Tony Kornheiser show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Kornheiser show

I'm a huge fan of TK and listen to his podcasts regularly. The show in fantastic. Most of you will know him from the Emmy award winning PTI television show on ESPN that he created. He is a DC local and I suspect NovaJack is familiar with him, perhaps he knows him well.

Yesterday morning (Tuesday, May 20th) he opened the show with an e-mail from one of our forum members discussing SDSU ice cream and eventually the Jackrabbits. Tony now wants some SDSU ice cream but he does not plan to attend any Jackrabbit sporting events. Considering tuning in some time or better yet subscribe to the podcast. TK also has a twitter handle and some unofficial websites. If you like sports talk, politics and current events presented with sarcasm and a hint of arrogance this show is for you. Tony is a self-admitted narcissist, the best kind of narcissist in my opinion.

http://www.espn980.com/shows/the_ton...eiser_show.php
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: Tony Kornheiser show

I like him better than Wilbon, but he's a tad bit on the curmudgeon side for me. Much like Bill Simmons, he was better 10 years ago. Cool that he brought up SDSU. Who sent him the email?
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Years ago Tony's radio show was broadcast on the ESPN station prior to Dan Patrick. Always loved his show and was bummed when they took him off. Never thought to look for the podcast. Thanks MD
      "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
      -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
        I like him better than Wilbon, but he's a tad bit on the curmudgeon side for me. Much like Bill Simmons, he was better 10 years ago. Cool that he brought up SDSU. Who sent him the email?
        I'm assuming that the person emailing was JackMD himself?
        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

He's a dweeb

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
            You must be correct.

Dr John Andrews, the brother of Dr James Andrews.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
              You are not his target audience. He is brilliant to us that lived before twitter. Him and Wilbon invented the age of debate that dominates the current state of ESPN from noon to 6pm everyday.

LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                You are not his target audience. He is brilliant to us that lived before twitter. Him and Wilbon invented the age of debate that dominates the current state of ESPN from noon to 6pm everyday.

Met him once. Funny in person. Probably more self-deprecating in person than he is on the radio. Is someone going to get him SDSU ice cream?

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post

And I hate that format of show of talking heads screaming at each other in, often times, mock debate. I will definitely agree that Kornheiser and Wilbon did it first, and did it a hell of a lot better than anyone does it now. I think it's cause they're actually friends. But the fact that they gave spawn to the children's television that is First Take and Around the Horn irks me.
                  Originally posted by JackFan96
                  Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Used to have a Moo U SDSU T-shirt, but Dairy Club should consider the Cow to Cone slogan for promoting SDSU ice cream.

And NoVaJack - Consider inviting TK to the next DC Jacks activities associated with SDSU athletics. May be a nice pre-game for a Blake Treinen start for the Nats?

Comment

Personally, I LOVE Tony Kornheiser on PTI. He's hilarious and I love watching him
                      Great moments are born from great opportunities.
                      ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                        Was not me. There have now been 2 posters from the forum read on the air. The discussion is ongoing and entails SDSU, ice cream and the Jackrabbits. Tune in.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                          Met him once. Funny in person. Probably more self-deprecating in person than he is on the radio. Is someone going to get him SDSU ice cream?
                          Yes, I believe that is going to happen soon.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                            He's a dweeb
                            Dweeb isn't quite right. He is certainly socially and physically awkward and he is very studious but he isn't boring or a fool. In fact, he is quite bright and can be very witty. I don't know if he comes from money or if he is a self-made multimillionaire. I suspect a bit of both.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                              Yes, I believe that is going to happen soon.
                              Did the ice cream get to Tony? I haven't been listening for a bit

Comment

Working...
                              X