Mascot News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Mascot News

I think JJ nailed one big problem with this survey in that the coloring was not consistent. Oh well, when I am king of the world, I know will make the decision that makes me happy.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

The coloring on the 1st one is the best but that is NOT a jackrabbit it looks more like a cat with long ears or like said a cotton tail. The second one looks like a 1st graders attempt to draw filberts design. The third one has a good design but the head view is a joke. The fourth one is again similar to filberts but not that good.

Comment

I cannot lie ... I love that first rabbit. The look, the color, the whole deal.
        Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

I was watching a show on the VS channel that I get through Mid-Continent HD, about the South Sydney Rabbitohs Rugby Team. Russell Crowe bought this team and they follow him and the team around all year.

Check out their logo:
          http://www.souths.com.au/home/index....lv&vsspeed=low

I found it quite similar to the one the firm in NYC was trying to come up with for SDSU.
          We would probably stand a better chance of getting sued by Crowe for copyright infringement than Disney.

Go Jacks!!
          SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

The Rabbitohs? Their mascot looks more like a pig with a rabbit-like head.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
              Google is a wonderful thing:

Why the Rabbitohs?

"Another account of the legend relates that the Rabbitoh name was a disparaging reference by opposing teams to South Sydney's home ground being plagued with "rabbit 'oles". "
              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post

JD, you're right. Maybe they should become the Piglet-ohs.
                An ardent supporter of the hometown team should go to a game prepared to take offense, no matter what happens.Robert Benchley
                US actor, author, & humorist (1889 - 1945)

Comment

Hopefully it's close enough to the hideous professionally designed mascot so that they'll get off that kick once and for all. I can't believe that two designers on opposite sides of the world would have identical, moronic, taste.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled_Jack View Post
                    Hopefully it's close enough to the hideous professionally designed mascot so that they'll get off that kick once and for all. I can't believe that two designers on opposite sides of the world would have identical, moronic, taste.
                    Neither can I. Why not make Wier Willy the mascot, and forget the rabbit part.

Comment

Check out Russell on the Colts game wearing a hat of his team.

Comment

Any word from campus on when they announce the new logo?
                        Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
                        -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...PRESS/80109013

The new mascot has been chosen and will be unveiled in Feb. According to the story it is a design submitted by the public. Filbert's maybe?
                          An ardent supporter of the hometown team should go to a game prepared to take offense, no matter what happens.Robert Benchley
                          US actor, author, & humorist (1889 - 1945)

Comment

Can't wait to see it.
                            Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
                            -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

Originally posted by Walrus View Post
                              http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...PRESS/80109013

The new mascot has been chosen and will be unveiled in Feb. According to the story it is a design submitted by the public. Filbert's maybe?
                              If it is, it would be news to me!
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

One this is certain: there will be some who like it, some who do not, and some in between.

Comment

Working...
                                X