Hospitality Information for Out of Town Fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hospitality Information for Out of Town Fans

The following question was asked on the forum of our next opponent. "There is a group of parents flying in for the weekend. Can you recommend a restaurant/bar area where our parents can meet before the game, within walking distance of the stadium? We saw Cubby's online and wondered if that would logistically make sense." I have reposted the question here so that fans that are far more familiar with the Brookings hospitality scene can answer their questions. I am hoping this thread will be useful, not only to them, but to all fans visiting from afar, both opposing fans and Jackrabbit fans.
    Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Re: Hospitality Information for Out of Town Fans

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
    The following question was asked on the forum of our next opponent. "There is a group of parents flying in for the weekend. Can you recommend a restaurant/bar area where our parents can meet before the game, within walking distance of the stadium? We saw Cubby's online and wondered if that would logistically make sense." I have reposted the question here so that fans that are far more familiar with the Brookings hospitality scene can answer their questions. I am hoping this thread will be useful, not only to them, but to all fans visiting from afar, both opposing fans and Jackrabbit fans.
    Walking distance is tough. I would probably recommend Buffalo Wild Wings to them.

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
      It may be best if they joined the tailgating area since walking distance may even stretch some from BWW. The Brookings Area Transit may be able to help if they did not shut down at 1 pm on Saturdays. The Ground Round would keep them at the mile plus area. Craft located at 6th and Medary would be another "closer" place for a good lunch and drinks.
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
        It may be best if they joined the tailgating area since walking distance may even stretch some from BWW. The Brookings Area Transit may be able to help if they did not shut down at 1 pm on Saturdays. The Ground Round would keep them at the mile plus area. Craft located at 6th and Medary would be another "closer" place for a good lunch and drinks.
        Seems like a good opportunity for an eating/drinking establishment to offer a shuttle service.
        USD Fan

Comment

Here is a link to the Brookings Convention and Visitors Bureau.

http://visitbrookingssd.com/

It lists restaurants, motels, atrractions etc. If you are looking for something to do earlier in the day, I recommend McCrory Gardens. There is a link to their website in the site listed above.
          G

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
            Walking distance is tough. I would probably recommend Buffalo Wild Wings to them.
            One can't forget Guadalaraja across the parking lot from BWW.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
              Great for if you want to stuff your self silly and go for a nap. Will never leave their hungry.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

IMO, downtown is where you need to go... George's, Pizza King, The Ram (if you want to go fancy), plus all the great drinking establishments.
                I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
                  Backyard Grill >>>

It's by Buffalo Wild Wings now too

Comment

The salad place must have wilted away.
                    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Is kings wok up and kicking still?

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                        Is kings wok up and kicking still?
                        Yes.
                        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
                          IMO, downtown is where you need to go... George's, Pizza King, The Ram (if you want to go fancy), plus all the great drinking establishments.
                          The Ram is "fancy"? You might want to tell out of town visitors it is casual dining. I'm just not sure I would call it fancy, unless things really changed when the new owners came in. I haven't been there since Tom sold it.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
                            The Ram is "fancy"? You might want to tell out of town visitors it is casual dining. I'm just not sure I would call it fancy, unless things really changed when the new owners came in. I haven't been there since Tom sold it.
                            compared to anything else in Brookings it is. It might not be the most high end, but its generally good food. typically more expensive then others.

One of my favorite places in town to go. last year we went there after the USD game and it was really slow not many came to eat there. I was worried it would be busy with the game getting over.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                              compared to anything else in Brookings it is. It might not be the most high end, but its generally good food. typically more expensive then others.

One of my favorite places in town to go. last year we went there after the USD game and it was really slow not many came to eat there. I was worried it would be busy with the game getting over.
                              Good food, not great. The biggest issue I have with The Ram is that it takes absolutely forever to eat there, whether it's busy or not.
                              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Working...
                              X