Problems with JumpTV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with JumpTV

I submitted my re-subscription for Jump TV on August 27th and they properly billed me $99.95. To my surprise my credit card showed another charge on Sept 4th. Not knowing who to call I started with Ned in the ticket office and he passed me over a guy in Marketing, which by this time I was feeling the real run around. Granted the SDSU staff have little or no control over this service, but surely there had to be someone who could contact them After emailing a name that I found on Jumptv website and a cc to Justin Sells, I got a call early this morning from Leon Costello. He told me he was the contact person for problems with JumpTV. He apolgize for the inconveinence and told me to wait on a Jump tv call, and to get back to him if no one called. So far no call but at least, I know who to contact about this kind of problems. I thought this might be helpful to others in event you have a billing problem like me.

Re: Problems with JumpTV

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    I submitted my re-subscription for Jump TV on August 27th and they properly billed me $99.95. To my surprise my credit card showed another charge on Sept 4th. Not knowing who to call I started with Ned in the ticket office and he passed me over a guy in Marketing, which by this time I was feeling the real run around. Granted the SDSU staff have little or no control over this service, but surely there had to be someone who could contact them After emailing a name that I found on Jumptv website and a cc to Justin Sells, I got a call early this morning from Leon Costello. He told me he was the contact person for problems with JumpTV. He apolgize for the inconveinence and told me to wait on a Jump tv call, and to get back to him if no one called. So far no call but at least, I know who to contact about this kind of problems. I thought this might be helpful to others in event you have a billing problem like me.
    I think this happened to me last year--the annual subscription automatically renews, but I went ahead and re-subscribed anyway--voila, double-billed. In my case I found the e-mail support link and sent a note about the double-bill, and JumpTV made it go away. I'm generally unimpressed with JumpTV for a variety of reasons, but this once they did OK.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
      I think this happened to me last year--the annual subscription automatically renews, but I went ahead and re-subscribed anyway--voila, double-billed. In my case I found the e-mail support link and sent a note about the double-bill, and JumpTV made it go away. I'm generally unimpressed with JumpTV for a variety of reasons, but this once they did OK.
      I believe this exactly what happened to me, which means Jumptv keeps your credit card number on file. I suppose its conveinent to have this information, but its a little scary.

The offical websites seems to be cluttered with pop ups and sometimes when ready a story about last nights volleyball match, it disappears when you try to scroll down. I have wondered if using Internet Explorer is the problem and they might have constructed the website with browser like Crome or Firefox.

Comment

GoJacks.com works better on Google Chrome or some other. It loses the text on Internet Explorer.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
          GoJacks.com works better on Google Chrome or some other. It loses the text on Internet Explorer.
          Thanks seems like some one else had suggested this also, but will try that with the next video.

Comment

Don't know about anyone else but it seems with the live video and audio the sound drops off and a second or so later comes back, the video kind of does the same and sometimes will freeze up or just stop altogether, which means you have to x out everything and start all over again signing in and on. Is this happening to everyone or just a few. I have Comcast as a server for my internet. If its a NeuLion problem you would think that after all these years they would have it figured out, If its a local connection from the feed site, like Frost or the stadium or arena they are playing in guess there isn't much they can do about it but notify the site and try to fix it. Kansas game for me was a problem of poor wi fi reception plus the aforementioned making it impossible to listen to. Frustrating

Comment

Don't know about anyone else but it seems with the live video and audio the sound drops off and a second or so later comes back, the video kind of does the same and sometimes will freeze up or just stop altogether, which means you have to x out everything and start all over again signing in and on. Is this happening to everyone or just a few. I have Comcast as a server for my internet. If its a NeuLion problem you would think that after all these years they would have it figured out, If its a local connection from the feed site, like Frost or the stadium or arena they are playing in guess there isn't much they can do about it but notify the site and try to fix it. Kansas game for me was a problem of poor wi fi reception plus the aforementioned making it impossible to listen to. Frustrating
              Yup, does that for me, too. I've given up sending notes to them about it. (I have Comcast, too. Hmm...)
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Me too! I'm in Overland Park right now and have SureWest.

Comment

Jeff, Thanks so much for the tip!!! the disappearing text has been a true annoyance but for some reason I never thought of trying a different browser. Awesome to be able to read the entire story without having to jump back and forth to catch the bottom couple of lines.

Comment

Working...
                  X