Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV taking job at Sanford Health

Originally posted by EQguy View Post
    I think its a little unfair to expect him to be up and running with complete knowledge of the ins and outs of the program after 3 weeks in. Especially when he's covering 3 schools and its something as inane as medical redshirt questions about two players that were hurt well before he came on.
    I'm sitting back and waiting to see what the Argus does. If they keep Matt on the combined SDSU/USF/Augie beat I will be cancelling my subscription as there will be less than 15 articles on SDSU in a month so no need to pay for the extra access.
    Don't know as I'd count on being lucky enough to expect (to hope) no one asks anything about players currently playing their sport of the school I'm supposed to know about (at least the rosters anyway)in a live chat forum.I would think I'd want to be a little better prepared than that.....but that's just the way I'd approach a new job. I don't expect a lot from him yet, but 3 wks should be plenty of time to go over the mens and womens basketball teams rosters a few times. Heaven forbid for someone to have a few expectations from someone, that are reasonable expectations in my opinion, without someone crying foul. I hope he succeeds in taking over for Terry, I never wish for anyone's failure, just would like to see a little more effort is all.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
      Don't know as I'd count on being lucky enough to expect (to hope) no one asks anything about players currently playing their sport of the school I'm supposed to know about (at least the rosters anyway)in a live chat forum.I would think I'd want to be a little better prepared than that.....but that's just the way I'd approach a new job. I don't expect a lot from him yet, but 3 wks should be plenty of time to go over the mens and womens basketball teams rosters a few times. Heaven forbid for someone to have a few expectations from someone, that are reasonable expectations in my opinion, without someone crying foul. I hope he succeeds in taking over for Terry, I never wish for anyone's failure, just would like to see a little more effort is all.
      How many on the Augie or USF roster can you name? Damn!! NONE. I am sure Zim will do better in the next chat. No doubt the guy has a full plate. TV did a very good job keeping a pulse on everything at SDSU. It's hard to pick up where some one left off.
      Last edited by Nidaros; 02-16-2015, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Go over the rosters, sure. Have every player and their issues memorized ready to rattle off?
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

On the Jackrabbit Insider last night I believe Tyler Merriam said that Stuart is done with basketball and is focusing on graduation and beginning her career.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
            On the Jackrabbit Insider last night I believe Tyler Merriam said that Stuart is done with basketball and is focusing on graduation and beginning her career.
            This is correct. AJ talked about it in last weeks coaches show. She saved the classes that take a lot of time until her last year assuming she would be done with basketball. She didn't feel like she could complete the classes and perform in basketball at a high level.

He also said that Gabby's future will be determined soon.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
              Go over the rosters, sure. Have every player and their issues memorized ready to rattle off?
              No doubt we are a spoiled bunch after TV and his devotion.

Comment

Just 28 names to become familiar with for the two major sports in season , men's and women's basketball. Don't try to make it rocket science.

Comment

Just 28 names to become familiar with for the two major sports in season , men's and women's basketball. Don't try to make it rocket science.
                  You're completely right.

Comment

Well, not completely,just that I have a legit gripe is plenty good enough.

Comment

Well, not completely,just that I have a legit gripe is plenty good enough.
                      Okay gripe away. After all it is not rocket science.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                        Okay gripe away. After all it is not rocket science.
                        The whole point is if he put forth a little more effort into his job, there would be no need to gripe now would there. I'm through with the sniping comments for today.

Comment

The whole point is if he put forth a little more effort into his job, there would be no need to gripe now would there. I'm through with the sniping comments for today.
                          I'm sure you, out of anyone else in the world, have the best idea about the amount of effort Matt Zimmer puts into his job.

Comment

I'm sure you, out of anyone else in the world, have the best idea about the amount of effort Matt Zimmer puts into his job.
                            ..... have a snickers bar......better?

Comment

What's to know, he's our beat writer and doesn't know our WBB roster after 3 wks? Is that what you're talk'n about? That's all I'm say'n .Take it or leave it.

Comment

..... have a snickers bar......better?
                                I am hungry for a Snickers and will pick one up at Walmart in an hour. Good advice.

Comment

Working...
                                X