Dorms going up fast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dorms going up fast

I was driving on the interstate this morning and decided to take the exit into the campus and inspect the new dorm construction. The changes to the campus are hard to believe! It seems there's construction everywhere. A lot of dirt was being pushed north of the tailgate area -- what's that for? Groundskeepers and maintenance people were making the campus look good. It has to be an exciting time for incoming students...in their years at SDSU they'll see a great deal of change and growth.

Here are a few pictures taken today, August 16:

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Re: Dorms going up fast

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Neat pictures JD. I have noticed the black dirt being piled just off of US 14 BY pass, I wondering where its coming from and it does appear its crimping into the tailgate area. That area looks to be a good place to build and outdoor track.

Comment

i still hope they do not leave the names as the directional halls. There are too many important figures in SDSU history to leave the buildings named for a direction.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
          i still hope they do not leave the names as the directional halls. There are too many important figures in SDSU history to leave the buildings named for a direction.
          They won't...the directional names are merely placeholder names and will be replaced as soon as construction is complete.
          "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

How do you post pictures from your phone? I can't wait to get up there for the home opener against UC Davis.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              Neat pictures JD. I have noticed the black dirt being piled just off of US 14 BY pass, I wondering where its coming from and it does appear its crimping into the tailgate area. That area looks to be a good place to build and outdoor track.
              They had some pretty good planning there. Before our current dry spell that north hay field was always flooded. They've used the dirt from the residence hall construction to raise that whole area up and get it out of the flood plain and made that area useable for tailgating or future development. I imagine they will use the dirt from the Human Performance Facility to continue to raise that area or other low lying areas.

Comment

Wow! Thanks JackJD for the update - I haven't been on campus since 4th of July and the progress in 6 weeks is amazing! Its a great time to be a Jackrabbit!
                Message for the youth: “Set your goals high and work for them, because if you set your goals where they should be, it’s going to require a lot of hard work. And even if you don’t achieve them, it shows longevity, and it shows commitment. And those are both things you need for the rest of your life,” Tony Fiegen

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                  They won't...the directional names are merely placeholder names and will be replaced as soon as construction is complete.
                  Goon Hall sort of has a ring too it don't you think. I would love to see some sort of recognition for Pres Miller, either in a building or some sort of honor. I think as far as SDSU goes she was one of the most influential people SDSU has ever had. Wish she will still around the area.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                    How do you post pictures from your phone?...
                    I have a small camera in my vehicle all the time. But, there are ways you can send pics from a smartphone to an email address and then save the picture and post it to the message board using the usual process (I upload to Photobucket etc.).

Comment

Originally posted by el_presidente View Post
                      They had some pretty good planning there. Before our current dry spell that north hay field was always flooded. They've used the dirt from the residence hall construction to raise that whole area up and get it out of the flood plain and made that area useable for tailgating or future development. I imagine they will use the dirt from the Human Performance Facility to continue to raise that area or other low lying areas.
                      What really would have been some awesome planning for the tailgate area would have been establishing a nice thick windbreak to the north and west say about 50 years ago.
                      @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                      --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Wandered through the construction today before the game. Impressive they way the campus is growing but it is a maze of fences. I was left with the thought that moving into Mathews this fall must've been a significant effort.
                        You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
                          Wandered through the construction today before the game. Impressive they way the campus is growing but it is a maze of fences. I was left with the thought that moving into Mathews this fall must've been a significant effort.
                          I think their drop off was the parking lot by Wagner Hall. Not too bad. I know some had difficulty moving into Brown

Comment

Originally posted by bubbajack View Post
                            I think their drop off was the parking lot by Wagner Hall. Not too bad. I know some had difficulty moving into Brown
                            My little brother moved into Mathews, and bubba is correct. We parked by Wagner and SDSU provided carts to drive all of the stuff to Mathews. It was actually easier moving him in than it was when I moved in there my freshman year.
                            Originally posted by JackFan96
                            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I talked to some parents of a freshman and they were very complimentary about how SDSU assisted in the move-in process: lots of carts and lots of assistance. Those parents are saying nice things about SDSU.

Comment

Working...
                              X