The Pride in Macy's 2022 Parade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Pride in Macy's 2022 Parade

The Pride of the Dakotas will be in the 2022 Macy's Thanksgiving Parade!

https://www.sdstate.edu/news/2021/04...ng-day-parader

Besides it being on national television and the exposure for The Pride and SDSU, this is a really big deal for them to get invited. Macy's mostly picks high school bands to represent states even creating bands with high school students from every state. It is really special for a university band to get asked, so we should all be very proud of The Pride! I'm not one to ask for money, but the next time you donate to athletics for scholarships or for a new facility send a little bit of it The Pride's way. Every little bit counts and is always appreciated.
    Rollin' in my 5.0
    With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
    Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

This is great for The Pride and SDSU. Definitely going to be good for the school to add to exposure.

A bit of a tangent - many of my Facebook Pride Alumnus friends seem to indicate this is bigger than the Tournament of Roses Parade. I've always thought the TRP as the top parade in the land, with Macy's being second. I will admit, that currenlty, Macy's might be watched by more people than TRP, but I still consider TRP more prestigious. Any thoughts on that?

Either way, the band members are going to get an amazing chance to enhance their college experience. Kessler is taking McKinney's showmanship to the next level.
      Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
      -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

I was in the pride during the first rose trip. I was talking to my wife about it and macys is probably just as big or close. Like a 1A or 1B type of thing. Clearly the biggest parade since the 2 trp trips.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Our family is already planning on spending Thanksgiving in 2022 in NYC to support them. We were at the Rose Parade which was incredible but this is a huge deal for the university. Congrats to the Music Dept!

Comment

Working...
          X