Pete Thamel's Jacks' dig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pete Thamel's Jacks' dig

Thamel used an odd simile to compare announcement that NCAA Board of Governors extended Mark Emmert's contract stating "Surely, a group of people that smart couldn’t have concluded this news should be treated like South Dakota State hiring a new SID."

Maybe he has Jacks' FCS playoffs on his mind or he's still fuming about Jacks' WBB defeating Syracuse to reach Sweet 16 in '19

What a weird, strange comment.

(/engage filbert disdain mode)

Who's Pete Thamel and why should I care what he says about ANYTHING?

(/disengage filbert disdain mode)
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Out of 360, approximately, D1 programs to dis as being "trivial" in his opinion, he purposely chose SDSU ? It does raise the question as to why. Personal grudge perhaps? Like Filbert says, who cares, his personal gripes are trivial to anyone who reads his article anyway.
      Last edited by jackdaniel; 04-29-2021, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Perhaps he, whoever he is, thinks often about the Jackrabbits. I guess that makes him a lot like the rest of us. I'm not going to worry about it.
        Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
          Perhaps he, whoever he is, thinks often about the Jackrabbits. I guess that makes him a lot like the rest of us. I'm not going to worry about it.
          Yeah, I'm not necessarily "worried." More curious about why he chose Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
            Out of 360, approximately, D1 programs to dis as being "trivial" in his opinion, he purposely chose SDSU ? It does raise the question as to why. Personal grudge perhaps? Like Filbert says, who cares, his personal gripes are trivial to anyone who reads his article anyway.
            He's a Syracuse alum, so I'll default to it being 2019 "sour grapes"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
              What a weird, strange comment.

(/engage filbert disdain mode)

Who's Pete Thamel and why should I care what he says about ANYTHING?

(/disengage filbert disdain mode)
              Haha, personally I'd like to discourage Emmert-Jacks linkages

Comment

Writer for Yahoo Sports. I'm real impressed. Until I saw this thead, I had not heard of Thamel.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                  Writer for Yahoo Sports. I'm real impressed. Until I saw this thead, I had not heard of Thamel.
                  He also covered college sports for SI, which is where I first saw one of his articles

Comment

Are you certain he didn't mean to write San Diego State?
                    You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
                      Are you certain he didn't mean to write San Diego State?
                      Haha, given use of state name, rather than acronym, I think not, but who knows what mysteries reside in the minds of those failing to appreciate the Jacks

Comment

Working...
                      X