Senate Bill 11 - Indoor practice facility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Senate Bill 11 - Indoor practice facility

TV tweeted that Senate Bill 11 - Indoor practice facility - passed out of the committee today and will go to the Senate Floor for a vote next

Re: Senate Bill 11 - Indoor practice facility

fingers crossed that the Senate vote on this soon and pass it so that they can break ground asap
    Message for the youth: “Set your goals high and work for them, because if you set your goals where they should be, it’s going to require a lot of hard work. And even if you don’t achieve them, it shows longevity, and it shows commitment. And those are both things you need for the rest of your life,” Tony Fiegen

Comment

Passed on Senate floor 32-3. Next up is House Appropriations and onto the House floor (no date as of now).

http://legis.state.sd.us/sessions/20...aspx?Vote=1313

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
        Passed on Senate floor 32-3. Next up is House Appropriations and onto the House floor (no date as of now).

http://legis.state.sd.us/sessions/20...aspx?Vote=1313
        Remember the names Omdahl (minnehaha), Monroe (Pierre) chiropractic neurologist (whatever that means), and Maher (Isabel) when discussing who to vote for in future sate senate races. Those are your nay voters.

Interestingly, Omdahl and Maher were also nay on USD. Monroe was yay on USD but nay on SDSU. Monroe is new to the senate, I think someone in his district needs to work on finding a replacement.

Asking for advice which mean I am interested in the opinion of certain members of this forum. Would it be appropriate to send an e-mail inquiring to the reason for their nay vote when I am not from their respective districts?
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
          Remember the names Omdahl (minnehaha), Monroe (Pierre) chiropractic neurologist (whatever that means), and Maher (Isabel) when discussing who to vote for in future sate senate races. Those are your nay voters.

Interestingly, Omdahl and Maher were also nay on USD. Monroe was yay on USD but nay on SDSU. Monroe is new to the senate, I think someone in his district needs to work on finding a replacement.

Asking for advice which mean I am interested in the opinion of certain members of this forum. Would it be appropriate to send an e-mail inquiring to the reason for their nay vote when I am not from their respective districts?
          Yes it would be appropriate to ask just about anything they do. I dont think you have to live in that district to address them. I thanked Peggy Gibson for her vote on Senate 1134 and so far she has yet to acknowledge my email. She probably is busy doing other things.

Comment

Remember the names Omdahl (minnehaha), Monroe (Pierre) chiropractic neurologist (whatever that means), and Maher (Isabel) when discussing who to vote for in future sate senate races. Those are your nay voters.Interestingly, Omdahl and Maher were also nay on USD. Monroe was yay on USD but nay on SDSU. Monroe is new to the senate, I think someone in his district needs to work on finding a replacement.Asking for advice which mean I am interested in the opinion of certain members of this forum. Would it be appropriate to send an e-mail inquiring to the reason for their nay vote when I am not from their respective districts?
            Yes, I assume the two that voted against both projects are just incompetent, but Monroe may have some kind of motivation.
            LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

I know Mr. Monroe from my time at the Oahe Family YMCA in Pierre, and have half a mind to ask him what he was thinking myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                Yes it would be appropriate to ask just about anything they do. I dont think you have to live in that district to address them. I thanked Peggy Gibson for her vote on Senate 1134 and so far she has yet to acknowledge my email. She probably is busy doing other things.
                I wouldn't take it personal if she doesn't respond. Gotta figure they get lots and lots of emails.

I have sent mass emails to legislators before and it's been my experience that most never respond.

As far as JackMD is concerned, I think you have every right to ask them all what their thought process is/was.

Comment

http://legis.state.sd.us/sessions/20...l.aspx?Bill=11

Can hear the debate (almost none) in the audio file (1:30:45 - 1:36:05). Only question raised was if there was a possible Name for the building.

The 3 that voted against it, also voted against the SDSU swine building (SB 10?)

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                    I wouldn't take it personal if she doesn't respond. .
                    Nothing personal, but I met her, and she is very personable and very busy no doubt.
                    Last edited by Nidaros; 02-14-2013, 04:48 PM.

Comment

If this is Jeff Monroe were talking about I have never like him either. I don't think anyone ran against him during the election.
                      It's just an old Army trick I learned in the Navy.

Comment

Contact information:

Jeff Monroe: http://legis.state.sd.us/sessions/20...spx?Member=219

Dave Omdahl: http://legis.state.sd.us/sessions/20...spx?Member=185

Ryan Maher: His link isn't working for me, but you can google the 2012 list of state senators and find him (http://legis.state.sd.us/sessions/20...aspx?Member=83)
                        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

These three had their reasons for a nay, but fortunately there were only three nays and not 13 or 15. Had that been the case, the indoor facility would be quite controversial which it was not. So for that reason, I am gratiful.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbitfarmer View Post
                            If this is Jeff Monroe were talking about I have never like him either. I don't think anyone ran against him during the election.
                            That would be the guy.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

On a related/unrelated note Senate Bill 8 (USD's athletic construction) was passed in House (57-10). Expect the same people to vote "nay" on SB11.
                              http://legis.state.sd.us/sessions/2013/Bill.aspx?Bill=8

*note Greenfield voted against it; he voted against Dykhouse Center when it was getting approval.

Comment

Working...
                              X