in common is that they're logos.
                [/quote]

That's a fair point, I hadn't really thought about it that way. However, wouldn't it at least make sense to see what the locals can come up with?
                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled Jack
                  Then the Jackrabbit logo should be better. It isn't. It's an abomination.

I couldn't agree more.

Comment

Sleek or psychotic? Welcome to SDSU logo search
                    By Terry Vandrovec
                    tvandrovec@argusleader.com
                    Published: May 17, 2007
                    . . .
                    For the record, Cunningham likes Option 2, and his opinion should matter perhaps more than most since he may wind up wearing the new Jack on some article of clothing on a daily basis.
                    . . .
                    If only by default, that leaves us with option No. 3. It is (buzzwords alert) sleek and abstract. It seems suitably mad, but without the institutionalized intensity of the first two. Add some color, and it would be reminiscent of the new logo of the Buffalo Sabres. (That's a hockey team, people.)
                    (From the Moderator: Please do not cut and paste entire articles from newspaper sites--excerpt a paragraph or two and provide a link to the original article. Thanks)

Comment

• Re: Mascot News

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...%3Den%26sa%3DN

This rabbit with the blue curve the ears just a bit..

Comment

That one is not bad.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

So we're to the stage that some small town Kansas mascot, probably penned by a fifteen year old is better than what's being proposed.

Please, pay those charlatans their money and start this process all over again.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled Jack
                            So we're to the stage that some small town Kansas mascot, probably penned by a fifteen year old is better than what's being proposed.  

Please, pay those charlatans their money and start this process all over again.  
                            The Greeley Co. Jackrabbit is MUCH NICER than any of the 3 designs that came from the staff in NYC to date. Filbert's Rabbit, and the VW Rabbit are nicer.

What we have here, is a failure to earn their $$$. Agree with GJ, need to get this into the hands of someone who's actually seen a Jackrabbit running!

Comment

https://www3.sdstate.edu/Athletics/M...signChallenge/

Here's your chance.
                              LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Finally...a chance for students and alums to work on the mascot project! Now, let's just hope the word gets out, because I haven't seen anything, anywere on the media about this on-line opportunity for ideas. The "new option" needs some promotion.

Comment

Working...
                                X